Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

A Query For Seun And The Mods - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Query For Seun And The Mods (1849 Views)

To The Mods And Anyone That Care To Read It. / Mail The Mods Here !!! / To the mods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Query For Seun And The Mods by tsmith(f): 2:11am On Oct 23, 2013
This has been on my mind, so I might just as well get it off!

I do not support or agree with the closure of Ivy blue initial depression/suicide contemplation thread. Here someone reached out in times of need and was lucky enough to get help from the people and kind words on the thread. I remember making a couple of posts on this thread only to find out later that the whole thread had been closed, and all posts hidden. There was no notification whatsoever to contributors, nor justification in my opinion.

Do you know the thread could be just the solace that She(or others) draw on period of lows! I have read several times ppl say a thread has encouraged them, kept them going etc. A good example is the 'Adjusting to a life as a widower' thread by Serubawon, this thread has been on for 7 years and the OP himself talks about how the thread had continual helped him through his journey after losing his wife until now that he's found love again.

I was not surprised to hear she did succeed in killing herself, nor amused when the thread announcing her death was closed. I don't get what you are driving at as mods, but I will advise that you get experts in matters you are not well versed. You can afford it, and can please stop relying on pro-bono mods off the forum.

I think nairaland has passed the level whereby mods or Seun himself act as demi-gods; you own a great responsibility to the followers and nairalanders that have made the forum what it is today and not just take actions like you are dealing with kindergarten kids. Like everything that has a beginning, their is potential end. Actions like this can truly bring a downfall to the forum. Remember, once it was Hi5 etc, but now its FB, twitter and who knows what it would be tomorrow.

It would be your loss if you closed down my thread or fail to respond to the issues raised

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Query For Seun And The Mods by jumzzy448: 4:14am On Oct 23, 2013
Seconded.
Re: A Query For Seun And The Mods by Slyjay1(m): 4:28am On Oct 23, 2013
#Fact!!! Following
Re: A Query For Seun And The Mods by RoyalRoy(m): 6:39am On Oct 23, 2013
Royal Roy:

@tsmith
Your grievance will be
forwarded to the appropriate
quarters.
Will get back to you in the best
possible time.

----Edited

Ivyblue had deactivated
Nairaland account some while
back.

When someone deactivates
their Nairaland account, all
traces of their past posts are all
gone with the username. That
explains why you can't locate
her original thread where you
made comments.

The other thread about her
eventual suicide has been
locked because no one has any
concrete prove she killed
herself eventually.

Rumours are not entertained on
Nairaland that's why most
reported news here require a
source to back them up.

If the poster who reported her
suicide had enough evidence to
substantiate her claim, there is
no reason for the thread to be
closed.

Hope your questions have been
answered?

2 Likes

Re: A Query For Seun And The Mods by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 23, 2013
seconded
Re: A Query For Seun And The Mods by tsmith(f): 9:36am On Oct 23, 2013
[quote author=Royal Roy][/quote]

I don't completely agree with your explanation.

As at the time her suicide contemplation thread was hidden, ivy blue was still very much active on the nairaland n other threads, like the french one.

Also, account deactivation or not, I thought one couldn't close a thread, only edit posts etc. I don't buy the idea of as a result of her account being deactivated, it therefore affects every other posts on there.

As part of my burial plans, I have asked that my hubby announces my death on nairaland. Nairaland to me had become more than a faceless community and there are relationships I've established here that deserve to known if I die. My hubby contrarily doesn't do nairaland, Facebook etc but would without a doubt want to carry out my wishes. Is that the same way you would close down the thread without asking for prove? Or what prove is admissible in your courts, a Web link or newspaper sighting? Not everyone is going to go the Bawolowo way

Yes I appreciate n totally understand rumours shouldn't be encouraged, however there is something called benefit of doubt and innocent until proven guilty. We complain about the govt not having regards for human life n rights, but yet do same on a supposed learned n forward looking forum.

A bit disappointing in my opinion.

3 Likes

Re: A Query For Seun And The Mods by mumumugu(m): 8:14pm On Oct 23, 2013
Nairaland is not for obituary

3 Likes

Re: A Query For Seun And The Mods by kayjasper(f): 8:31pm On Oct 23, 2013
^^^^^^ You dey mind her?

Imagine all the trash as if she get shares for nairaland.

