Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Somali Proverbs - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Somali Proverbs (11948 Views)

Nigeria Pidgin Proverbs & Their Meanings / The Somali/ethiopian People / Igbos come show your proverbs skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somali Proverbs by axum: 1:07am On Sep 15, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
Somalis are not 100millions thats first of voice
Somalis are in ethiopia as a minority and they never controlled anything

Axum controlled Yemen and Axum is Ethiopian ESP Amhara+oromo no single Somalis dynasty sat on Axum throne stop leeching on Ethiopia they hate u guys to the bone ,the battle of Ogaden illustrates that Ethiopian see u guys as vandals and bandas

Ethiopians like the ones with plates on their lips? Right , btw i don't know how Somalis look like and don't want to know, your look is the last of my concern, stop mentioning my people that's all

Cushitic people are 100 million, Somalis are 25 million. Do you know when Axum existed was over 2,000 years ago, there were no such thing as Somali or Oromo. there were only less than one million Cushitic people. Somali is the most pure Cushitic language along with Oromo. What you now know as Somali, Oromo, Amahar was only the last 1,000 years.

When the prophets companions were seeking shelter they came to Abyssinia and settled in what is now northern Somalia, it was after that when we became Muslim and started to separate from the rest of the Cushitic people.

The most oldest cities in the Horn are occupied by Somalis, also Somalis have had tremendous power in the Horn since Islam because we defeated Ethiopia and Portugal easily with the help of the Ottoman Empire. Egypt history even shows they were trading with people in the land of Punt.

meanwhile you guys were in the jungle of Africa looking for monkey meat.
Re: Somali Proverbs by ArtanK(m): 3:19am On Sep 16, 2014
Waari mayside war hakaa hadho - You won’t last so leave a legacy.

Rag waxaa u liita ma toshe, ma tashade iyo ma tashishe - The lowest of men is he who never sews, never consults and never economizes ( There is no social value for he who can’t consult his mind, can’t manage his assets wisely or can’t help himself otherwise).

Nin ann dhul marini dhaayo maleh - He who has not traveled has no understanding (travel enhances one’s experience and wisdom).

Meel waa laga muuqdaa ama waa laga maqnaadaa - At your niche, either make your presence known or stay away (be active or better be absent).

Sirow ma hodmo - A deceiver never prospers ( a cheater never succeeds).

Samataliye sedkii waa janno - To advise good is true faith.

1 Like

Re: Somali Proverbs by ArtanK(m): 3:52am On Sep 16, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
Somalis are not 100millions thats first of voice
Somalis are in ethiopia as a minority and they never controlled anything

Axum controlled Yemen and Axum is Ethiopian ESP Amhara+oromo no single Somalis dynasty sat on Axum throne stop leeching on Ethiopia they hate u guys to the bone ,the battle of Ogaden illustrates that Ethiopian see u guys as vandals and bandas

Ethiopians like the ones with plates on their lips? Right , btw i don't know how Somalis look like and don't want to know, your look is the last of my concern, stop mentioning my people that's all

The Axumite rulers were Tigrigna. Despite being the rulers of the land, the Christians didn't have much influence on Somalis who were followers of Waaq back then. The Oromo ethnicity is completely made up and only a few centuries old. For example, the name Oromo wasn't their original name, it was Galla. Historians are still conflicted on what it means.

The 1977-78 war was started by Somalia and we had a right to. We actually defeated an Ethiopian army at least three times the size of the Somali National Army but in the end the USSR, Libya, South Yemen and Cuba joined the war. Obviously the SNA were overwhelmed and we lost the war. Some Ethiopian tribes are our natural enemies while some are our allies; Afars and Tigrayans of Eritrea.
Keep an eye on the Ethiopian elections coming up, we might regain our lost territory with out even lifting a finger. cool
Re: Somali Proverbs by Laya(m): 12:40am On Sep 18, 2014
axum:

... Egypt history even shows they were trading with people in the land of Punt.

meanwhile you guys were in the jungle of Africa looking for monkey meat.

Ha HA..I see your "white" and Turko-Arab racists masters taught you well...(or maybe you are just a troll pretending to be Somali)
Except what they taught you are lies.

