Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Nigerians In Iceland - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Iceland (24018 Views)

Any Nigerian Studying In Iceland. / Study In Iceland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In Iceland by Trailii: 10:16am On Oct 24, 2013
Am happy to be part of this wonderful forum. I was just offered admission into university of iceland to study medicine. And I will b resuming this december. Pls I need advice from nigerians living in iceland. I need to know the cost of living over there and the possibility of me getting job few weeks after my resumption. Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by naijaspeak(m): 12:51pm On Oct 24, 2013
Since you claim that the University of Iceland has offered you an admission you can still get the information from the University international office or their official website. Infact, cost of living and work opportunities details are often enclosed in the admission package that could have been mailed to you when they offer you admission in the first place. Have you also confirm if the medicine course will be delivered in English Language as against Icelandic. Are you going for first degree or masters? What about the tuition fees or do they offer free tuition? As for work you can only work part time just like student in UK or USA school. I think if you do not have sufficent fund to meet your international studies as against working to earn money as you will study under pressure and it will result in so much stress. Medicine is not business admistration it require special preparation. But of a truth you are the person that can regulate your standard of living based on your taste, preference, character and general lifestyle. You can afford to go shopping in top brands supermarket in Reykjavik or reduce you taste minimally and live in a cheap accomodation. The taste lies with you and your pocket. Best of Luck

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Iceland by Trailii: 2:24pm On Oct 24, 2013
Naija speaks. I confirmed my admission directly from the office of admission for international student haskoli island late august, and a formal mail was sent to me in september confirming my andmission and course. Admission package is to b send in d month september but still expecting it. And yes medicine is taught in english medium and university of iceland is tution free. But d specific area am lacking now is the information about the standard of living and cost of living over there becus am a hustler oo. That's y am directing dis to the nigerian communities over there. Ur contributions is appreciated
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by Trailii: 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
naijaspeak: Since you claim that the University of Iceland has offered you an admission you can still get the information from the University international office or their official website. Infact, cost of living and work opportunities details are often enclosed in the admission package that could have been mailed to you when they offer you admission in the first place. Have you also confirm if the medicine course will be delivered in English Language as against Icelandic. Are you going for first degree or masters? What about the tuition fees or do they offer free tuition? As for work you can only work part time just like student in UK or USA school. I think if you do not have sufficent fund to meet your international studies as against working to earn money as you will study under pressure and it will result in so much stress. Medicine is not business admistration it require special preparation. But of a truth you are the person that can regulate your standard of living based on your taste, preference, character and general lifestyle. You can afford to go shopping in top brands supermarket in Reykjavik or reduce you taste minimally and live in a cheap accomodation. The taste lies with you and your pocket. Best of Luck
naijaspeaks do Ɣøû live in iceland?
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by Trailii: 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
naijaspeak: Since you claim that the University of Iceland has offered you an admission you can still get the information from the University international office or their official website. Infact, cost of living and work opportunities details are often enclosed in the admission package that could have been mailed to you when they offer you admission in the first place. Have you also confirm if the medicine course will be delivered in English Language as against Icelandic. Are you going for first degree or masters? What about the tuition fees or do they offer free tuition? As for work you can only work part time just like student in UK or USA school. I think if you do not have sufficent fund to meet your international studies as against working to earn money as you will study under pressure and it will result in so much stress. Medicine is not business admistration it require special preparation. But of a truth you are the person that can regulate your standard of living based on your taste, preference, character and general lifestyle. You can afford to go shopping in top brands supermarket in Reykjavik or reduce you taste minimally and live in a cheap accomodation. The taste lies with you and your pocket. Best of Luck
naijaspeaks do Ɣøû live in iceland?
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by naijaspeak(m): 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2013
I do not live in Iceland. I live in Nigeria. I have information from some other western countries which also applies to Iceland. As for working to earn money you are limited by their law to some few hours per week this is to enable student concentrate on the study very well. But in some countries, you can work full time when the school is on holiday. But some student have abuse this priviledge leading to the rules being changed by the host countries or school.

If you are checking for Nigerians studying in Iceland, you can also extend your search to schools in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark as these countries have similar or near similar culture.

Best of Luck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Iceland by Trailii: 4:02pm On Oct 24, 2013
naijaspeak: I do not live in Iceland. I live in Nigeria. I have information from some other western countries which also applies to Iceland. As for working to earn money you are limited by their law to some few hours per week this is to enable student concentrate on the study very well. But in some countries, you can work full time when the school is on holiday. But some student have abuse this priviledge leading to the rules being changed by the host countries or school.

If you are checking for Nigerians studying in Iceland, you can also extend your search to schools in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark as these countries have similar or near similar culture.

