Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 (15103 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 22, 2013
nora544:

I know about the ASUU strike.

But tell me can a normal nigerian father send his child to this University, tell me yes or no.

So the students there have abnormal Fathers?
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by nora544: 1:05pm On Oct 22, 2013
I know how it works in private Universities

Rich father send his child to this University, rich father gives money to the University and rich and stuped child will have the best degree.

He is a money loving person.
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by dapsycool(m): 1:06pm On Oct 22, 2013
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by nora544: 1:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
GustavoFring:

So the students there have abnormal Fathers?

I mean a father with a salary like most of the people have in nigeria, i don't speak about a rich father.

Who can pay 650.000 Naira per year for one child because the child needs also clothes and other things.
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by GoodBoi1(m): 1:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
oluwashaddow: I think he should start praying dat we never have a good government dat will restructure n refurbish our rotten education system,cos if dat is done I wonder where dey will get dere student from n hw dey will cope with d standard such government will put up
To be honest the fees will go up like private university. Even abroad, the fees are high.
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by 49cents(m): 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
My main issue is not with the dream per se as impossible and unattainable it may sound especially going by the fact that a University is a as good as the brain power and tradtion within its towers!

His dream should be raising Godly intellectuals who will make a difference in their immediate part of the Globe.

Its not by by gra gra! Rome was not built in a day!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by mactolf: 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
Na una sabi
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 22, 2013
nora544:

I mean a father with a salary like most of the people have in nigeria, i don't speak about a rich father.

Who can pay 650.000 Naira per year for one child because the child needs also clothes and other things.

So the over 10000 students that have graduated from CU have had wealthy parents?

In any case, Education at Public Universities is heavily Subsidized by the Government....and you can see what happens when the Government cannot/refuses to pay...

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by unmask: 1:12pm On Oct 22, 2013
why is everybody calling it "his university" thought it belonged to the church.....anyways if Jonathan can become the president of Nigeria, why cant convenant become amongst the top ten?

Their students are already so good they would floor anybody from a federal uni...

And if its about funds....piece of cake....an announcement of first fruits or multipliers should get the pledge sheet rolling

all in all it is very achievable.....and we should all support it

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by kingthreat(m): 1:15pm On Oct 22, 2013
You just came 10 years ago and because of money, does he think he can unseat those who have an educational tradition of more than 5 centuries old?
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Hearme(m): 1:16pm On Oct 22, 2013
nora544: He want to have one of the best University in the world, he can dream and it is a long way.

there is the list of the Universityranking of nigeria and look at what palace they are

2013 TOP 100 University In Nigeria by NUC
1. University of Ibadan, UI
2. University of Lagos, Unilag
3. University of Benin, Uniben
4. Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU
5. Ahmadu Bello University,

READ MORE: http://news.naij.com/31717.html

Shame to Governor Suswam of Benue. His state University ranks 82 in Nigeria. I guess that was why he was saying rubbish concerning ASUU & FG negotiations. I hope Nigerians can now see why he failed.
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Abumilla(m): 1:16pm On Oct 22, 2013
Story
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Chinoble(f): 1:18pm On Oct 22, 2013
Why z it dat evertime i want to post something sensible dis stupid nairaland will not allow me me? (quote: an unexpected error occured!) why? sad
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Fynestboi: 1:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
GustavoFring:

Check Again
who told you unilorin is on strike
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by WFE(m): 1:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
The responses here is a sad reflection of the state of the Nigerian society. 'The pull them down' syndrome is an epidemic that is ravishing very fabric of our life. If we must make progresss as a nation, we must remove the twin evil of jealousy and hatred in our DNA.

How did you know CU cannot be among the first ten univerities in the world? What do you think will happen if reearchers in CU discover the cure for aids? Is not possible? Where was Dangote on the world rich list ten years ago?

For the records - I am not related to Oyedepo or Winners.

5 Likes

Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by mikeapollo: 1:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
Is this man a pastor or business man in the vineyard of Christ?
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by mikeapollo: 1:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
Is this man a pastor or business man in the vineyard of Christ?
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by sopoundz(m): 1:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
Takes a lot 2 b ranked Top 10.. Massive funds, More depts cuz most of d top schls v ova 2000 depts, hw many does CU offer currently, 30-40 tops.... Also forfeiting d religious norms aswell(cuz most westerners believe in secularism)... 8 years is way 2 short 2 jump 4rm an unknown position 2 top 10, most top 10 ranked uni r ova 100 years @least its a vision 2022 so we wish you n CU well
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by wayodude(m): 1:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh the likes of Cornell, Harvard, Princeton, Yale, U.Penn, Oxford, Cambridge, Insead etc are soo scard they will soon be knocked off their perch!! shocked

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Naijas are funny sha, thats how yesterday the other man 'Prof. something' said Naija is capable of generating 160,000MW of electricity by the end of next year cheesy - to put in perspective this is equivalent of building about 102 nuclear reactors in the country within 14 months cheesy cheesy cheesy

You (us) peeps are you really deep poo in that country!!
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by AhWetin(m): 1:50pm On Oct 22, 2013
WFE: The responses here is a sad reflection of the state of the Nigerian society. 'The pull them down' syndrome is an epidemic that is ravishing very fabric of our life. If we must make progresss as a nation, we must remove the twin evil of jealousy and hatred in our DNA.