And Punt does not seem like it was in Somalia, the evidence point to it been
closer to Kush somewhere around the Sudan...And pharaoh Ramses 3 is the same ydna as
the Africans your masters told you are from the "jungle"
Your masters forget to tell you that those "jungle" Africans build kingdoms and empires in the "jungles"
at a time when he build nothing in his jungle caves.
Re: Somali Proverbs by axum: 12:45am On Sep 18, 2014
Laya:

Ha HA..I see your "white" and Turko-Arab racists masters taught you well...(or maybe you are just a troll pretending to be Somali)
Except what they taught you are lies.

And Punt does not seem like it was in Somalia, the evidence point to it been
closer to Kush somewhere around the Sudan...And pharaoh Ramses 3 is the same ydna as
the Africans your masters told you are from the "jungle"
Your masters forget to tell you that those "jungle" Africans build kingdoms and empires in the "jungles"
at a time when he build nothing in his jungle caves.

Punt was in Somalia, as their is an entire state in northern Somalia called Puntland. Ancient Egyptians/Arabs all described northern Somalia as the land of spices.

Meanwhile in the armpit of Africa you guys were hunting monkeys like you still do to this day, and dying of Ebola and Hiv.
Re: Somali Proverbs by Laya(m): 12:53am On Sep 18, 2014
axum:

If you are indeed Somali.. the "white" man got you degrading your own Somali people every time you open your mouth
trying to degrade other Africans so he can get the glory, you are the "white" man's bi.ch of Africa..your master say your IQ is only 68
maybe there is some truth to it.

1 Like

Re: Somali Proverbs by axum: 1:23am On Sep 18, 2014
Laya: If you are indeed Somali.. the "white" man got you degrading your own Somali people every time you open your mouth
trying to degrade other Africans so he can get the glory, you are the "white" man's bi.ch of Africa..your master say your IQ is only 68
maybe there is some truth to it.

IQ, lmao, you mean those inaccurate tests that only measure peoples iq who speak English which debunked since african countries with english speakers scored higher than non english speaking countries?

Also Somalis were the first to defeat Europeans, with Cannons no less, when your kind were in the jungles. This was 500 years ago.

Dont place your misguided european hierarchy world view upon me. It is you who has an inferiority complex when you think those of your kind with wide noses and thick lips are ugly.
Re: Somali Proverbs by Laya(m): 2:16am On Sep 18, 2014
axum:

Punt was in Somalia, as their is an entire state in northern Somalia called Puntland. Ancient Egyptians/Arabs all described northern Somalia as the land of spices.

Meanwhile in the armpit of Africa you guys were hunting monkeys like you still do to this day, and dying of Ebola and Hiv.

There is a country in Africa named Ghana and one name Ethiopia, does that mean they are the ancient Ghana and Ethiopia?
That's all you got? you are dumb as a rat tail.
Of course you like to see other Africans die, just like your Nazi "white" masters grin
The only monkeys they hunt is you
Re: Somali Proverbs by axum: 2:23am On Sep 18, 2014
Laya:

There is a country in Africa named Ghana and one name Ethiopia, does that mean they are the ancient Ghana and Ethiopia?
That's all you got? you are dumb as a rat tail.
Of course you like to see other Africans die, just like your Nazi "white" masters grin
The only monkeys they hunt is you

dumbasssss, the country you now know as Ethiopia was Abyssinia 60 years ago, and the same ethnic groups who live on that land also lived in the land that was called Axum, the same cities same languages.

You are truly and idiot. Even the people there called themselves Somali, Oromo, Amhara, etc. and had the same religion as they do today.
Re: Somali Proverbs by Laya(m): 7:27am On Sep 18, 2014
axum:

IQ, lmao, you mean those inaccurate tests that only measure peoples iq who speak English which debunked since african countries with english speakers scored higher than non english speaking countries?

Also Somalis were the first to defeat Europeans, with Cannons no less, when your kind were in the jungles. This was 500 years ago.

Dont place your misguided european hierarchy world view upon me. It is you who has an inferiority complex when you think those of your kind with wide noses and thick lips are ugly.

No don't get me wrong, its not me who say your IQ is 68 and that the Bantus etc. whom your "white" master told you to hate is higher,
its your "white" master who says it.

You might have got me mixed up with something else such as your self, who used "european hierarchy world view"
to measure African esthetics. My "kind" don't only have "with wide noses and thick (sexy) lips" they also have narrower noes and
thinner lips and are BLACK. I don't consider "wide noses and thick lips" as ugly because they are not.
On the other hand, you who are obviously "misguided by european hierarchy world view", and suffers from "inferiority complex" DO
If the choice is between noses and lips, I would chose the WIDE and THICK ones FIRST. I am not like you, if I was I would KILL myself
Oh by the way, I considered thin lips and narrow noes like that of your "white" masters as UGLY
Re: Somali Proverbs by Laya(m): 10:08am On Sep 18, 2014
axum:

dumbasssss, the country you now know as Ethiopia was Abyssinia 60 years ago, and the same ethnic groups who live on that land also lived in the land that was called Axum, the same cities same languages.

