Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,452 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate (14871 Views)

Osita Chidoka Set To Emerge Pdp’s Anambra Central Senatorial Candidate / Breaking NEWS!!!: Election Tribunal Declares Tony Nwoye Of PDP HOR Seat Winner / Breaking News: Tony Nwoye Wins At Supreme Court As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by deletrue: 10:23am On Oct 23, 2013
I pity guba candidate for APC and APC. How am I sure they will read and understand the scripts? To make it worse for APC, great odds like the bridge head, campaigning on the special day of ofo are all watch apc at the face.
WARNING: Try to avoid the suprime court. It is a no go area.
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by hitman2911: 10:23am On Oct 23, 2013
I think Osun defender reporter is being mischievious and giving a misleading information.
Nwoye has not been declared PDP candidate but the Supreme court gave him chance to continue his case at the Appeal court.

Anambra gov: S’Court refuses to stop appeal court from delivering judgment in Nwoye’s appeal

The Supreme Court, on Tuesday, declined to stop the Court of Appeal, Port Harcourt division from delivering judgment in the appeal brought by the disqualified candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Anambra State, Tony Nwoye, in the forthcoming governorship election.

It will be recalled that the Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt had earlier voided the candidacy of Nwoye as the candidate of the party.

The judgment of the high court was a result of a suit filed by another aspirant, Nicholas Ukachukwu.

The court declared Ukachukwu as the authentic candidate of the party.

Not satisfied with the judgment, Nwoye had approached the Court of Appeal challenging the decision of the lower court.
The appeal court heard the matter and reserved judgment.

However, Ukachukwu had through his counsel, J.B Daudu (SAN), approached the apex court seeking a stay of proceeding at the Court of Appeal.

He also wants the apex court to disband the panel hearing the appeal on the grounds that he is not comfortable with the way the matter is being handled.

But counsel for the PDP, J.K Gadzama (SAN) and counsel for Nwoye, Garuba Pul (SAN) opposed the application.

In a short ruling delivered by the five-man panel of the apex court led by Justice Walter Onoghen, the court held that the application to stay proceeding at the Court of Appeal could not be granted because in the face of the law, it is intended to arrest the judgment of the appellate court.

The court further held that there is no law that allows anybody to arrest the judgment of the court, adding that judgment can only be appealed and not arrested.

The court adjourned for a later date to give reasons for its judgment.

Meanwhile, former Anambra State Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, Chief Maja Umeh, has accused the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) of plotting to subvert the governorship election in the state.

Chief Umeh, who spoke to newsmen in Awka on Tuesday, said that unless the INEC chairman acted swiftly and stopped the Anambra State Resident Electoral Commissioner from carrying out electoral fraud, the forthcoming November 16 governorship election in the state was doomed.

Chief Umeh’s reaction was as a result of INEC’s distribution of voters registers to political parties in Awka, the Anambra State Capital.
The former commissioner noted with dismay that INEC issued two voters registers to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) while other political parties contesting the governorship election with PDP got one each.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/24572-anambra-gov-s%E2%80%99court-refuses-to-stop-appeal-court-from-delivering-judgment-in-nwoye%E2%80%99s-appeal.html
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by Indifferent(m): 10:24am On Oct 23, 2013
Nonybb: TONY NWOYE IS NOT EVEN A POPULAR CONTENDER IN ANAMBRA GUBER RACE SO WHY SHOULD WE PARTICULARLY CARE NOW. WE HAVE CHOOSEN NGIGE FOR A LONG TIME AND NOBODY CAN STOP IT. WE CHOOSE NGIGE NOT BECAUSE OF APC BUT BECAUSE OF HIM
you and who chose Ngige?

3 Likes

Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by saintNinoBran(m): 10:43am On Oct 23, 2013
What has dat got to do with my financial update, nonsense na the same people because even before the court ruling, they have already choose him to be the flag bearer, no be nija or is it anoda country, they are only deceiving themselves and not me.
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by saintNinoBran(m): 10:50am On Oct 23, 2013
chymystique: He was shinin his teeth on NTA news xterdai lik say he is gonna wanna win d gubernatorial election..

For me d election is between Mr Willie and Mr Nwabueze nigige
You are there my brother cos others are just wasting their time, this two are the peoples choice.
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by Lilimax(f): 11:22am On Oct 23, 2013
hitman2911: I think Osun defender reporter is being mischievious and giving a misleading information.
I equally some reservations about their journalism angry
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by ceejayluv(m): 11:46am On Oct 23, 2013
Doesn't change the fact that he's still gonna lose..
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by CharliParker: 11:58am On Oct 23, 2013
Me vote 4 pdp na lie Ngige all the way
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by Oguieke(m): 12:01pm On Oct 23, 2013
oh my anambra. author eze the god father, emeka eze the running mate of tony nwonye. can u see the line-up. "anambra is finished"all na "fouroneniners"
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by Omooba77: 12:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
Where Andy Uba follow for all these?
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 23, 2013
Technocracy: The way tony nwoye rose to stardom just suprised me,few years ago as a NANs president when he visits the NaNS Director of sports in uniport Kwame nkuruma hostel precisely, he answers the ukachukwu's and the uba's sir he was virtually an errand boy,and in a twinkle of an eye he has become a financial and political power house in Anambra state indeed its so amazing.
its Arthur Eze n'ukpo's handiwork.
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
fortsierafino:
Information reaching 247ureports.com indicates that the Supreme Court adjudicating the Anambra PDP internal tussle – for who to fly the banner for November 16, 2013 gubernatorial elections in Anambra – ruled today in favor of the brief brought by Tony Nwoye.

