Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO, Is The Highest Paying CEO In The States - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO, Is The Highest Paying CEO In The States (845 Views)

Know The States That Controls 90% Cash Transactions in Nigeria-cbn / Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook Profile Under Attack From Brazilian Trolls / Which Is The Highest Paying Online Business In Nigeria As At Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO, Is The Highest Paying CEO In The States by kevweflex(m): 8:09am On Oct 24, 2013
Don’t cry for Mark Zuckerberg. He’s doing just fine.

In fact, according to GMI Ratings’ 2013 CEO Pay Survey, released Tuesday, the Facebook (FB) founder was the highest-paid corporate executive in the country in 2012, bringing home a whopping $2.3 billion in salary, bonuses and stock awards.

Zuckerberg is far from alone in seeing his bank account boosted. According to the report, median compensation among corporate CEOs rose 8.47% from 2011 to 2012, with pay at S&P 500 companies up 19.65%. For the first time ever, the top two CEOs in the survey reported compensation in excess of $1 billion, and all of the executives in the top 10 earned at least $100 million.

The GMI report surveyed 2,259 publicly traded North American companies and 2,250 CEOs who had been on the job for at least two consecutive years.

“Our 2013 CEO pay survey marks a third straight year of significant realized compensation increases for North American CEOs,” GMI wrote in its report. “Indeed, the median change in realized compensation from 2011 to 2012 was more than 8%, less than the double-digit increases of the prior two years but still substantial. However, with minimal increases in Total Annual Compensation across our sample, including base salary, the primary trend throughout the survey is that large pay increases in 2012 were mainly fueled by the exercise of large blocks of stock options and the vesting of outsized restricted stock grants.”

Zuckerberg himself helped prove that point, taking home “just” $503,205 in base salary, but realizing more than $2.276 billion in profits after exercising 60 million stock options.

Here are the top 10 U.S. CEOs in terms of compensation, according to the GMI report.

1. Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook -- $2,278,668,214

2. Richard Kinder, Kinder Morgan Inc. (KMI) -- $1,116,685,089

3. Mel Karmazin, Sirius XM Radio (SIRI) -- $255,355,676

4. Greg Maffei, Liberty Media Corp. (LMCA) -- $254,890,638

5. Tim Cook, Apple (AAPL) -- $143,828,867

6. Edward Stack, Dick’s Sporting Goods (DKS) -- $142,052,496

7. Greg Maffei, Liberty Interactive (LINTA) -- $136,450,484 (in addition to his compensation for serving as CEO of Liberty Media)

8. Howard Schultz, Starbucks (SBUX) -- $117,562,601

9. Marc Benioff, Salesforce.com (CRM) -- $109,544,875

10. Frank Coyne, Verisk Analytics (VRSK) -- $100,432,117

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/much-does-ceo-probably-more-think-215911339.html

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO, Is The Highest Paying CEO In The States by Caseless: 8:21am On Oct 24, 2013
hmmmm.....this boy! imagine say him de follow ur babe.......

i no wan salivate dz mrning abeg. *jumps outta thread*
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO, Is The Highest Paying CEO In The States by kevweflex(m): 8:28am On Oct 24, 2013
caseless: hmmmm.....this boy! imagine say him de follow ur babe.......

i no wan salivate dz mrning abeg. *jumps outta thread*

cheesy Rich Boi. Hmmm
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO, Is The Highest Paying CEO In The States by Caseless: 8:59am On Oct 24, 2013
kevwe_flex:

cheesy Rich Boi. Hmmm
can i snatch his wife? is it possible for me to snatch her?

below is exactly how i feel having that imagination running through my mind......

Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO, Is The Highest Paying CEO In The States by kevweflex(m): 9:05am On Oct 24, 2013
caseless: can i snatch his wife? is it possible for me to snatch her?

below is exactly how i feel having that imagination running through my mind......

You know better. You have answered your question. But I doubt if he is married yet. But do you know the boy is so loaded that he bought his neighborhood because he wants privacy and a competitor wanted to buy the place. Money talks, bull shit works.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO, Is The Highest Paying CEO In The States by Caseless: 9:24am On Oct 24, 2013
kevwe_flex:

You know better. You have answered your question. But I doubt if he is married yet. But do you know the boy is so loaded that he bought his neighborhood because he wants privacy and a competitor wanted to buy the place. Money talks, bull shit works.
i think he's married. oyibo boys nor de misbehave when the world is at their feet....na we dey do that one.
bought a whole neighborhood ? him own don pass bekiaful!
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO, Is The Highest Paying CEO In The States by Luckystar220: 9:49am On Oct 24, 2013
get paid every month while u get paid weekly like me as u upgrade at http://mypaidjob.com/?id=luckystar220
Re: Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO, Is The Highest Paying CEO In The States by kevweflex(m): 12:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
caseless: i think he's married. oyibo boys nor de misbehave when the world is at their feet....na we dey do that one.
bought a whole neighborhood ? him own don pass bekiaful!

FACEBOOK founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg has splashed out $US30 million ($31.82 million) dollars to buy four houses adjacent to his own five-bedroom home.

The San Jose Mercury News reported on Friday that the 29-year-old multibillionaire decided to buy the homes in the ritzy neighbourhood of Palo Alto after discovering a developer planned to buy one of them to build a mansion.

The report said Zuckerberg had no plans to build a "Taj Mahal" on the newly acquired properties, and had in fact leased them back to their original owners.

Zuckerberg, whose fortunes is estimated at $US19 billion, reportedly paid $US14.9 million for one of the homes, which was "absurdly high," according to a real estate agent quoted by the article.

However, the price is less surprising "if somebody wants to buy a property and the sellers don't want to sell," agent James Yang said.

Palo Alto is one of the most expensive cities in the United States, and boasts numerous tech moguls among its residents, including Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page, Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer, and the home of late Apple founder Steve Jobs.

(1) (Reply)

FCMB Inaugurates 30th Anniversary Promo / How To Start Poultry Farming In Nigeria Small And Grow Very Lucrative / Nigerians In S Africa In No Hurry To Go Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.