Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

What Is Nigeria's Zip Code - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is Nigeria's Zip Code (2167 Views)

What Is Nigeria's Zip Code? Clear The Confusion Now! / What Is Nigeria's ZIP Code? / Nairaland Pls What's Nigeria Zip Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Nigeria's Zip Code by mysticgal(f): 4:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
i wanted to register some stuffs online and i was asked for zip code it was lipsrsealed,in my mind i was like zip code ni,button code ko,so am putting it to you forum,what is nigerias zip code and is it different from the +234 i know undecided
Re: What Is Nigeria's Zip Code by henryvirus(m): 4:36pm On Oct 24, 2013
it is 00176. Tz diffrnt frm +234. Goto 'nga.postcodebase.com' to get dat of ur local govt area. Op dt helps
Re: What Is Nigeria's Zip Code by mysticgal(f): 5:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
i am sure,some nigerians don't know this,thanks henry
Re: What Is Nigeria's Zip Code by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 24, 2013
mysticgal: i am sure,some nigerians don't know this,thanks henry
Few minutes ago, u were among d "some Nigerians" dat don't know dat.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Nigeria's Zip Code by henryvirus(m): 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2013
lol.....always glad 2 help
Re: What Is Nigeria's Zip Code by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 25, 2013
Re: What Is Nigeria's Zip Code by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 13, 2013
It depends on your street na, There's no single postcode for a country.....and 234 is not a postcode. This is NIPOST official portal where you can get the accurate postcode of where you are staying! cheers

http://www.nigeriapostcodes.com/
Re: What Is Nigeria's Zip Code by mysticgal(f): 7:26am On Dec 14, 2013
speedyboi: It depends on your street na, There's no single postcode for a country.....and 234 is not a postcode. This is NIPOST official portal where you can get the accurate postcode of where you are staying! cheers

http://www.nigeriapostcodes.com/

not postcodes dearie,zip.codes
Re: What Is Nigeria's Zip Code by mysticgal(f): 7:30am On Dec 14, 2013
ok i went to write SAT last saturday and i couldn't believe what the SAT officials said. They were like "nigeria does not have a zip code only white countries do have those codes" I was livid. So it really means that so many people don't know nigeria has a zip code undecided
Re: What Is Nigeria's Zip Code by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
mysticgal:

not postcodes dearie,zip.codes
they are the same! It's called zip code in united states, but is called post code in Nigeria.

Note: it's not the same thing as 'house number' oo
Re: What Is Nigeria's Zip Code by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
mysticgal: ok i went to write sat last saturday and i couldn't belive what the sat officials said,they were like "nigeria does not have a zip code only white countries do have those codes"i was livid which means somany peole don't know nigeria has a zip code undecided

shey na that one you see? there are so many things that Nigerians never bother to find out about their country or even their field of work(the professionals). Na just to open mouth and close it! Typical of Nigerians. Even mtn customer care service guy will give you a wrong info on a problem. Smh.
Re: What Is Nigeria's Zip Code by mysticgal(f): 9:30am On Dec 18, 2013
speedyboi:

shey na that one you see? there are so many things that Nigerians never bother to find out about their country or even their field of work(the professionals). Na just to open mouth and close it! Typical of Nigerians. Even mtn customer care service guy will give you a wrong info on a problem. Smh.

my dear,wetin my eyes go see again if not this one wey pin me cheesy
Re: What Is Nigeria's Zip Code by mysticgal(f): 9:31am On Dec 18, 2013
speedyboi:
they are the same! It's called zip code in united states, but is called post code in Nigeria.

Note: it's not the same thing as 'house number' oo

house number ok post code asin po.box
Re: What Is Nigeria's Zip Code by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 18, 2013
Re: What Is Nigeria's Zip Code by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 18, 2013
mysticgal:

house number ok post code asin po.box

NO! Post office box number is another thing entirely! It is used in place of house address (I'm sure you know this).....and you don't need a postcode for that.

But if you want house delivery and you enter your house address.......then post/zip code might be needed (its not really that compulsory in Nigerian websites, only when you are ordering from a foreign site).
The importance of zip/post code is just to be able to easily sort your parcels/letters to the appropriate group of 'streets' or 'districts' (if in abuja). That way, your letter/parcel will get to your house faster! Why I gave you the official link is because....the link that the guy gave you has wrong codes! How do I know? Most of the postcodes are the same and the code of my address given on the site is not correct. It's better not to write a postcode at all than to enter a wrong one.....It will lead to your parcel to be sorted wrongly. So instead of it getting to your house on time, it might end up taking months or it might get lost sef.
Re: What Is Nigeria's Zip Code by paragon40(m): 6:02pm On Jun 23, 2016
ok
Re: What Is Nigeria's Zip Code by mysticgal(f): 7:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
paragon40:
i don't know ..
undecided
Re: What Is Nigeria's Zip Code by paragon40(m): 8:29pm On Jun 23, 2016
Re: What Is Nigeria's Zip Code by mysticgal(f): 8:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
Re: What Is Nigeria's Zip Code by paragon40(m): 8:59pm On Jun 23, 2016
mysticgal:

Wow thanks.
lastly you need to unquote all your reply to me tru this thread..i.m sure when i rse thse issues pple will check your recent posts..

(1) (Reply)

M.O.D Ogugua! / Before You Use Your UBA Mastercard Online, Read This! / Update: Get & Enjoy MTN Free 2go 3GB Goodybag Bundle On Android & Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.