Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,918 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

MTN Gives Free BBM Access To Android and Iphone Users. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Gives Free BBM Access To Android and Iphone Users. (10044 Views)

17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria / Download Free BBM Stickers / Etisalat Introduces Smartpaks Bundle Withunlimited Internet Access To Apps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Gives Free BBM Access To Android and Iphone Users. by TechyGuy: 11:53am On Oct 24, 2013
twaintoy: Who has dialed the code?

The code is to select a databundle to buy.
You may as well send a particular code to 131 to buy the data bundle.
Re: MTN Gives Free BBM Access To Android and Iphone Users. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2013
TechyGuy: It's amazing how simple the text is and most of you are missing it.

Let me explain. On MTN BB, when you reach your usage limit, you may not be able to browse, use social media apps like Twitter and Facebook etc but you will still be able to use BBM as long as your subscription has not expired.
MTN is saying they are offering the same thing for BBM on Android and iOS.
Let's say you subscribe for 100mb data and it's exhausted while the subscription expires days or weeks later. You will not be able to use any other app but BBM wills still be working.
Y'all should be happy because I'm sure other networks will follow suit.
Let the competition begin!

the pinging is not our problem

We can pay for it.

Just make data cheaper
Re: MTN Gives Free BBM Access To Android and Iphone Users. by Baadal(m): 1:29pm On Oct 24, 2013

Let me explain. On MTN BB, when you reach your usage limit, you may not be able to browse, use social media apps like Twitter and Facebook etc but you will still be able to use BBM as long as your subscription has not expired.
Let's say you subscribe for 100mb data and it's exhausted while the subscription expires days or weeks later. You will not be able to use any other app but BBM wills still be working.
Is it true dat MTN BIS now working on android?
Re: MTN Gives Free BBM Access To Android and Iphone Users. by ciphoenix: 1:45pm On Oct 24, 2013
Wordplay as always grin grin
Re: MTN Gives Free BBM Access To Android and Iphone Users. by tonardo(m): 1:45pm On Oct 24, 2013

Let's say you subscribe for 100mb day ta and it's exhausted while the subscription expires days or weeks later. You will not be able to use any other app but BBM wills still be working.

If it's as you have explained, I smell hacking /bypassing in the nearest future..
Re: MTN Gives Free BBM Access To Android and Iphone Users. by twaintoy(f): 4:20pm On Oct 24, 2013
Imanuelle:

We can pay for it.

Just make data cheaper
Gbam!!!!

2 Likes

Re: MTN Gives Free BBM Access To Android and Iphone Users. by TechyGuy: 4:30pm On Oct 24, 2013
Imanuelle:

We can pay for it.

Just make data cheaper

Since when did I become MTN.

I speak for myself. This move from MTN will make other telco do same or better.
Again, let the competition begin!
Re: MTN Gives Free BBM Access To Android and Iphone Users. by TechyGuy: 4:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
tonardo:

If it's as you have explained, I smell hacking /bypassing in the nearest future..

It's already unlimited in BB10. No one has been able to hack that yet sad
Re: MTN Gives Free BBM Access To Android and Iphone Users. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
TechyGuy:

Since when did I become MTN.

I speak for myself. This move from MTN will make other telco do same or better.
Again, let the competition begin!

I never meant that you're MTN

I was rather saying what people really want
Re: MTN Gives Free BBM Access To Android and Iphone Users. by casid: 5:02pm On Oct 24, 2013
I've been monitoring my MB ever Since I received the message and the whole idea is a big lie. The rate at which my MB is being deducted can't be compared to whatsapp's consumption. Whatsapp consumes like 1-2mb per day with heavy usage but BBM is like twice within hours. Empty Hen, ona try..
Re: MTN Gives Free BBM Access To Android and Iphone Users. by twaintoy(f): 5:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
casid: I've been monitoring my MB ever Since I received the message and the whole idea is a big lie. The rate at which my MB is being deducted can't be compared to whatsapp's consumption. Whatsapp consumes like 1-2mb per day with heavy usage but BBM is like twice within hours. Empty Hen, ona try..
Didnt recieve the message and been monitoring my data too, its not really deducted. Have u opened any browser aside bbm since then?
Re: MTN Gives Free BBM Access To Android and Iphone Users. by Deblow: 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2013
Mtn can't give anything free except u force it out of their hands. Except that they've got no option

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airtel New Unlimited Night Data Subcription Code For 2017 / Where Are Tecno Offices Located In Nigeria. / *~4llerbuntu Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.