Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,107 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 (30381 Views)

2015 Election Debate/Town Hall Meeting, APC Not Represented! / Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates / Anambra Governorship Election Debate On AIT On Oct 29th And 31st 2013. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by highmood(m): 11:39pm On Oct 26, 2013
[quote author=naptu2][/quote] I just finish watching the debate and I can,see the direction your write-up is going. Nevertheless, Ngige is a good politician, who also gave verifiable facts as to the projects he as delivered. Apart from knowledge of arithmetic and monetary economics which Willy obiano claimed to have, you can,see how timid he was.,he was really fidgeting at some of the questions been thrown at him e.g the question of civil servants and the minimum wage, question on local govt election which this incumbent Anambra state govt had failed to conduct, the question of project prioritization etc. Ngige was really endeared by the crowd and series of applaud followed his response to questions. The other aspirant next to Ngige- the barrister would have been a strong contestant if he had joined a stronger party like PDP.,I think he has something upstairs. For the professor, you can see why ASSU is on strike. Some of them have great investment so don't care if the sch is not on. Ngige has the better chances, for the reasons I have given in my previous write up. Am sorry for Obaino, he may be a nice person but this administration is messing up his political career because of its poor performance. Had it been the present administration in Anambra state have performed in at least three sectors (Infrastructures, Education and Health) Obaino would have been bold enough to compete but it was clear from the response of the moderators and the people there that Ngige should be given a try.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by ik4life: 11:41pm On Oct 26, 2013
bisi16:
29th Nov eih? And wen is d election?
this is the first round which is on 29,the second and last round is on nov 1 while the election is on nov 16.hope u are cleared now?
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 26, 2013
highmood: I just finish watching the debate and I can,see the direction your wrote-up is going. Ngige is a good politician, who also gave verifiable facts as to the projects he as delivered. Apart from knowledge of arithmetic and monetary economics which Willy obiano claimed to have, you can,see how timid he was.,he was really fidgeting at some of the questions been thrown at him e.g the question of civil servants and the minimum wage, question on local govt election which this incumbent Anambra state govt had failed to conduct, the question of project prioritization etc. Ngige was really endeared by the crowd and series of applaud follow his response to questions. The other aspirant nest to Ngige, the barrister would have been a strong contestant if he had joined a stronger party like PDP.,I think he has something upstairs. For the professor, you can see why ASSU is on strike. Some of them have great investment so don't care if the sch is not on. Ngige has the better chances, for the reasons I have given in my previous write up. Am sorry for Obaino, he may be a nice person but this administration is messing up his political career because of their poor performance. Had it been the present administration in Anambra state have performed in at least three sectors (Infrastructures, Education and Health) Obaino would have been bold enough to compete but it was clear from the response of the moderators and the people there that Ngige should be given a try.

Seconded

To think that Obiano with due respect to him will be the face of Anambra(should he win) rankles the mind....he was timd,tentative and tottered on so many issues

He didn't come across as persuasive and punchy....despite the shortness of time,he was always very quick to run away from answering questions convincingly....stammers and stutters ad infinitum

If Peter Obi had taken him into confidence and tutelage,he should have dazzled and even bamboozle us with Obi's achievements which will then serve as anchor for his 4Cs agenda but he was caught pants down on several occassion even at defending Obi's so called achievement

I wish all the candidates the best sha
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Ngokafor(f): 11:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
...unfortunately peeps have made up their minds on who to vote for next month,so mr Ngige i doubt if anything will change in your favour with this debate..like someone said,elections are not won on nairaland sorry..

...besides Naija politicians are renowned for saying whatever they feel the electorate wants to hear before elections..after they win,story will change..

5 Likes

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by nyabingi(m): 11:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
APC (Arewa Peoples Congress)knew that Ngige is marketable so they used him to perfect their plan of extending their Jihad to Igbo land, Ndi Anambra pls shine ur eye and avoid the mistake Imo state made by voting Rochas who had a northern agenda, he spent all his life in the north some even say he converted to Islam.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by meforyou1(m): 11:56pm On Oct 26, 2013
Why are yoruba people with their lagos-ibadan press axis forcing ngige on anambra people? Ngige did well as gov last time, no doubt. But he stole d senatorial seat from prof dora with the help of fake medicine sellers at onitsha head bridge. And his senatorial record is zero. If the good people of anambra can't get soludo solution, they should at least get some one else. APC has no root in the south east and that's QED.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by meforyou1(m): 12:00am On Oct 27, 2013
He is an indepedent politician. If ngige wants to debate Obi's achievements, he should engage Obi in a debate
sagombugo:

