Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them (15094 Views)

How To Heal Cracked Feet Quickly / Dry Cracked Foot And How To Manage It / Health - Dealing With Cracked Feet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by MANGAM(m): 8:00am On Oct 23, 2013
Dry Cracked Feet, and How to Fix Them

Sandal season is starting, and so many of us have dry, cracked, itchy feet that we are often embarrassed by putting our feet on display. In any major store you will find dozens of products promising to heal your heels, but how do you know which ones work? Why do your feet do this?

Your feet do not produce natural oils, they rely on sweat glands to moisturize them and keep them soft. There are several things that can keep your body from doing this itself, this includes diabetes, thyroid trouble, any chronic illness that affects your skin, edema, and aging. It can also be caused by bacteria, vitamin deficiencies, overexposure to water, shoes that don’t fit properly, and lack of air circulation around the feet.

There are some easy at home remedies to try, and some good common sense rules of thumb to use. If your moisturizer or foot lotion lists its first ingredient as water, it’s not going to solve the problem. Water dries you back out. There are things probably in your fridge and kitchen cupboards right now that can put your feet on the path to smoothness.

1 cup of white vinegar to 2 gallons warm water, soak for 30-45 minutes once a week, rinse, dry, apply moisturizer and socks
1/2 cup baking soda to 1 gallon warm water, stir until dissolved, soak 30-45 minutes, rinse, dry, apply moisturizer and socks
1-2 gallons warm water, few drops tea tree oil, soak, rinse, dry, moisturize, apply socks – this works great if it’s from bacteria or fungus
1-2 gallons warm water, 2-3 Tablespoons lemon juice, soak, rinse, dry, etc.

Instead of lotion try some olive oil, coconut oil, vaseline, or any kitchen oil, you can add a drop or 2 of an essential oil to make it smell good if you like, make sure it is an essential oil and not a fragrance oil, most fragrance oils have an additive that makes them unsafe for skin application. One great mix is one Tablespoon olive oil and a few drops lemon juice, mix it up and rub it on. Always use clean cotton socks after, cotton will allow air to circulate while your feet soak up the moisture.

Enjoy your soft and smooth feet, and your comfortable summer shoes!

Sources: http://www.dailyglow.com/natural-remedies-for-dry-skin-on-the-feet.html

http://voices.yahoo.com/home-remedies-dry-callused-feet-93952.html

5 Likes

Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 23, 2013
Thanks for the info
Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by MANGAM(m): 7:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
MANGAM: Dry Cracked Feet, and How to Fix Them

Sandal season is starting, and so many of us have dry, cracked, itchy feet that we are often embarrassed by putting our feet on display. In any major store you will find dozens of products promising to heal your heels, but how do you know which ones work? Why do your feet do this?

Your feet do not produce natural oils, they rely on sweat glands to moisturize them and keep them soft. There are several things that can keep your body from doing this itself, this includes diabetes, thyroid trouble, any chronic illness that affects your skin, edema, and aging. It can also be caused by bacteria, vitamin deficiencies, overexposure to water, shoes that don’t fit properly, and lack of air circulation around the feet.

There are some easy at home remedies to try, and some good common sense rules of thumb to use. If your moisturizer or foot lotion lists its first ingredient as water, it’s not going to solve the problem. Water dries you back out. There are things probably in your fridge and kitchen cupboards right now that can put your feet on the path to smoothness.

1 cup of white vinegar to 2 gallons warm water, soak for 30-45 minutes once a week, rinse, dry, apply moisturizer and socks
1/2 cup baking soda to 1 gallon warm water, stir until dissolved, soak 30-45 minutes, rinse, dry, apply moisturizer and socks
1-2 gallons warm water, few drops tea tree oil, soak, rinse, dry, moisturize, apply socks – this works great if it’s from bacteria or fungus
1-2 gallons warm water, 2-3 Tablespoons lemon juice, soak, rinse, dry, etc.

Instead of lotion try some olive oil, coconut oil, vaseline, or any kitchen oil, you can add a drop or 2 of an essential oil to make it smell good if you like, make sure it is an essential oil and not a fragrance oil, most fragrance oils have an additive that makes them unsafe for skin application. One great mix is one Tablespoon olive oil and a few drops lemon juice, mix it up and rub it on. Always use clean cotton socks after, cotton will allow air to circulate while your feet soak up the moisture.

Enjoy your soft and smooth feet, and your comfortable summer shoes!

