Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,859 members, 7,862,818 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:15 AM

Matt Cartwright Blasts Ted Cruz's ‘nigerian’ Joke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Matt Cartwright Blasts Ted Cruz's ‘nigerian’ Joke (551 Views)

Dasuki's Reaction When Senator Ted Cruz Raised $45 Million For Campaign(photo)! / U.S. 2016: Senator Ted Cruz Announces White House Bid / Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matt Cartwright Blasts Ted Cruz's ‘nigerian’ Joke by atlwireles: 5:54pm On Oct 23, 2013
Rep. Matt Cartwright called Sen. Ted Cruz’s wisecrack that Nigerian scammers are running the Obamacare exchange website an appeal to “backward” people that make up the Texas senator’s base and believe the president is from Africa.
The Pennsylvania Democrat brought up Cruz’s remarks to a Houston crowd that all the Nigerian email scammers have been hired to run the website on MSNBC’s “The Ed Show.”

“Jokes about Nigerian scammers, you know, I wonder how much off the cuff that really was, and how calculated it was to appeal to Sen. Cruz’s base, many of whom believe that the president is from Africa,” Cartwright said on Tuesday.
Cartwright was discussing how moderate Republicans might feel their brand is damaged by people like Cruz, saying he thinks they would “cringe” at comments like that.
Asked by fill-in host Michael Eric Dyson why Republicans play to “implicit” racial tensions, Cartwright stopped short of affirmatively declaring the comments had a racist motivation, but said he suspected it.
“I don’t know that they’re doing that, Michael, but I will say that I suspect it. And whether they’re doing it on purpose, it does appeal to the people who think that way,” Cartwright said. “There are, you know, a lot of fairly backward people that are a part of the base of people like Sen. Cruz. And comments like that just are right up their alley.”

www.politico.com/story/2013/10/matt-cartwright-ted-cruz-nigerian-joke
Re: Matt Cartwright Blasts Ted Cruz's ‘nigerian’ Joke by stanuplane(m): 6:08pm On Oct 23, 2013
That cruz dude is simply a racist. Yes i said it. And to think he will run for the republican primaries come 2016?? He forgets that there re about 3mil nigerians living and working in the us and canada. He is wacked... Seriously...
Re: Matt Cartwright Blasts Ted Cruz's ‘nigerian’ Joke by RockMaxi: 7:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
I have long expected this rebuttal from those that can see beyond their nose, that Cruz just dug his own political grave.
Re: Matt Cartwright Blasts Ted Cruz's ‘nigerian’ Joke by solomon111(m): 7:14pm On Oct 23, 2013
RockMaxi: I have long expected this rebuttal from those that can see beyond their nose, that Cruz just dug his own political grave.
Really?
I don't understand you.
How does an american senator insulting Nigerians result to his political death?
In other words,what is the correlation between Nigerians and american politics?
Re: Matt Cartwright Blasts Ted Cruz's ‘nigerian’ Joke by RockMaxi: 7:23pm On Oct 23, 2013
solomon111: Really?
I don't understand you.
How does an american senator insulting Nigerians result to his political death?
In other words,what is the correlation between Nigerians and american politics?

Asked by fill-in host Michael Eric Dyson why Republicans play to “implicit” racial tensions, Cartwright stopped short of affirmatively declaring the comments had a racist motivation, but said he suspected it.
“I don’t know that they’re doing that, Michael, but I will say that I suspect it. And whether they’re doing it on purpose, it does appeal to the people who think that way,” Cartwright said. “There are, you know, a lot of fairly backward people that are a part of the base of people like Sen. Cruz. And comments like that just are right up their alley.”

I hope you got my reasoning pal.

(1) (Reply)

10 Minutes Voice Message Of Kemi Olunloyo To Bianca Tagged Biafra / You Deserve The Insults Of Don’t Give A Damn Government / Anambra 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.