You are truly and idiot. Even the people there called themselves Somali, Oromo, Amhara, etc. and had the same religion as they do today.

"dumbasssss"..? YOU of all people is actually calling someone that?

And your dumbbb reply not only further confirms that you are dumbbb, it also confirms what
I just told you - that just because a country has a name "60 years ago" does not mean that was its name and location
2000 years ago, but of course its not surprising that you would have comprehension problems, such as what Ethiopia was called
2000 years ago, your statement about Axum is even more irrelevant to the point.

Ancient Kush which was in the Sudan was called Ethiopia thousands of years ago before modern Ethiopia.
The ancestors of modern Ethiopia which include Axum, as well as Somalis could have been part of ancient Kush,
could have been the people of Punt, I am not "hating" on Somalis I leave the hate to you. It could have included
people who migrated to west, central and southern Africa. So to say it was a specific African people or location exclusively
without all the evidence needed besides just a modern name when we got the Sudan, Chad and so on is not the full story.
Yet its good that a modern African country in one of the possible location of ancient Punt to bear that name.
Same with modern Ethiopia whose people were also part of the people affiliated with the ancient term Ethiopian.

Are you telling me that you know what religion the ancient Puntite had?
or are you saying that Somali, Oromo, Amhara, etc. have the same religion as the Axum-ites?
Re: Somali Proverbs by Laya(m): 11:58am On Sep 18, 2014
axum:

Are you adding new things to your posts after they are already replied to?
Your masters from Europe are very deceptive, did he teach you that too?

Who are my kind? what jungle? are the Amharas your kind? (you probably hate them too since hate is what you do best)
My "kind" wasn't in a jungle they were busy defeating your masters, and they didn't use cannons because they had none,
but your masters did but still were defeated. I know your masters didn't tell you that?
he just told you lies about jungle. While if it wasn't for his cannons the other remnants of my "kind" - The Great Ashantis and Benin etc. would of send him packing back to England like my ancestors their kins did.

He didn't tell you that in his supposedly "jungle" he was busy looting gold figurines
and beautiful bronze art works and blocks of produced gold etc.? Those things don't look like they grow in "jungle" to me.
Re: Somali Proverbs by axum: 4:05am On Sep 20, 2014
Laya:

Are you adding new things to your posts after they are already replied to?
Your masters from Europe are very deceptive, did he teach you that too?

Who are my kind? what jungle? are the Amharas your kind? (you probably hate them too since hate is what you do best)
My "kind" wasn't in a jungle they were busy defeating your masters, and they didn't use cannons because they had none,
but your masters did but still were defeated. I know your masters didn't tell you that?
he just told you lies about jungle. While if it wasn't for his cannons the other remnants of my "kind" - The Great Ashantis and Benin etc. would of send him packing back to England like my ancestors their kins did.

He didn't tell you that in his supposedly "jungle" he was busy looting gold figurines
and beautiful bronze art works and blocks of produced gold etc.? Those things don't look like they grow in "jungle" to me.

Amahara and Tigrey are my people (Cushitic), we may have our differences but I rather marry a Amahar or Tigrey than a Bantu, because Cushitic people at least look like humans from the 21st century not cavemen like Bantus
Re: Somali Proverbs by axum: 5:18am On Sep 20, 2014
Laya:

"dumbasssss"..? YOU of all people is actually calling someone that?

And your dumbbb reply not only further confirms that you are dumbbb, it also confirms what
I just told you - that just because a country has a name "60 years ago" does not mean that was its name and location
2000 years ago, but of course its not surprising that you would have comprehension problems, such as what Ethiopia was called
2000 years ago, your statement about Axum is even more irrelevant to the point.

Ancient Kush which was in the Sudan was called Ethiopia thousands of years ago before modern Ethiopia.
The ancestors of modern Ethiopia which include Axum, as well as Somalis could have been part of ancient Kush,
could have been the people of Punt, I am not "hating" on Somalis I leave the hate to you. It could have included
people who migrated to west, central and southern Africa. So to say it was a specific African people or location exclusively
without all the evidence needed besides just a modern name when we got the Sudan, Chad and so on is not the full story.
Yet its good that a modern African country in one of the possible location of ancient Punt to bear that name.
Same with modern Ethiopia whose people were also part of the people affiliated with the ancient term Ethiopian.