Today, the Supreme Court ruled that Nicholas Ukachukwu should stop parading himself as the candidate of PDP for the gubernatorial elections – until the appeal courts holding at Port Harcourt completes hearing the case between Tony Nwoye and Nicholas Ukachukwu.

Information reaching 247ureports.com from a competent source near the activities at the PDP headquarters – indicates that Bamanga Tukur may dump the candidature of Ukachukwu today – and take up Tony Nwoye as the candidate. Our source explained that the political godfathers behind the candidateship of Tony Nwoye – are close business associates of Bamanga Tukur. Chief Arthur Eze, one of the main political godfathers to Nwoye, is a close business associate of Bamanga Tukur. He is believed to have sponsored the candidature of Bamanga Tukur – when he contested for PDP chairman.

Already, Bamanga Tukur has ordered for the Anambra contingent of the National PDP to prepare to return to Anambra for campaign. A contingent is scheduled to leave Abuja for Anambra week ending October 26, 2013. The PDP Senator representing Anambra north Senatorial district is reported to be the coordinating director of the PDP campaign in Anambra.

-

It is recalled that the Nicholas Ukachukwu who was a runner up to Tony Nwoye in the Ken Emeakayi faction – which conducted a separate PDP gubernatorial primary. Nicholas Ukachukwu, following the Nwoye victory, sought brief at Port Harcourt federal high court – charging that Tony Nwoye had submitted fake and/or forged documents to the PDP. The courts granted Ukachukwu an injunction to that effect.

Short URL: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=128157

So Osun defender, una no fit get una own news...na to thief news for 24ureports...ole buruku
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by emecheboy2(m): 1:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
Effect of cultism, god fathers and serious cabals.
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by Ddy(m): 2:30pm On Oct 23, 2013
Technocracy: The way tony nwoye rose to stardom just suprised me,few years ago as a NANs president when he visits the NaNS Director of sports in uniport Kwame nkuruma hostel precisely, he answers the ukachukwu's and the uba's sir he was virtually an errand boy,and in a twinkle of an eye he has become a financial and political power house in Anambra state indeed its so amazing.

yes. i also knw wen he was in Nans. we always sit side by side to discuss issues about Nans. the reason is cos PDP can control him. he has no financial fit to stand on his own. they need someone they can control thats why they choose him. oda contenders have financial power on their own. so if ukachukwu or uba is there,they dont hv God father but Tony has. Thats all my broda. tnx
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by moshino(m): 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ddy:

yes. i also knw wen he was in Nans. we always sit side by side to discuss issues about Nans. the reason is cos PDP can control him. he has no financial fit to stand on his own. they need someone they can control thats why they choose him. oda contenders have financial power on their own. so if ukachukwu or uba is there,they dont hv God father but Tony has. Thats all my broda. tnx

1. Well, he has moved up from sitting side-by-side with you, have you moved up?

2. Once a candidate is sworn in as governor nobody controls him anymore - Emeka Offor and Mbadinuju, Chris Uba and Ngige - Check your history
!

3. Who gave Obiano (APGA) financial power?
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by onyennawiz(m): 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
That's life for you it cant be avoided 'Nwoke tochaa ochere ibe ya'.
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by onyennawiz(m): 3:55pm On Oct 23, 2013
My critiques comes after Nov. 16.
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by DonEwexco(m): 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2013
Nonybb: TONY NWOYE IS NOT EVEN A POPULAR CONTENDER IN ANAMBRA GUBER RACE SO WHY SHOULD WE PARTICULARLY CARE NOW. WE HAVE CHOOSEN NGIGE FOR A LONG TIME AND NOBODY CAN STOP IT. WE CHOOSE NGIGE NOT BECAUSE OF APC BUT BECAUSE OF HIM

POINT OF CORRECTION

U choose nGige not we cuz it av been Obiano that good people of Anambra state av choose.

I pity nGige for having mostly people without voters card as fans. God bless APGA!
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by fortsierafino(m): 5:45pm On Oct 23, 2013
TONY NWOYE ALL THE WAY...

HATERZZZ GO AND HUG TRANSFORMER

Oga eme unu vam na anya
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by Noneroone(m): 7:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
That means more trouble for APGA!