Best of Luck!
thanks so much
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by Adepupo12: 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2013
Trail ii: thanks so much
oga are u currently in iceland? Am applyin 2 study in university of iceland 2
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by moneybag100: 11:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
Adepupo12: oga are u currently in iceland? Am applyin 2 study in university of iceland 2

How do you apply to iceland schools? Do you know there visa processing?
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by Adepupo12: 12:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
moneybag100:

How do you apply to iceland schools? Do you know there visa processing?
their admission just commenced and it will close febry ,use google search for university of iceland admission,or go to findaschool.org click on iceland and u will see their universities they are all tution free. Their embassy is located at 68,yakubu gowon cresent,asokoro abuja. Tel: (+234) 09-3143634,3143633
I don't about dia visa process sha u can call them and ask.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Iceland by Drdharmy(m): 11:56pm On Sep 09, 2015
Hello bro,are u still in Iceland?,I want to find if they still do tuition free for medicine course n also taught in English. Thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by Rashida439: 12:44pm On Jan 02, 2016
please how long does it take to get an Icelandic student permit?
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by tuscani: 7:26pm On May 31, 2017
naijaspeak:
I do not live in Iceland. I live in Nigeria. I have information from some other western countries which also applies to Iceland. As for working to earn money you are limited by their law to some few hours per week this is to enable student concentrate on the study very well. But in some countries, you can work full time when the school is on holiday. But some student have abuse this priviledge leading to the rules being changed by the host countries or school.

Best of Luck!
I recently submitted my statement of account to embassy for residence permit, but unfortunately some issues came up and I have to withdraw money from the account. My problem now is that will the embassy know that the balance on the account is different from the balance on the statement ?. Will they actually call the bank to verify the balance ?
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by fitlaw(m): 8:32am On Jun 06, 2017
tuscani:
I recently submitted my statement of account to embassy for residence permit, but unfortunately some issues came up and I have to withdraw money from the account. My problem now is that will the embassy know that the balance on the account is different from the balance on the statement ?. Will they actually call the bank to verify the balance ?

Please what is the VISA requirements in Iceland for visiting from Nigeria
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by aofrank(m): 7:17am On Sep 04, 2017
Pls how much is one expected to have in his account to apply for student visa in Iceland. ND PLS I NEED INFO ON THEIR APPLICATION FOR MSC
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by georgesegun87: 8:49am On Sep 04, 2017
Did u have admission already...kindly tell us the process for that admission

[

quote author=aofrank post=60110638]Pls how much is one expected to have in his account to apply for student visa in Iceland. ND PLS I NEED INFO ON THEIR APPLICATION FOR MSC
[/quote]
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by imehchukwu1: 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2017
aofrank:
Pls how much is one expected to have in his account to apply for student visa in Iceland. ND PLS I NEED INFO ON THEIR APPLICATION FOR MSC
Please I need dis info too.. Thank you
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by kelvinUchiha(m): 7:04pm On Sep 07, 2017
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by Fidelis1234: 11:40am On Oct 11, 2017
i want to apply this october for spring intake in university of iceland. how long does it take for all the processing is it going to much time. how many months does it take for your visa paper to come to go to the embassy? please someone who knows should answer me , i really appreciate it .
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by Fidelis1234: 11:40am On Oct 11, 2017
do you mean 750,000naira
kelvinUchiha:
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by YoungMil: 3:46pm On Dec 10, 2017
Guys anyone in the house who Wana apply this December? Let's reason
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by YoungMil: 3:46pm On Dec 10, 2017
Individual info merge can go a long way
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by mavinc4u(f): 11:40pm On Dec 10, 2017
what a thread. everybody is asking questions yet nobody is giving answers. grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Iceland by drhammed: 12:02am On Dec 11, 2017
mavinc4u:
grin
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by Philtrik(m): 7:03pm On Dec 12, 2017
mavinc4u:
LOL. I concur grin
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by oluolu23(m): 4:16pm On Feb 04, 2018
is there anyone here that can shed more light to traveling to Iceland on this thread
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by jgbemson1: 10:08am On Feb 05, 2018
same here too
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by Ozededes: 6:34pm On Sep 26, 2019
Trailii:
Am happy to be part of this wonderful forum. I was just offered admission into university of iceland to study medicine. And I will b resuming this december. Pls I need advice from nigerians living in iceland. I need to know the cost of living over there and the possibility of me getting job few weeks after my resumption. Thanks
Did you make it to Iceland, I need some guide
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by Ozededes: 6:36pm On Sep 26, 2019
Adepupo12:
oga are u currently in iceland? Am applyin 2 study in university of iceland 2
Please did u make it to Iceland
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by Ozededes: 6:38pm On Sep 26, 2019
Any one here currently in Iceland
Re: Nigerians In Iceland by timagentms: 10:37pm On Sep 19, 2020
pls is there any Nigerian leaving in Iceland now

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths / Hit-and-run Driver Leaves 2-year-old Nigerian Girl In US Badly Injured / Nigerian Woman Laments The Increasing Cost Of Living In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.