Are you telling me that you know what religion the ancient Puntite had?
or are you saying that Somali, Oromo, Amhara, etc. have the same religion as the Axum-ites?

Islam was in Somalia for about 1,000 years, axum was more than 1,500 years ago, there was no such thing as the Somali, Amahara, Tigrey identity you know today.

The people in what is now Somalia, worshipped waq, and had the same dress code, spices as the same people in Egypt, since Axum took over egypt for a couple of hundred years.

Ancient Egyptian and Somali are Afroaasiatic languages, Somali being much older than Arabic.
Re: Somali Proverbs by Laya(m): 3:52am On Sep 25, 2014
axum:

Amahara and Tigrey are my people (Cushitic), we may have our differences but I rather marry a Amahar or Tigrey than a Bantu, because Cushitic people at least look like humans from the 21st century not cavemen like Bantus

HA HA..that's all you got? you are a real simpleton
You might have just blown your trolling "white" racists pretending to be Somali cover with that statement.
HA HA, "Amahara and Tigrey" is not "Cushitic" they are Semitic, HA HA.

Moreover: many "Amahara, Tigrey" and "Cushitic" overlap with Bantus in their looks, and don't all look the same way,
and don't look like "white people" but look like African Blacks and predominantly think of them selves as such.

The real cave man is your masters. If you are a Somali(indigenous) you are retarded and slave minded to the point
that you reverence the "white" man your master and what he do, and say to the point you even think you
are apartheid "white" Boer, hence your view of the very term Bantu as "degrading", and think you are the ku klax klan.
The same goes for any Somali who think like you.

Are you dark-skinned?
Re: Somali Proverbs by Laya(m): 4:09am On Sep 25, 2014
axum:

Islam was in Somalia for about 1,000 years, axum was more than 1,500 years ago, there was no such thing as the Somali, Amahara, Tigrey identity you know today.

The people in what is now Somalia, worshipped waq, and had the same dress code, spices as the same people in Egypt, since Axum took over egypt for a couple of hundred years.

Ancient Egyptian and Somali are Afroaasiatic languages, Somali being much older than Arabic.

I don't see how any of that dispute anything I said. If anything they agree with it.
Except: what time period did "Axum took over egypt for a couple of hundred years"?
Which according to you are responsible for the "same dress code, spices as the same people in Egypt"
Re: Somali Proverbs by ArtanK(m): 11:27pm On Sep 25, 2014
Laya:

HA HA..that's all you got? you are a real simpleton
You might have just blown your trolling "white" racists pretending to be Somali cover with that statement.
HA HA, "Amahara and Tigrey" is not "Cushitic" they are Semitic, HA HA.

Moreover: many "Amahara, Tigrey" and "Cushitic" overlap with Bantus in their looks, and don't all look the same way,
and don't look like "white people" but look like African Blacks and predominantly think of them selves as such.

The real cave man is your masters. If you are a Somali(indigenous) you are retarded and slave minded to the point
that you reverence the "white" man your master and what he do, and say to the point you even think you
are apartheid "white" Boer, hence your view of the very term Bantu as "degrading", and think you are the ku klax klan.
The same goes for any Somali who think like you.

Are you dark-skinned?

Ignore him. This troll is pretending to be Somali.

2 Likes

Re: Somali Proverbs by axum: 12:02am On Sep 26, 2014
Laya:

I don't see how any of that dispute anything I said. If anything they agree with it.
Except: what time period did "Axum took over egypt for a couple of hundred years"?
Which according to you are responsible for the "same dress code, spices as the same people in Egypt"

My apologies, Axum took over Kush, then Kush took over Egypt. Axum (modern day horn of Africa) at one point controlled the entire horn, yemen, sudan and southern Egypt.
Re: Somali Proverbs by axum: 12:03am On Sep 26, 2014
ArtanK:

wary you already know am Somali, what do you mean am pretending khaanis yahoo.
Re: Somali Proverbs by Laya(m): 6:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
axum:

My apologies, Axum took over Kush, then Kush took over Egypt. Axum (modern day horn of Africa) at one point controlled the entire horn, yemen, sudan and southern Egypt.

