Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Kanye West Explains Jesus Portrayal On Tour Stage - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Kanye West Explains Jesus Portrayal On Tour Stage (821 Views)

Two Fans Of Kim Kardashian And Kanye West Imitate The Fashion Icons By Posting I / (PHOTOS) Kim Kardashian And Kanye West Baby Photos Released / D'banj Stars In Kanye West's Movie - Cruel Summer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanye West Explains Jesus Portrayal On Tour Stage by Bebetter: 7:24pm On Oct 22, 2013
[size=16pt]Kanye West explains the message behind Jesus portrayal in his "Yeezus" tour act.[/size]

"I had a friend of mine that's a pastor there as we started discussing how we wanted to deliver it," Kanye West said. "My girl even asked afterwards, 'Is that weird if Jesus comes on stage?' They're like, 'No. We do plays all the time. People play Jesus. You know what's awesome about Christianity? We're allowed to portray God. We're allowed to draw an image of him. We're allowed to make movies about him. Other religions, you're not allowed to do that. That's what's really awesome about Christianity. That's one of the really awesome things.'"

During the interview, Kanye West also said that his concert is a form of artistic expression.

"It's a painting," West said. "It's a sculpture. It's a moving opera. It's a play. It's a message. I'm not even going to do any comparisons with that. God knows where my heart is with that."

The portrayal of Jesus Christ in Kanye West's concert was also meant to have a message, the rapper said.

"One of the things that I wanted to really get across with that message is that you can have a relationship with Jesus, that you can talk to Jesus," West said. "In the same way how someone will have 'Jesus is My Homeboy' [on a T-shirt], that is the way I would express it and the way I create, is that you can have a relationship with Jesus, that you can talk to him."

The reason why I thought it was funny to say 'White Jesus' is whether it's a portrayal of what your image of something is, all that matters is what you see, how you believe in you and how you love your family. That's my opinion. The real opinions are in the Bible. This is my opinion, my message for what I'm dealing with right now."

Kanye West Says He Only Thinks Of God & Jesus When He Creates
Kanye West also addressed his comment on stage when he referred to the actor dressed as Jesus as "White Jesus."

"It's funny because you hear the term 'Black Jesus' all the time, but you never hear the term 'White Jesus,'" West said. "It's just some Kanye West shit, really. The same way how Will Ferrell gets up and performs his stuff, I'm a performance artist. I'm a believer and any time the word Jesus can be used more in our lives, I believe it's a good thing. So, even with the title Yeezus, what I say is, 'People want to be like Mike. I want to be like Christ.' I keep it 5-years-old at all times. People have had all these boundaries to peoples' opinions that hold them back from what they honestly want to create. So, the biggest thing about me having any form of portrayal of Jesus is, I wanted to do it."

Re: Kanye West Explains Jesus Portrayal On Tour Stage by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 22, 2013
Illuminati tinz undecidedIlluminati tinz
Re: Kanye West Explains Jesus Portrayal On Tour Stage by gluv01(f): 9:24pm On Oct 22, 2013
Okay..so who's a baby that he's trying to decieve? Like what the??!! angry
'Jesus is my homeboy..'

The reason why I thought it was funny to say 'White Jesus' is whether it's a portrayal of what your image of something is.
Like yea, it's really funny.

that you can talk to Jesus," West said. "In the same way how someone will have 'Jesus is My Homeboy' [on a T-shirt], that is the way I would express it and the way I create, is that you can have a relationship with Jesus, that you can talk to him."
Really you can talk to Jesus? So what's hindering you from talking about him and speaking the gospel truth once in a while at least on stage? Or why using swear words like you formulated them?

I can go on and quote the whole story, it's just so wrong! God is indeed merciful. Imagine loving someone who keeps on breaking your heart over and over again and your love remains the same! Oh sweet Jesus!
Re: Kanye West Explains Jesus Portrayal On Tour Stage by Bebetter: 10:58am On Oct 23, 2013
HEHHEEEE! grin d Guy na i.diot... why didn't he pick another subject matter like "husband & wife" communication.... must it be communication with Jesus he will depict?

(1) (Reply)

Vast Of Bracket Diagnosed With Cancer Of The Blood / Abeg...wait... Do You Still Remember This Things Below.......check It Out / Help Save Ojb Jezreel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.