Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Skelewu Producer Says Every Nigerian Video Director Is A Thief - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Skelewu Producer Says Every Nigerian Video Director Is A Thief (543 Views)

Obasanjo Cannot Be Celebrated Because He's A Thief -idris Abdulkarm / Basketmouth Calls Goodluck Jonathan A "Thief" / Nollywood Actress Says Every Woman Is A Prostitute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Skelewu Producer Says Every Nigerian Video Director Is A Thief by obiajurum25: 8:58am On Oct 23, 2013
Mr Moe Musa, director of Davido’s new ‘Skelewu’ video has reacted to the harsh criticisms following the release of the music video.

The video premiered on Monday night, October 23, 2012 and in the last 32 hours, Moe Musa and Davido have received quite a number of unfavourable comments with most of them condemning the video’s lack of originality. Others feel the ‘Skelewu’ dance, which is the essence of the song was not well portrayed.

The video was shot, edited and released in less than five days after a leaked version (directed by another music video director Sesan Ogunro) hit the internet.

Moe Musa made a rant on Twitter some hours ago, saying ‘soo I have travelled back n forth from U.K to Nigeria all year round and i have kinda seen all the music video directors at work. All u haters out there are full of shit, lol. I think if I am correct there are about 5-15 music video directors out there and all work very flipping hard. Luv to the supports and even more luv to the haters god know u need it more. Just to clarify I am not in any way angry or frustrated to be honest i am just sitting in my hotel room in Portharcourt chilling’, he wrote in a series of tweets.

Moe Musa isn’t the only one who’s got his creative skin burned. The video’s producer, a certain Tunde ‘Phoenix’ Babalola has also voiced his opinion, commenting on an article published by NET (the report identified the concept of Davido’s video as a direct copy of LMFAO’s ‘Party rock anthem’.)

Babalola wrote: ‘Mr writer i just had to respond to this and i really hope to see this. It clearly shows you are a learner and your level of exposure is very minimal. 1st the video was inspired by 28 days later which also inspired party Rockers. To put is very blunt Mr there is no idea new under the sun and any video you see is inspired by something my friend.

With regards to being a “creative thief” as you put very cheap and vindictive headline by the way. I guess that makes every single video Director in Nigeria thief because i can compile you a list of videos on Nigerian TV by Acclaimed Nigerian Directors that fit that profile and that would make everybody a Thief is that what you are implying?’.

Babalola goes on to suggest popular Nigerian director Clarence Peters should receive the same strokes of rebuke going on to compare two of his videos (Ayoola’s ‘Ochanya’ to Robin Thicke’s ‘Blurred lines’ and Psquare’s ‘Alingo’ to Ne-Yo’s ‘Let me love you’).

Davido who’s at the centre of attention seems to have moved on. Tweeting his feelings, he said; ‘Lol Pple have time…. All nah Jonsin! 3 videos dey anyone u like watch if u no like anyone no watch feel free! OBO’.

Source http://www.toniaodili.com/2013/10/skelewu-producer-says-every-nigerian.html?m=0

(1) (Reply)

Mistahdays Blasts Nigerian Prostitutes / Ogun State Youths Beauty Peagent And Upcoming Artiste Form Is Out!!! / Plz Recommend A Makeup Studio Which Trains In Abuja ASAP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.