Kush take over Egypt(Kemet) then Axum take over Kush.
While it is vital to have correct knowledge of history that's not the main point of my conversation.
My main point is if your are Somali (indigenous Somali) your view of other Africans(Bantu, West Africans, Nilotes)
is reeetarded..calling them "niggers" a word that "white" Europeans who invented it also called horn Africans including Somalis.
Impersonating racists white groups such as the KKK, using their views words and concepts to insult other Africans,
when they also extend the same views words and concepts toward horn Africans, including Amharas, Tegray and Somalis.
Put on top of it, that's why I said every time you open your mouth trying to put down other Africans using these imported
childish ignorant bigoted "white" concepts such as noes, hair lips, facial handles you are also putting down Somalis etc.
who largely also share and overlap with these same features (wide noes, woolly hair, thick lips, slant facial handles), and nothing wrong with these features either. Which can also lead to Somalis and other honers subtly seeing their dark skin as inferior
The fact that Somalis etc are distinct don't change that, because not only are there distinctions between
Bantus and Bantus, West Africans and West Africans, Nilotes and Nilotes, but also between Somalis themselves, Amharas, Tegray etc.

If you have any doubts read about the experiences of Ethiopian Jews in Israel..as a starting point.
Re: Somali Proverbs by Laya(m): 7:12pm On Sep 26, 2014
ArtanK:

I wouldn't be surprise if he is not Somali. There are many "white" trolls all over the internet
pretending to be Somalis, Ethiopians and a whole bunch of other things trying to create tensions
between groups of people, that's how much they got invested into it.

1 Like

Re: Somali Proverbs by Laya(m): 8:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
ArtanK:

The Axumite rulers were Tigrigna. Despite being the rulers of the land, the Christians didn't have much influence on Somalis who were followers of Waaq back then. The Oromo ethnicity is completely made up and only a few centuries old. For example, the name Oromo wasn't their original name, it was Galla. Historians are still conflicted on what it means.

The 1977-78 war was started by Somalia and we had a right to. We actually defeated an Ethiopian army at least three times the size of the Somali National Army but in the end the USSR, Libya, South Yemen and Cuba joined the war. Obviously the SNA were overwhelmed and we lost the war. Some Ethiopian tribes are our natural enemies while some are our allies; Afars and Tigrayans of Eritrea.
Keep an eye on the Ethiopian elections coming up, we might regain our lost territory with out even lifting a finger. cool

Some Oromo said the name "Galla" was given to them by the Amharas, which the Oromos view as derogatory, and that
Oromo is their correct name. What I am wondering is - is there a connection between the ancient Egyptian(Kemet) name
"rm, or "rom" which means "men, the people, men above men" and the name "Oromo" especially in the sense where it means
people (the Oromos) like the term Bantu which also means the people. If that's the case not only would "Oromo" means the same thing as
the ancient Egyptian (Kemet) "rm, or "rom" but also basically the same word.

Also the fact that the ancient Egyptian (Kemet) didn't use vowels therefore they would write the word
"Oromo" as "rm"
Re: Somali Proverbs by ArtanK(m): 10:41pm On Sep 26, 2014
Laya:

Some Oromo said the name "Galla" was given to them by the Amharas, which the Oromos view as derogatory, and that
Oromo is their correct name. What I am wondering is - is there a connection between the ancient Egyptian(Kemet) name
"rm, or "rom" which means "men, the people, men above men" and the name "Oromo" especially in the sense where it means
people (the Oromos) like the term Bantu which also means the people. If that's the case not only would "Oromo" means the same thing as
the ancient Egyptian (Kemet) "rm, or "rom" but also basically the same word.

Also the fact that the ancient Egyptian (Kemet) didn't use vowels therefore they would write the word
"Oromo" as "rm"

The Oromo themselves claim they were originally from Madagascar and they migrated to Ethiopia and Kenya gradually. The name Oromo was first used by historians a couple of centuries ago despite the Oromo being older than the Somalis, they were called Galla or Gaallo/Gaalmadow (btw we gave them that name) while famous historians wrote about Somalis as far back as the 11th century.
Re: Somali Proverbs by Laya(m): 7:05am On Sep 29, 2014
ArtanK:

The Oromo themselves claim they were originally from Madagascar and they migrated to Ethiopia and Kenya gradually. The name Oromo was first used by historians a couple of centuries ago despite the Oromo being older than the Somalis, they were called Galla or Gaallo/Gaalmadow (btw we gave them that name) while famous historians wrote about Somalis as far back as the 11th century.