Seconded

To think that Obiano with due respect to him will be the face of Anambra(should he win) rankles the mind....he was timd,tentative and tottered on so many issues

He didn't come across as persuasive and punchy....despite the shortness of time,he was always very quick to run away from answering questions convincingly....stammers and stutters ad infinitum

If Peter Obi had taken him into confidence and tutelage,he should have dazzled and even bamboozle us with Obi's achievements which will then serve as anchor for his 4Cs agenda but he was caught pants down on several occassion even at defending Obi's so called achievement

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by FreeGlobe(f): 12:00am On Oct 27, 2013
nyabingi: APC (Arewa Peoples Congress)knew that Ngige is marketable so they used him to perfect their plan of extending their Jihad to Igbo land, Ndi Anambra pls shine ur eye and avoid the mistake Imo state made by voting Rochas who had a northern agenda, he spent all his life in the north some even say he converted to Islam.
well unlike rochas, Ngige was born in Anambra and has spent all his life there. APC is not our problem, bad governance is

6 Likes

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by highmood(m): 12:01am On Oct 27, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

You are kidding me! They want APC to win Anambra so they can mock us.
is Ngige an Anambarian and an Ibo or a Yoruba? So think before u make statement. Is APC contesting or your fellow brother contesting. Mr. Wake up those era are gone when ppl,will want us to die of ignorance. Nobody is laughing at anybody, even if they do and brings development to the state, its to the benefit of us. Don't take because of APC and cast your vote for an ethnic and non performing business oriented party that has no dream of a national position but to share the available resources that comes into the state.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by meforyou1(m): 12:04am On Oct 27, 2013
Ngige did to onitsha people same thing the white men did to binis in ola rotimi's 'overawen nogbaisi'. And so ends his political career. Prof Dora has to take her rightful senatorial seat back. And I know boko haram's ngige can't win even councillorship ever again. Except in lagos

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by mike404(m): 12:05am On Oct 27, 2013
ndu_chucks: Ngige won this one, pure and simple.
. UNFORTUNATELY YOU ARE INELIGIBLE TO VOTE. PELE

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by highmood(m): 12:07am On Oct 27, 2013
sagombugo:
na so my brother, ure with me.
Seconded

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by mike404(m): 12:08am On Oct 27, 2013
FreeGlobe:
well unlike rochas, Ngige was born in Anambra and has spent all his life there. APC is not our problem, bad governance is
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE TO VOTE FOR BABTUNDE NGIGE YES/NO gringrin

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by nyabingi(m): 12:09am On Oct 27, 2013
FreeGlobe:

I have no problem with the Ngige, i strongly believe he will perform but bross this is Nigerian politics and the party wields greater influence than the candidate atleast history has tought me!
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Onlytruth(m): 12:11am On Oct 27, 2013
Nna election a ga adikwa egwu! cheesy cheesy
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by FreeGlobe(f): 12:12am On Oct 27, 2013
mike404: ARE YOU ELIGIBLE TO VOTE FOR BABTUNDE NGIGE YES/NO gringrin
do you know Willie Obiano of APGA is the otumba atamayese of ekiti? go Google it
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by ifebosco: 12:15am On Oct 27, 2013
mike404: ARE YOU ELIGIBLE TO VOTE FOR BABTUNDE NGIGE YES/NO gringrin
please were is the videos of this debate
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by ugoezeb(m): 12:16am On Oct 27, 2013
From dis debate, its obvious dat Ngige is a typical political, as dis can be seen in d manner he soft-landed 'dangerous' question. I stil hav dis convincing mind dat Obiano wil win d election.

However, i hav 2 say kudos to Naptu2, u are a real man. Gud job. U hav a gud record in Nairaland.
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by mike404(m): 12:17am On Oct 27, 2013
FreeGlobe:
do you know Willie Obiano of APGA is the otumba atamayese of ekiti? go Google it
NWA ALA WU OTU STAY AWAY FROM ANAMBRA POLITICS
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Meringe(m): 12:17am On Oct 27, 2013
I'm an Igbo man, I support Dr. Chris Nwabueze Ngige, onwa!

Whether APC or ACN or ANPP or AD.

I dnt buy all those ethnic propaganda.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by OluwaDrey(m): 12:17am On Oct 27, 2013
All I can say is Let The Best Candidate Win. Eloquence,Command of English and Experience won't save Anambra, rather Ideas,Innovation and drive for Success will.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Onlytruth(m): 12:18am On Oct 27, 2013
Didn't watch the debate, but from peoples' comments here it appears that Ngige had the better of others.
Well, love him or hate him, Onwa Anambra state will not be an easy push over. I only hope for the best for Anambra state.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by OluwaDrey(m): 12:20am On Oct 27, 2013
Meringe: I'm an Igbo man, I support Dr. Chris Nwabueze Ngige, onwa!

