Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

ASUU: Govt Negotiators Uninformed - David Mark - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU: Govt Negotiators Uninformed - David Mark (512 Views)

See What The School In David Mark Home Town Looks Like / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU: Govt Negotiators Are Ignorant – Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ASUU: Govt Negotiators Uninformed - David Mark by chapatti: 10:36am On Oct 24, 2013
SENATE President David Mark barely stopped short of calling those who negotiated the 2009 Federal Government agreement with the Academic Staff Union of Universities foolish.

Mark said the government negotiators couldn’t differentiate between their right and left hands and that the ASUU leadership took advantage of their ignorance.

He said, “Listening to the agreement that was signed by the Federal Government as Comrade Uche Chukwumerije read out, I was really wondering whether this was signed or it was just a proposal.

“But when he concluded, he said it was signed. It only shows the level of people the executive sent to go and negotiate on their behalf because ab initio, people must be told the truth, what can be accomplished and what cannot be accomplished.

“If a leader says I am going to accomplish this, he is morally duty bound to honour it. But even if you decided immediately after that you cannot accomplish it, I think it is only proper for you to go back and start renegotiating.

“But if you prolong it on the basis that you are still going to honour it and you don’t honour it, then it doesn’t portray us in good light.

“This is where the Federal Government ought to call those who were party to this agreement.

“On the other hand, I think ASUU simply took advantage of the ignorance of those who were sent and simply just allowed this agreement to go on because it is obvious that this is going to be very difficult piece of paper to implement.
For the complete article, click>>>http://autoreviewscenter..com/2013/10/ASUU-govt-negotiators-uninformed-david.html

1 Like

Re: ASUU: Govt Negotiators Uninformed - David Mark by emmanugo: 10:56am On Oct 24, 2013
i like dis Guy...he jus sed it all
Re: ASUU: Govt Negotiators Uninformed - David Mark by engrfcuksmtin(m): 11:14am On Oct 24, 2013
The only reasonable argument from somebody in government since the onset of the strike.

(1) (Reply)

Aocoed Is Admitting For Certificate And Diploma In Mobile Phone Technology / Start Dusting Your Bags. ASUU May End Strike After Meeting Jonathan / Academic Activities In Adekunle Ajasin University To Resume on Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.