Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,501 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Unilorin Has Not Joined ASUU Strike In 15 Years - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin Has Not Joined ASUU Strike In 15 Years (753 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unilorin Has Not Joined ASUU Strike In 15 Years by SegzyJoe(m): 8:17am On Oct 23, 2013
It is good to know that despite the frequent ASUU strike that has become a regular feature in our academic system, Unilorin has enjoyed uninterrupted academic calendar for 15 years.

The school has witnessed great development strides in the last few years, most of the massive infrastructural development started during Oba era has contineu till today. It was Oba the former VC that detached Unilorin from ASUU. Though a controversial man, but his radical approach then has paid off in term of more recent scientific, technological breakthru the school has recorded now.

I was also amazed to hear that 41 first class student are being graduated, before I left yhe school about 10yrs back, we used to have just 3 or 4 1st class graduating student, then yiu can almost sure the will come from Mathematics and Agric Engr depts. Thru out my stay, there was no 1st class in the mini campus then that housed faculties of social science, Art and Education.

Having 41 first class graduating students is a clear evidence that having uninterrupted academic calendar goes a long way in improving the standard of education.

I remember those days because of a stable academic calendar Unilorin bwcame highly competitive to the extent thay student that scored 285, 303 in Jamb ( atleast i tried to help this two jambites) could not be admitted. A friend of mine then was stay with d VC, because of pressure from ministers, governors, obas, emirs and the presidency to get their wards admitted, the VC had to give my friend letter to VC unijos for admission.

Somebody made a comment on another thread comparing Unilorin to private universities in turnin out 1st class, I just laugh, because in Unilorin, to graduate with 2.1, you will be a first class material in other federal unis.

When I was serving, I happened to be Corps Liaison Officer with over 400 corpers under me, of this over 400 corpers, about 300 were serving in 3rd generation university in a state in South
South, I most of the corpers are attached to d Hod of dept, most feedback I got from my corpers then on how lazy and dullards were gettin 2.1 was amazing. I didnt want mention the school here, because it might derail this thread.

In summary, If we have less strike and everybody do their job, most schools will be turning out first class. Nigerian students under difficult circumstances, we still perform, we could do better under better circumstance.
Re: Unilorin Has Not Joined ASUU Strike In 15 Years by SegzyJoe(m): 8:23am On Oct 23, 2013
I am sorry for the typo errors, I was proof reading when I mistakenly press submit button on my phone. Tx
Re: Unilorin Has Not Joined ASUU Strike In 15 Years by FaceTanke: 8:07am On May 23, 2023
SegzyJoe:
It is good to know that despite the frequent ASUU strike that has become a regular feature in our academic system, Unilorin has enjoyed uninterrupted academic calendar for 15 years.

The school has witnessed great development strides in the last few years, most of the massive infrastructural development started during Oba era has contineu till today. It was Oba the former VC that detached Unilorin from ASUU. Though a controversial man, but his radical approach then has paid off in term of more recent scientific, technological breakthru the school has recorded now.

I was also amazed to hear that 41 first class student are being graduated, before I left yhe school about 10yrs back, we used to have just 3 or 4 1st class graduating student, then yiu can almost sure the will come from Mathematics and Agric Engr depts. Thru out my stay, there was no 1st class in the mini campus then that housed faculties of social science, Art and Education.

Having 41 first class graduating students is a clear evidence that having uninterrupted academic calendar goes a long way in improving the standard of education.

I remember those days because of a stable academic calendar Unilorin bwcame highly competitive to the extent thay student that scored 285, 303 in Jamb ( atleast i tried to help this two jambites) could not be admitted. A friend of mine then was stay with d VC, because of pressure from ministers, governors, obas, emirs and the presidency to get their wards admitted, the VC had to give my friend letter to VC unijos for admission.

Somebody made a comment on another thread comparing Unilorin to private universities in turnin out 1st class, I just laugh, because in Unilorin, to graduate with 2.1, you will be a first class material in other federal unis.

When I was serving, I happened to be Corps Liaison Officer with over 400 corpers under me, of this over 400 corpers, about 300 were serving in 3rd generation university in a state in South
South, I most of the corpers are attached to d Hod of dept, most feedback I got from my corpers then on how lazy and dullards were gettin 2.1 was amazing. I didnt want mention the school here, because it might derail this thread.

In summary, If we have less strike and everybody do their job, most schools will be turning out first class. Nigerian students under difficult circumstances, we still perform, we could do better under better circumstance.

You are right

Better by far

Please help me with this Youth Internship Program job at the NGO

I have sent my CV and cover letter to the provided email

(1) (Reply)

Fedpolad Opt Out Of Asup Strike / Disregard Fake Rumour; ASUU Strike Has Not Been Call Off Officially. / ASUU Confirmes Strike Has Been Suspended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.