Whether APC or ACN or ANPP or AD.

I dnt buy all those ethnic propaganda.
I hope ur support won't end on NL,but will get to the polls in Anambra soil.
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by highmood(m): 12:23am On Oct 27, 2013
Chino48:

I have told my wife, that she should give me a break until elections are over. I have been spending both time and resources to make sure that the Islamic APC is humiliated. No Islamic Party is allowed access to the Zik's Place (Anambra Govt House).
Ziks place ko Ziks place ni. How does Ziks place looks compared to Awolowos place in the west. I thank God Ngige made mentioned of the three places in Anambra that could make Anambra great. ONITSHA, AWKA, NNEWI, AGUATA in addition. But in this present admin, how does this places looks like? Nothing to write home about. Mr. Ngige is a son,of the soil and I believe no Ibo man in any party whether from the west or north will sell us to them even if they are blind and we deaf. And if I may ask, how does this APGA of a party bettered ur lots since its formation? Mind u, u have a wife and just like a title of one of Chukwuemeka Ikes novel "our children are coming". What would u tell them when other states have gone beyond growth and are heading towards development? Would u blame the politicians or would ur blame ursef for canvasing for a wrong party rather for the right person.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by mike404(m): 12:31am On Oct 27, 2013
NA WA FOR NAIRALAND VOTERS gringrin
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by FreeGlobe(f): 12:32am On Oct 27, 2013
if you didn't watch the debate you could read the proceedings here
https://www.nairaland.com/1494220/anambra-2014-pdp-extinction-race
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by mike404(m): 12:33am On Oct 27, 2013
highmood: Ziks place ko Ziks place ni. How does Ziks place looks compared to Awolowos place in the west. I thank God Ngige made mentioned of the three places in Anambra that could make Anambra great. ONITSHA, AWKA, NNEWI, AGUATA in addition. But in this present admin, how does this places looks like? Nothing to write home about. Mr. Ngige is a son,of the soil and I believe no Ibo man in any party whether from the west or north will sell us to them even if they are blind and we deaf. And if I may ask, how does this APGA of a party bettered ur lots since its formation? Mind u, u have a wife and just like a title of one of Chukwuemeka Ikes novel "our children are coming". What would u tell them when other states have gone beyond growth and are heading towards development? Would u blame the politicians or would ur blame ursef for canvasing for a wrong party rather for the right person.

I HOPE YA NOT GONNA COMMIT SUICIDE ON NOV 17grin
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by mike404(m): 12:35am On Oct 27, 2013
FreeGlobe: if you didn't watch the debate you could read the proceedings here
https://www.nairaland.com/1494220/anambra-2014-pdp-extinction-race
ONLINE VOTER YOU HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY QUESTION
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by mike404(m): 12:40am On Oct 27, 2013
WILLIE OBIANO IS ALREADY SURE OF
UKWULU
AWKUZU
ACHALA
UKPO
ABAGANA
NIMO
ENUGWU-UKWU MY HOME TOWN
NAWFIA
AMAWBIA
UMUOKPU
AWKA
UMUOBA ANAM
UMULERI
AGULERI===== WILLIE OBIANO'S BACK YARD grin
NTEJE
AGULU AND NISE= ==== PETER OBI'S BACK YARD
AGU UKWU NRI====== IYOM UCHE EKWUNIFE'S BACK YARD

OMO THE LAND SLIDE GO MADTgrin
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by FreeGlobe(f): 12:47am On Oct 27, 2013
mike404: ONLINE VOTER YOU HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY QUESTION
which question? tell us your community in Anambra and what you do for a living
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by infolpf: 12:54am On Oct 27, 2013
Senator Ngige showed up almost 30 minutes late for a nationally televised debate! If it was a job interview, I would have shown him the door!
I don't know about you all, but to me that is disorganized, at best, incredibly disrespectful at worst!
Either way it is unacceptable, under any circumstance, from a Chief Executive candidate.

SMH.
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by mike404(m): 1:18am On Oct 27, 2013
FreeGlobe:
which question? tell us your community in Anambra and what you do for a living
DO YOU KNOW ANY WHERE APART FROM ALA WU OTU?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Okorocha, Emir Sanusi Meeting Behind Closed-Door At Aso Villa / Olusegun Obasanjo Celebrates His 86th Birthday / Funny Comic Strip (pics) About Nigeria Politics (will Be Update Every 48hours)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.