How did you know CU cannot be among the first ten univerities in the world? What do you think will happen if reearchers in CU discover the cure for aids? Is not possible? Where was Dangote on the world rich list ten years ago?

In retrospect.. you're quite right. In the real sense, it will take winning alot of nobel prizes to land in first 20
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Mgbadike80: 1:59pm On Oct 22, 2013
The no 1 requirement to be a pentecostal is to be brainwashed beyond redemption, thats why many mo.rons here actually believe this man. Currently no university in nigeria is among the top 500 in the world and covenant is not even among the top 10 in nigeria yet they believe that they can be among the top 10 within 2yrs. No problem na, we go see whether this one na tv miracle.
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by meetgaya: 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2013
with dream and contant hard work, nothing impssible with God.
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Demainman1: 2:03pm On Oct 22, 2013
WFE: The responses here is a sad reflection of the state of the Nigerian society. 'The pull them down' syndrome is an epidemic that is ravishing very fabric of our life. If we must make progresss as a nation, we must remove the twin evil of jealousy and hatred in our DNA.

So you think being among the 10 universities in the world is same as being among the 10 richest people ehe?

Let me tell you something sir, You cannot find the best 10 universities in the world in a third world country sir. If Nigeria is still the way it is by 2022, please forget it!
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Btruth: 2:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
Is it the same CU at winners wey I know well well. The one that most of the student dey parade Ojugbele hall to drink & carry Ashewo there?

God will have mercy.

Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
Btruth: Is it the same CU at winners wey I know well well. The one that most of the student dey parade Ojugbele hall to drink & carry Ashewo there?

God will have mercy.

Who goes to Ojugbele in 2013? cheesy
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by dahmie2013: 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2013
Haters keep hating&stop thinking. If only ur leaders had half of this man's wisdom, we wont be talking of strike or no strike. I'm sure when Martin Lurther King Jnr also had d dream of a black man being an America's president, scorners like u were dere&it happened. So continue criticizing, while the skool is @ least 4 now the best & most sort after private uni in Nigeria even with all deir wahala. So make una dey run ur mouth o!

God, all I want is not double portion, that might be too much, even if its just half of the wisdom you gave him, there will be a drastic turn-around in my life. AMEN!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by maninmood(m): 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2013

C'mon stop smoking weed. People are being objective here. Lol @ the cure of aids. If by chance they discover the cure for aids, would that put them in top 500? Manchester Uni for instance has been in existence for more than a century followed by lots and lots of successful research in tech, science, social science, etc. All these have not put them to top 20. In the next 200 years, perhaps, if they work really hard, get loads of innovation, the dream can be possible but not in your generation cuz other top unis are not sleeping neither are they docile.
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Wahala90: 2:22pm On Oct 22, 2013
maninmood: Mr Oyedepo, this dream of yours is quite funny; ridiculous if I may say. If by giving almost half of covenant graduates first class would push the school to top 10, then dreams is freegrin

He probably does not know why universities are rated. Notwistanding, I won't blame him since he only knows how to pile more and more millions, own fleet of jets and maybachs. Pastor jet, unis are graded with history and numbers of verified, innovative research breakthrough. And these breakthrough must contribute immensely to the development of our world not theoretical first class hand-over grin

Mumu person! Very easy to see your mumuish nature. A man has a good dream, whether realistic or not. Why not point out why you think it can not be achieved without attacking his personality.
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Wahala90: 2:24pm On Oct 22, 2013
Demain_man:

So you think being among the 10 universities in the world is same as being among the 10 richest people ehe?

Let me tell you something sir, You cannot find the best 10 universities in the world in a third world country sir. If Nigeria is still the way it is by 2022, please forget it!

What if Nigeria does not remain the way it is by 2022.
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by mbulela: 2:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
617aircav: Really. Good to dream but dreaming is not enough. Policies have to be put into place to achieve that dream. You can't talk your way to being the best homie.
And what makes you think he is not putting policies in place? Or you just want to sound smart?
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by Wahala90: 2:29pm On Oct 22, 2013
Chinoble: Why z it dat evertime i want to post something sensible dis stupid nairaland will not allow me me? (quote: an unexpected error occured!) why? sad

Then try something insensible.
Re: Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 by lastmessenger: 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
dahmie2013: Haters keep hating&stop thinking. If only ur leaders had half of this man's wisdom, we wont be talking of strike or no strike. I'm sure when Martin Lurther King Jnr also had d dream of a black man being an America's president, scorners like u were dere&it happened. So continue criticizing, while the skool is @ least 4 now the best & most sort after private uni in Nigeria even with all deir wahala. So make una dey run ur mouth o!

God, all I want is not double portion, that might be too much, even if its just half of the wisdom you gave him, there will be a drastic turn-around in my life. AMEN!
Please dont bring our leaders here.u think managing covenant university is the same as managing over 300 higher institutions.hell no.i wish his university best of luck and i pray they be the best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PTDF Msc Scholarship Past Questions And Answers / Courses Available In NDA Short Service And DSSC / Unilag Merit List Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.