Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

The Osu Caste System - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Osu Caste System (758 Views)

Osu Caste System! Such A Terrible Practice!! / The Superstition Of The Osu Cast System In Igbo Land / Origin Of The Osu Caste System? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Osu Caste System by Tochex101(m): 7:44am On Oct 24, 2013
The osu caste system is one of the many blights of Our history and tradition.Its primarily prevalent in south eastern Nigeria.Certain families in most villages are scorned,stigmatised and customarily
Referred to as osu (outcasts).As I was taught this is usually because of past crimes/abominations commited by their ancestors or parents.In my village and in many other villages its seen as a taboo to wed anyone from such families for fear of ill luck,tradition and in some cases the anger of the gods.So I ask,do we continue to fear these osus and avoid them for aren't they as human as the next man on the street?
Please lets discuss and rub minds on this issue.........
Re: The Osu Caste System by odumchi: 7:51am On Oct 24, 2013
So many topics have been created on this same issue. We don't allow several threads that are very similar to each other. Simply search 'osu' in the Nairaland search bar to find/read a thread. I might be forced to lock this thread if you don't find a way to differentiate it from the others. I apologize for the inconvenience.

(1) (Reply)

The Nigeria Peoples, Ethnics And Culture / Your Views On This? / Ancient Nigerian Inventors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.