Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Apple Lacks Productivity - Microsoft - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Apple Lacks Productivity - Microsoft (486 Views)

Who Dont Want Productivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Lacks Productivity - Microsoft by vowiski(m): 10:38am On Oct 24, 2013
The Surface hasn’t lived up to the hype and everyone has equally pointed accusing fingers to Steve Ballmer for making the gadget a flop. Mr. Ballmer is leaving but the Surface 2 has already been released and Microsoft’s corporate vice president of communications, Frank Shaw believes both the Surface and Surface 2 are far ahead of what Apple has to offer. Frank says Apple doesn’t understand productivity.

microsoft-surface-2

Frank spent time on the Official Microsoft Blog to reveal not any earth-shattering information but to ridicule Apple’s revamped iWork and the new iPad.

That’s what Surface is. A single, simple, affordable device that helps you both lean in and kick back. Let’s be clear – helping folks kill time on a tablet is relatively easy. Give them books, music, videos and games, and they’ll figure out the rest. Pretty much all tablets do that.

But helping people be productive on a tablet is a little trickier. It takes an understanding of how people actually work, how they get things done, and how to best support the way they do things already.

The good news is that Microsoft understands how people work better than anyone else on the planet.

Frank went ahead to ridicule the idea behind the iWork, explicating insisting that the free upgrades and free software to new users was unimportant because it was “already priced like an afterthought”. It’s much harder
Continue Reading
Re: Apple Lacks Productivity - Microsoft by hammedkola(m): 10:48am On Oct 24, 2013
Pot calling Kettle black...what happened to Windows 8?, so wacked!
Re: Apple Lacks Productivity - Microsoft by AnodaIT(m): 10:53am On Oct 24, 2013
hammedkola: Pot calling Kettle black...what happened to Windows 8?, so wacked!
Check out the Windows 8.1 , so cool
The start button is back and much more setting u could do without going under the bonnet
Re: Apple Lacks Productivity - Microsoft by vowiski(m): 10:56am On Oct 24, 2013
AnodaIT:
The start button is back and much more setting u could do without going under the bonnet

That's not a start button.. The start button is dead!

What we have in Win 8.1 is a start tip.. wink
Re: Apple Lacks Productivity - Microsoft by vowiski(m): 10:58am On Oct 24, 2013
hammedkola: Pot calling Kettle black...what happened to Windows 8?, so wacked!

You really fell for the negative PR against Win 8? shocked
If you wanted to seek my opinion, I would say Win 8 is an excellent improvement
over Win 7. Faster and more secure.. Although, I no longer use the Metro, I guess it would make
sense on the Surface.
Re: Apple Lacks Productivity - Microsoft by AnodaIT(m): 11:05am On Oct 24, 2013
^^^ Serves the same purpose, you dont really need that legacy button on modern (especially touchscreen) devices
Re: Apple Lacks Productivity - Microsoft by hammedkola(m): 11:13am On Oct 24, 2013
AnodaIT:

I know how to install a patch that will make the start button looks like that of windows 7 but all the same... I DISLIKE WINDOWS 8 WITH PASSION
Re: Apple Lacks Productivity - Microsoft by hammedkola(m): 11:14am On Oct 24, 2013
vowiski:

You really fell for the negative PR against Win 8? shocked
If you wanted to seek my opinion, I would say Win 8 is an excellent improvement
over Win 7. Faster and more secure.. Although, I no longer use the Metro, I guess it would make
sense on the Surface.

Not that at all, and talking of security, Its NOT secured as claimed. I have ma own personal reasons
Re: Apple Lacks Productivity - Microsoft by vowiski(m): 11:14am On Oct 24, 2013
hammedkola:

I know how to install a patch that will make the start button looks like that of windows 7 but all the same... I DISLIKE WINDOWS 8 WITH PASSION

It's so unfortunate, angry . I deliberately refused to upgrade to 8.1, my friend's already updated and it's looks really awesome. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

My Laptop Stop Booting / Please Help Me! / Laptop Battery Won't Power It Up, Even At 100%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.