1 Like

Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by Mantissa89(m): 11:02pm On Oct 23, 2013
apoti: What happened to Ifeanyi Ubah shocked

I can see Ngige cruising to victory grin
as if u will vote dat day. Which state are u 4rm seilf? Mtchew
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by Mantissa89(m): 11:09pm On Oct 23, 2013
guy u dey mad ooo. Just say na u choose ahmed ngige not we. Idiot. Ngige is a no body in anambra
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by mbekwu: 11:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
all of u guys talking trash here make me laugh.. let me put it in plain and simple language ... IT WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE TO BEAT TONY NWOYE IN THIS ELECTION... whoever cares should listen..
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by mbekwu: 11:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
Ogui eke: oh my anambra. author eze the god father, emeka eze the running mate of tony nwonye. can u see the line-up. "anambra is finished"all na "fouroneniners"

which emeka eze is the running mate of tony nwoye.. try and get your info right b4 u write rubbish here
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by mbekwu: 11:43pm On Oct 24, 2013
fortsierafino: TONY NWOYE ALL THE WAY...

HATERZZZ GO AND HUG TRANSFORMER

Oga eme unu vam na anya

Tony ga agba fa ncha okpa na eze..
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by mbekwu: 11:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
Mantissa89: as if u will vote dat day. Which state are u 4rm seilf? Mtchew

ngige what , if he wins iddmmili the he should go kill an elephant for his ancestors
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by mbekwu: 11:45pm On Oct 24, 2013
Omooba77: Where Andy Uba follow for all these?

Comrade tony nwoye and ozo igbo ndu agbaala ya okpa na eze...
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by mbekwu: 11:48pm On Oct 24, 2013
saint Nino Bran: You are there my brother cos others are just wasting their time, this two are the peoples choice.

o ga eme unu voom na anya.. tony's victory is a far gone conclusion
Re: Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate by hushmail: 2:33am On Nov 13, 2013
As the countdown to the Anambra governorship election tails off to the final day, it is common knowledge that one of the numerous candidates will emerge as the governor when the good people of Anambra would have cast their votes to select Peter Obi’s successor.

What is not common knowledge, however, is that Tony Nwoye, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the November 16 governorship election, was part of the civilian thug that assisted Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG) Ige who forcibly kidnapped the ‘illegal’ governor Chris Nwabueze Ngige in 2003.

It is also not common knowledge that Tony Nwoye led the irate arsonists that burnt down two radio stations in Anambra state, government vehicles, torched the state government house and held hostage members of the state House of Assembly ostensibly to force them to sign a document that Chirs Ngige, then governor of Anambra State, had resigned as governor in November 2004.

These illegalities came on the heels of a gentleman agreement between the self-imposed godfather of Anambra politics, Chief Chris Ubah, and Dr. Chris Ngige which had gone awry and Chris Ubah was bent on dealing with Ngige whom he felt had betrayed him and therefore was not to be trusted anymore.

Among the members of the Chris Ubah-led gang that destabilised Anambra in 2004 was Mr. Tony Nwoye, the PDP flag bearer in the forthcoming Anambra governorship election, who was president of National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) in 2004 and led a group of irate students to cause the debacle in Anambra, and Chief Obinna Uzoh, PDP guber aspirant who lost to Tony Nwoye in the PDP guber primaries and has made several attempts at the Anambra government house without success.

Others are Mr. Uchenna Emordi, who was the chairman of PDP in Anambra in 2004, and Mr. Ossy Nsugbe, known within political circles to be Chief Chris Ubah’s political errand boy.

In the unfolding political era, it will interest Anambra people to know that this gang of actors are not yet done with Anambra State as all plans are still in the offing to see that they take control of Anambra State by hook or crook.

Presently, the same group has propped up Mr. Nwoye as the candidate of the PDP with the backing of the political henchman of Anambra State, Chief Arthur Eze, who is Chris Ubah’s political godfather.

Is it this same Tony Nwoye that perpetrated all these punishable crimes against Anambra State that PDP is trying to foist on Anambra people? This newfound love between estranged godfathers and godsons is being fostered by no single reason beyond sharing the collective patrimony of Anambra people and Tony Nwoye is nothing but a point man and front for Chris Ubah and Arthur Eze.

How will an egghead state like Anambra that boasts of the likes of Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Prof Chinua Achebe, Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu, Ikemba Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, Prof Kenneth Onwuka Dike, Prof Chike Obi, Chief Emeka Anyaoku, and a host of others allow a gang of upstarts like Chris Ubah and Tony Nwoye to rule over them in this 21st century when excellence in business and governance defines the future?

At this juncture, it will be proper to state with all sense of modesty that the Igbo man, nay, the Anambra man, is blessed with a high Intelligence Quotient (IQ) by Providence and therefore should apply all available wisdom at their disposal including street wisdom in choosing their governor.

This is definitely a defining moment in the lives of Anambra people and any wrong choice in electing the next governor will certainly pull Anambra back to the dark days of Chris Ubah-Chris Ngige debacle.
- See more at: http://naija247news.com/2013/11/12/tony-nwoye-chris-ubah-led-gang-destroyed-anambra-2004/#sthash.sGLCDxZo.dpuf

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Are Yet To Confirm Anambra’s Oil Producing Status – Deputy Gov / Saraki: Buhari Can Not Win Except He Rigs The Election - (video) / Zamfara Workers Bid Gov. Yari Farewell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.