Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,089 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

What Are The Adverse Effects Of The Dredging Of Burrow Pits On The Environment? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Are The Adverse Effects Of The Dredging Of Burrow Pits On The Environment? (525 Views)

The Adverse Sideeffects Of Scarring From It And Getting Acne / I Need Your Help & Adverse Me How To Do, Pls. / Impacts Of Hydropower To The Environment And Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Adverse Effects Of The Dredging Of Burrow Pits On The Environment? by ugochukwu360(m): 7:12pm On Oct 23, 2013
Hello Nairalanders, the above question has been on my mind for quite sometime, thats why i decided to bring it up for deliberation on this erudite forumn.
I came back from school on the 15th of june ( thanks to the Uniuyo 12th June fracas) to find out that dredging activities have begun on most of the burrow pits that were dug to provide red mud for the construction of the Aba/Ph expressway in the 80's. Those of you (the observant ones) who ply the Aba/Ph expressway especially from Obehie to Imo gate can attest to my story and the most annoying part is that this burrow pits are so close to the road and the lorry drivers who carry sand from this burrow pits in their bid to meet up have cost some accidents on that route, it doesnt stop there, some greedy members of the communities who have caught the bug now bring in dredgers into the villages to dredge small ponds.
Am really worried about this trend so i want to know if there are any after effects on the ecosystem cos i have heard from some aproko villagers thet it can cause earthquake and erosion.

(1) (Reply)

Ads On Frontpage! Is This An About-face Policy By Seun? / Breaking News!!! / 20 Very Important Rules To Live By

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.