Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Skin Bleaching......nigerian Women Has The World's Highest Percentage - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Skin Bleaching......nigerian Women Has The World's Highest Percentage (1036 Views)

Pela Tonye Okiemute: See What Bleaching Has Done To Him / Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching / Dangers Of Using Clobetasol Skin Bleaching Creams ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Skin Bleaching......nigerian Women Has The World's Highest Percentage by Slimmos(m): 12:45pm On Oct 24, 2013
SKIN BLEACHING: Nigerian Women Have The World’s Highest Percentage – WHO
The World Health Organisation, WHO, has said 77 percent of women in Nigeria use skin-lightening products, the world’s highest percentage. The figure compares with 59 percent in Togo, and 27 percent in Senegal.
The WHO report said the reasons for this are varied but most people said they use skin-lighteners because they want “white skin”.
WHO also said skin bleaching comes with hazardous health consequences. The dangers associated with the use of toxic compounds for skin bleaching include, blood cancers such as leukemia and cancers of the liver and kidneys, as well as severe skin conditions. It said hardcore bleachers use illegal ointments containing toxins like mercury, a metal that blocks production of melanin, which gives the skin its colour, but can also be toxic.
The report said in many parts of Africa, lighter-skinned women are considered more beautiful and believed to be more successful and likely to find marriage. It also said it is not only women who are obsessed with bleaching their skins. Some men too are involved in the practice.
An extreme case of skin bleaching is shown above
WHO investigation said lightening creams are not effectively regulated in Nigeria where even roadside vendors sell tubes and plastic bags of powders and ointments from cardboard boxes stacked along sidewalks in market districts. Many of the tubes are unlabelled as to their actual ingredients.
Qatar based Al Jazeera also reported that business is booming for shops selling skin-lightening products. A trader said, “About 90 percent of my clients come asking for skin whitening products,” adding “I sell it to them and give advice on what product is best for them and how to use them.”
Re: Skin Bleaching......nigerian Women Has The World's Highest Percentage by Gwekzy: 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2013
No be news
Re: Skin Bleaching......nigerian Women Has The World's Highest Percentage by jennylove7575(f): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
Slimmos is a prostitute patronizer he was born into ashewo. His mama is ashewo. Him and his
Father duped me on nl..slimmos emailed me and told me he want help to get out of of Nigeria to be free from the shackles of his disgraceful family. I felt pity for him and we started communicating. Not long I bought into his stories and started sending him some pounds.slimmos told me that there is a land available for sale in lekki which came cheap. Because of the trust I have for him I sent him £6000 pounds to purchase the land for me. Slimmos disappeared only for me to see him on nl....he is now calling me a prostitute to cover his crime...I am going to set up a blog on the internet and post all his pictures and our conversations there I will ensure the whole world and all the social network sees the face of a dupe. thank goodness i have your pictures...ha slimmos why?
Re: Skin Bleaching......nigerian Women Has The World's Highest Percentage by jennylove7575(f): 1:31pm On Aug 01, 2014
moses moses aka slimmos please I take God beg u.. You and your father should give me my money...plot of land I know see, money una carry go..u came to nl. Acting all innocent. My God is not asleep. Slimmos please refund my money..you and ur 419 father should refund my money. I did not pick the £6000 ffrom the street of London....you think u can eat money? Think again. I contacted your ashewo mama yesterday she said she haven't seen you nor your dad for long...keep your fake land I don't want it anymore just refund my money...barawo banza
Re: Skin Bleaching......nigerian Women Has The World's Highest Percentage by Slimmos(m): 3:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
jennylove7575: moses moses aka slimmos please I take God beg u.. You and your father should give me my money...plot of land I know see, money una carry go..u came to nl. Acting all innocent. My God is not asleep. Slimmos please refund my money..you and ur 419 father should refund my money. I did not pick the £6000 ffrom the street of London....you think u can eat money? Think again. I contacted your ashewo mama yesterday she said she haven't seen you nor your dad for long...keep your fake land I don't want it anymore just refund my money...barawo banza
only tb joshua can cure ur madness.. U are posses.. To much demon hav enter ur life through excess fucking stop prostitution
Re: Skin Bleaching......nigerian Women Has The World's Highest Percentage by jennylove7575(f): 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
Slimmos: only tb joshua can cure ur madness.. U are posses.. To much demon hav enter ur life through excess fucking stop prostitution
i dont care about all the silly things weh you dey vomit. you dey talk trash..na me and for for this nl. you and your papa must refund my money. 419 thief ole.moses moses aka slimmos please I take God beg u.. You and your father should give me my money...plot of land I know see, money una carry go..u came to nl. Acting all innocent. My God is not asleep. Slimmos please refund my money..you and ur 419 father should refund my money. I did not pick the £6000 ffrom the street of London....you think u can eat money? Think again. I contacted your ashewo mama yesterday she said she haven't seen you nor your dad for long...keep your fake land I don't want it anymore just refund my money...barawo banza
Re: Skin Bleaching......nigerian Women Has The World's Highest Percentage by jennylove7575(f): 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2014
i dont care about all the silly things weh you dey vomit. you dey talk trash..na me and for for this nl. you and your papa must refund my money. 419 thief ole.moses moses aka slimmos please I take God beg u.. You and your father should give me my money...plot of land I know see, money una carry go..u came to nl. Acting all innocent. My God is not asleep. Slimmos please refund my money..you and ur 419 father should refund my money. I did not pick the £6000 ffrom the street of London....you think u can eat money? Think again. I contacted your ashewo mama yesterday she said she haven't seen you nor your dad for long...keep your fake land I don't want it anymore just refund my money...barawo banza
Re: Skin Bleaching......nigerian Women Has The World's Highest Percentage by jennylove7575(f): 11:54am On Aug 02, 2014
for your information, mr oni said the land belong to the celestial church of christ. that it was never for sale. but your father whom you are now telling the whole world that is dead, presented the documents to me, convincing me that its a family inherited land. mr oni said the documents are fraud and he showed me the original certificate of ownwership...i respected i trusted your father because he is an elderly man..unless you are now telling me that the man you presented as a father isn't. you came into nl talking shitty stuffs, calling me names pretending you are an innocent boy. you lie. me JENNIFER BROWN will not let this matter go. head go roll. you people have bitten the fingers thats feeds you.
Re: Skin Bleaching......nigerian Women Has The World's Highest Percentage by jennylove7575(f): 8:05pm On Aug 02, 2014
Slimmos What do you mean you never see me (devil) from ages? If you claim not to know me how you take conclude say I be prostitute or HIV carrier? You don’t call people you have not met before fabricated names to tarnish their image. Secondly, your mother and sisters should not have been calling me on the phone every now and then to beg me. Your mother says na small pikin dey worry you make I forgive you. It will be difficult for me to forgive you. You have awoken the demon in me by duping me and still having the mouth to call me names on nairaland. Last year when I was returning to uk, slimmos, didn’t I give 200,000 naira? The phone weh you dey use so no be me give you? Dat yeye Johnson weh your mama dey sleep with, wetin the man dey do for una? U are here lying to 5naira say you don’t know me before. Moses na God go judge you and your father. Stop calling my phone, if you like hide your number I will never forgive you and your father. £6000 is 6000x 280=1m 680000 naira ( 1,680000naira). You and your papa na thieves and 419. You and your papa should pay me my 1,680000naira.

(1) (Reply)

7 Worst Foods You Should Never Eat For Breakfast / SHOCKING: Eight Persons Suspected To Have Contracted Ebola Virus Quarantined / New Ebola Case Confirmed In Lagos, Bringing The Number Of Victims To Ten.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.