Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,440 members, 7,850,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:33 AM

My Daughter Is Suffering From Pica - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Daughter Is Suffering From Pica (607 Views)

My 10-Year-Old Daughter Is No Longer A Virgin / Solutions For PICA?? / Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Daughter Is Suffering From Pica by cnanu(m): 9:43am On Oct 24, 2013
Abeg. I am tired of talking,beating and fasting to stop my girl from eating soap meant for washing. Currently she is complaining of stomach ache,throat pain.she is sick. I hope she wont die
i don tireoo.. amaghi ihe nma mu ga eji na ata ncha. Ncha abighi nri naaa.
Re: My Daughter Is Suffering From Pica by twogood: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2013
If she dies i hope the police arrests you. So you know she has this condition and you still leave soap within her reach. Can't you change to only detergents, liquid soap and bath soap for her sake? If you love your daughter you'ld guard her life jealously, unless you're indirectly telling God that His blessing was a mistake. For your info some people would give anything to have your child.
I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Is Suffering From Pica by Chanchit: 10:16am On Oct 24, 2013
Take her for deliverance. This is serious o..
Re: My Daughter Is Suffering From Pica by Adedayolayo(f): 11:04am On Oct 24, 2013
Pls take proper care of her. God is with you. Be her friend, do not be harsh with her, correct her in love, if possible, try and find out the reason why she eats soap. Some of my classmates ate rubber eraser when we were in primary school because of its sweet saint
Re: My Daughter Is Suffering From Pica by ESULAALU: 2:08pm On Oct 24, 2013
Hmm.... does she have any medical condition?

The most likely cause of pica based on some studies has been linked to iron deficiency.

I have read that people with certain medical conditions would usually crave odd things which contain supposed nutrients which their body might be lacking. For instance you might see a pregnant woman craving things like sand, clay, soap, ice, and even ashes. The list is endless,but in reality these things do not even contain any significant level of iron their body would really need.

Just so you know, some people with Sickle cell anaemia would occassionally have these cravings as well but as you know, being anaemic means there is an iron deficiency so I think that also explains the cravings in their case too.

Ironically and on the other hand, craving these weird items does not necessarily mean the person with such condition has a deficiency but I would strongly suggest you take her to see a paediatrician to rule out any underlying issues and might be able to suggest ways to help overcome the cravings.

P.S my niece's first daughter, has virtually drilled a hole in her mother's kitchen wall, all she does is simply stick her tongue in and laps up as much sand as she can. If she feels she is not getting enough, if she gets hold of a spoon then you can be rest assured she would scrape up as much as she can to last her some time. LOL

Bottom line, please seek medical advice as soon as possible, take care and all the best.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Super Effective Natural Ways To Weight Loss / Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone / Nigeria, U.S Partner To Curtail Ebola Outbreak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.