Sources: http://www.dailyglow.com/natural-remedies-for-dry-skin-on-the-feet.html

http://voices.yahoo.com/home-remedies-dry-callused-feet-93952.html
Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by bionicdude(m): 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
omo 3.5g sweet see as i just dey full front page today.@ topic dat leg looks really bad when i was little dis are d legs we call atm machines coz of d space in dem
Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by Temismith(f): 1:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
Hamatan feetgrin
Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2013
Omo I no like that thing especially on girls.

Most of the time na ajekpaki that thing dey always affect... Dont know how generalized that thing is.

Then there is a thread about bankers suffering late hours and the inhuman experience they have in their workplaces... Permit me to say here that most of those things happen only in Lagos and not other thinly populated states.

Back to the cracked feet, mhheeennnn... I no fit stand am.
Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by Sissie(f): 1:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
Rubbing Shea butter or cocoa butter also helps.
Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by drjoebond080: 1:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
na so
Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by Lilimax(f): 1:10pm On Nov 04, 2013
Yuck! That cracked feet picture sucks sad

However, thanks for the info
Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 04, 2013
Sissie: Rubbing Shea butter or cocoa butter also helps.

Have you tried it... The solution is to take care of your foot while you were young... Better to protect than to cure.

1 Like

Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by lirusehn(m): 1:12pm On Nov 04, 2013
@tjololade:
Omo I no like that thing especially on girls. mhheeennnn... I no fit stand am.
omo any girl wey get am, na death sure pass foram.
Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by Sissie(f): 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2013
@tjololade:

Have you tried it... The solution is to take care of your foot while you were young... Better to protect than to cure.

It's for both prevention and cure, if you rub it regularly it helps prevent dry skin and makes one's feet soft.
Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by afm4ever(m): 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ok na :-XOk na
Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by Fazhy: 1:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
bionicdude: omo 3.5g sweet see as i just dey full front page today.@ topic dat leg looks really bad when i was little dis are d legs we call atm machines coz of d space in dem

You need to test 4G. You will be amazed.

Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by badmeat(m): 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2013
How this post go take help all these abokis,,na dem need this info,if only if book nor be haramundecided
Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by lirusehn(m): 1:26pm On Nov 04, 2013
Moma of geezz!!! Wia d f*ck is ma post. Itz bin removed ryt? *brings out AK-49* me machines are programmd 2 kill. U na don enta am 2dae.

1 Like

Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by Iykeponti(m): 1:26pm On Nov 04, 2013
If u apply dose stuffs & it didn't workout, simply cut dem off nd replace dem wit an artificial ones.. Na so i did my own...
Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by victorazy(m): 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2013
Menh thanks. This things always disturb me during dry season.
Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by Mubby4luv(m): 1:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
In Hausa itz called "Paso" grin grin
My girlfrd needs this info Asap coz da tin dey injure me durin u know wat.

2 Likes

Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by lirusehn(m): 1:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
Mubby4luv: In Hausa itz called "Paso" grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:37pm On Nov 04, 2013
Mehn whoever owns the feet displayed in that pic has a chronic case of the ish! grin
Thanks Op for the pointers though. Erm...btw hope that isn't your feet?! grin grin grin
Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by GSKing: 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
since I was born, I've never ever seen my feet dry... always dripping wet!
Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by Mubby4luv(m): 1:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
victorazy: Menh thanks. This things always disturb me during dry season.
Eyyah Srry. I hope ur own no wide lyk tht cos my scul room mate own b lyk sey him fight with lion.
Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by lirusehn(m): 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
Na Igbos dey get am pass. SMH 4 d Igbos

4 Likes

Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by Aromas: 1:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin wait o I never witness dis thing for my leg o, abi because I live in well furnish home with tiles?
Well front page things
Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by lirusehn(m): 1:48pm On Nov 04, 2013
Aromas: grin grin grin grin grin wait o I never witness dis thing for my leg o, abi because I live in well furnish home with tiles?
Well front page things
sure datz d main rson. Go edit ur personal text plz. U live in a wellfurnished home buh ur school na real wah. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2013
So Op you write finish then come carry deadbody leg picture show us. You most have a dry feet for making me develop cold feet by looking at that picture.

2 Likes

Re: Dry Cracked Feet, And How To Fix Them by DisneyAngel(f): 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2013
Na yobe people problem

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For September 28 2020 In Nigeria - (2,549 Tested) / Imported Tokunbo Form Germany X-rays/mammography Machines And Ultra Sound. / Knuckle Cracking: Annoying And Harmful, Or Just Annoying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.