Their genetics put them right in east Africa, going by their genetics unless they migrated to Madagascar
and back to east Africa. The Somalis genetics also put them in east Africa for thousands of years.
The Oromo and Somalis are predominantly E1B1B with a lot of other similarities, such as language, preIslamic
name for "God", looks and so on.
Re: Somali Proverbs by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
This axum guy has to be a white guy. He obviously assumes our African societies were feudal oppressors like theirs. cushites are nomads btw, bantus are the best farmers, and occupy the most fertile lands, including the shebelle in somalia. Nilotes and pygmies are also other distinct African groups. Aside from that, Somalis are good respectful neighbours to surrounding tribes-their wars are interclan. The whites are just discovering who we are, and they have limited knowledge of the concept of tribe and identity as its knew to them. This convinces me you are a racist with no other venue to express yourself.
Re: Somali Proverbs by Fulaman198(m): 5:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
muafrika: This axum guy has to be a white guy. He obviously assumes our African societies were feudal oppressors like theirs. cushites are nomads btw, bantus are the best farmers, and occupy the most fertile lands, including the shebelle in somalia. Nilotes and pygmies are also other distinct African groups. Aside from that, Somalis are good respectful neighbours to surrounding tribes-their wars are interclan. The whites are just discovering who we are, and they have limited knowledge of the concept of tribe and identity as its knew to them. This convinces me you are a racist with no other venue to express yourself.

How do you know the Bantus are the best farmers? There are many other great farming societies throughout Africa.
Re: Somali Proverbs by gallivant: 6:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
axum:

you got issues. Am posting my culture, and some of my culture is bad in regarding to how they view bantus. am not advocating violence, merely posting a proverb.

Your culture is stupid, violent and are stuck in past hence why Somalia is poor. Somalis are inferior to bantus, intellectually and physically.Real talk.
Re: Somali Proverbs by gallivant: 6:53pm On Sep 29, 2014
axum:

We are Somali, and just cause we don't look like Negroids doesnt mean we are Mongrels. 100 million people in Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, Somalia cannot be Mongrels. There are Ethiopians who are Christians who have never seen Arabs who speak Semetic language who look just like the Somalis in the closest areas of Somalia to the middle east and who are Muslim.

We controlled yemen not the other way around.

Yup, Somalis are mongrels who don't even control Mogadishu.
Re: Somali Proverbs by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 29, 2014
Fulaman198: Culturally, bantus have always been farmers, a trait that could be shared by related groups in the niger-congo tribes and related groups further west. The rest acquired it from them. This also reflects in the diet. Traditional Bantu diets have grown vegetables and starch, nilotes and cushites have most of their nourishment from cattle and fish. Pygmy tribes were, some still are hunter-gatherers.
Re: Somali Proverbs by Fulaman198(m): 8:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
muafrika: Fulaman198: Culturally, bantus have always been farmers, a trait that could be shared by related groups in the niger-congo tribes and related groups further west. The rest acquired it from them. This also reflects in the diet. Traditional Bantu diets have grown vegetables and starch, nilotes and cushites have most of their nourishment from cattle and fish. Pygmy tribes were, some still are hunter-gatherers.

What about groups like the Songhai/Zarma who are Nilo-Saharan or the Hausa whom are Chadic Afro-Asiatic? Are they not great farmers too? That's why I don't think it's good to generalise and say that certain groups are the best at something.
Re: Somali Proverbs by axum: 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
gallivant:

Yup, Somalis are mongrels who don't even control Mogadishu.

Lmao, Somalis do control Moqdisho. I think you mean Alshabab doesnt control mogadishu, the Government and Alshabab are both Somali.

Somalis are not Negroid/Black, and just cause we do not look like Negroids doesnt mean we are mixed.

There are 100 million people including Ethiopians,Eritreans, Somalis, North Sudanese, Nubians who look like us.

Ethiopian ethnic groups like Amahara and Tigrey have been Christians for 2,000 years.

It is Cushitic people who controlled Arab, they look like us not the other way around.

This map proves DNA and its distribution which can be collaborated by Linguistics.

Re: Somali Proverbs by axum: 10:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
Fulaman198:

How do you know the Bantus are the best farmers? There are many other great farming societies throughout Africa.

I know Bantus are the best farmers in Somalia, because they were forced to do it for hundreds of years grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Man Cannot Claim A Child If He Did Not Marry The Mother (igbos Only) / Where Are You From? / Is Abuja a northern state?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.