I think the Ivyblue and Soraya were playing some pranks on Nairaland. and someone is here giving QUERY to Seun and mods!!h

You think na your beer palour business you dey?
Re: A Query For Seun And The Mods by kayjasper(f): 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
Just imagine ....her burial plans will be on Nairaland!!!!!

Is this woman ok at all?

1 Like

Re: A Query For Seun And The Mods by bebe2(f): 8:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
That is d typical nigerian attitude, dictatorship dey their blood. undecided
Re: A Query For Seun And The Mods by kayjasper(f): 8:49pm On Oct 23, 2013
bebe2: That is d typical nigerian attitude, dictatorship dey their blood. undecided

Exactly.

When everybody understand that when someone deactivate their account all her post goes along with it.

And after they explain things to her she still dey there dey rant.

She come here dey form class captain....Query indeed.

1 Like

Re: A Query For Seun And The Mods by EfemenaXY: 9:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
tsmith:

I don't completely agree with your explanation.

As at the time her suicide contemplation thread was hidden, ivy blue was still very much active on the nairaland n other threads, like the french one.

Also, account deactivation or not, I thought one couldn't close a thread, only edit posts etc. I don't buy the idea of as a result of her account being deactivated, it therefore affects every other posts on there.

As part of my burial plans, I have asked that my hubby announces my death on nairaland. Nairaland to me had become more than a faceless community and there are relationships I've established here that deserve to known if I die. My hubby contrarily doesn't do nairaland, Facebook etc but would without a doubt want to carry out my wishes. Is that the same way you would close down the thread without asking for prove? Or what prove is admissible in your courts, a Web link or newspaper sighting? Not everyone is going to go the Bawolowo way

Yes I appreciate n totally understand rumours shouldn't be encouraged, however there is something called benefit of doubt and innocent until proven guilty. We complain about the govt not having regards for human life n rights, but yet do same on a supposed learned n forward looking forum.

A bit disappointing in my opinion.

Don't you think you're going a bit overboard here?

I understand that you feel very strongly about the thread you mention as per it's potential usefulness in helping others in similar situations - to draw strength from. But at the end of the day, no matter how supportive (or non-supportive) a poster's thread is, it is their decision ultimately to have it closed down if they so wish. A person deactivating their account will also lead to their named posts (if I understand this process) so that seems to have been the case here (I think).

Anyway, I'm just stating my opinion here - but it'll be interesting to see how this pans out...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Query For Seun And The Mods by r231(m): 10:20pm On Oct 23, 2013
mumumugu: Nairaland is not for obituary

grin grin cheesy
Re: A Query For Seun And The Mods by tsmith(f): 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2013
To each his own, its a free world. I never said I was normal; I'm extremely unique.

@ Efemena - you are right I feel rather strongly about the thread and issue. I have stated my observations with facts and chronicle, it's for the mods to accept or deny.

In the same vain, I have noticed a bit heavy handedness and flippant acts/statements from mods etc (not directly to me, as I don't have a problem playing by the rules) however at the rate Social media is growing, I'm only looking at the bigger picture and potentiality of Nairaland. Seun needs to start thinking of getting professionals in rather than fishing for members that are happy to volunteer time.

This is nothing but a word of caution.

3 Likes

Re: A Query For Seun And The Mods by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 23, 2013
Hey! Mrs, Soraya meant she Ivy blue commited an e-suicide, inorder words she bought a golden rope tied her Online life on Nairaland,and hung it 2 a ceiling fan, 2mins 2 that her tongue pulled out like this tongue Abeg Nobody died in reality. Leaving that thread open may lead to the girl behind the Moniker, dreaming the Seun in his masquerade regalia was pursuing her with a Cutlass and finally rested it on her head. Who knows, she might not wake up after that. Guess seun realized that, come fear, close thread.

1 Like

Re: A Query For Seun And The Mods by tpia5: 10:46pm On Oct 23, 2013
kay jasper: Just imagine ....her burial plans will be on Nairaland!!!!!

Is this woman ok at all?

no be nl?
Re: A Query For Seun And The Mods by tpia5: 10:46pm On Oct 23, 2013
anyway!

cemetary workers full here.

plus witches, wizards, etc.

lord have mercy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is He A Father? / Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? / 1st Born Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.