Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,304 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises (5709 Views)

Heavy Rainfall, Flooding, Malaria, Cholera Expected In Nigeria / Snakes Invade Communities In Plateau State, Attacks Many / Another Cholera Outbreak Hits Bayelsa State, Death Toll Now 36 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by Tolexander: 5:12pm On Oct 24, 2013
The Federal Government on Thursday expressed concern over the rising number of deaths arising from the Cholera outbreak in Namu village in Qua’pan Local Government Area of Plateau State.

The Deputy Director, Disease and Control, Federal Ministry of Health, Mr. Moses Anefiong, expressed the concern during a joint assessment tour of the affected area.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the number of deaths since the outbreak of the epidemic in the state has risen from eight to nine, while the number of people hospitalised jumped from the initial 61 to 86 persons.

He said, “In as much as government is doing all it can to provide potable water for its citizens, people on their parts should maintain personal hygiene. The Minister of Health is worried that people are still dying of cholera disease today. It is more worrisome as the number of casualties and infected persons are on the increase daily.

“As government is making efforts to provide potable water, people should not relegate the issue of personal hygiene to the background. All they need to always do is simple hand washing before eating, and after going to the toilet, and should also cover their foods against flies.

“Above all, the issue of sanitation must also be taken seriously by the people. These are simple things, but very important.”

orisun
Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by RuthBukola(f): 6:04pm On Oct 24, 2013
1st to comment 4 d 1st time..... olorun a wo ile Plateau san o.. And i pray God guide each and every1 of us.
Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by Obinnau(m): 6:07pm On Oct 24, 2013
I thought they said its in said it is in sokoto and lagos? how come it has spread so fast ?
Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by JECBOSS: 6:08pm On Oct 24, 2013
I'm also worried!
Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by Awakulowo1: 6:08pm On Oct 24, 2013
I can wager anything, Cholera started in Nigeria from the land of the dying sun, see how it is spreading nationwide.

1 Like

Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by nnocurruption: 6:08pm On Oct 24, 2013
[b][/b] They should stop deceiving themselves as if they care about the lives of Nigerians. Nigerians are dieing everyday as a result of bad road. A lot of Nigerians have already loss their lives because there are no good hospitals in Nigeria not to talk about the plan crashes and the constant killings in northern Nigeria. Back in the days of Tafawa Balewa our leaders had the interest of Nigerians at heart but now all they do is to embezzle money and pretend like they care.

Just look at Nigeria admission is so difficult graduating is so difficult getting a job is so difficult ASUU is on strike doctors are on strike and those fat rusted old men with pregnant stomach pretend as if they care about the health/lives of Nigerians.

Just a thought; has it ever occurred to you that those numbers you see like BOKO HARAM KILL "42" SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS are actually 42 people not animals and the federal government act as if everything is ok sad talking about cholera as if they truly care hypocrites.

13 Likes

Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by lingy: 6:10pm On Oct 24, 2013
Hehe. Can't b'liv it. Second.
Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by gboso1ne(m): 6:11pm On Oct 24, 2013
Tolexander:

orisun
k
Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 24, 2013
Almost all these diseases coming from the north can be attributed to low hygeine.
Most of them in the rural areas are stinking dirty fellows.

Eww.and they keep spreading diseases to other regions.

1 Like

Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by dammytosh: 6:17pm On Oct 24, 2013
We still battle with controlling useless diseases like Cholera and some fools are justifying the purchase of 225 million naira worth vehicles that it followed due process.

Peeps with bastardized mindset after years of political abuses.

6 Likes

Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by Awakulowo1: 6:20pm On Oct 24, 2013
lorretta u: Almost all these diseases coming from the north can be attributed to los hygeine.
Most of them in the rural areas are stinking dirty fellows.

Eww.and they keep spreading diseases to other regions.

This is a pure lie, we all know that cholera originated from the land of the dying sun.
Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by Tolexander: 6:20pm On Oct 24, 2013
Obinnau: I thought they said its in said it is in sokoto and lagos?
intentionally posted the thread to shame those politicizing the cholera issue telling us it only ravages the APC states instead of seeing it as a general issue that shouldn't be held with levity.

1 Like

Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 24, 2013
chidindufrank: They vowed never to put this on front page. https://www.nairaland.com/1491238/bankers-stay-prison-over-n200m#19064586 My question is why? Nawa o yoruba crimes no dey eva mek front page?
my guy, i tire oooo
Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by Lilaex: 6:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
•Twist ur tongue if fun try it=> Three Swedish switched witches watch three Swiss Swatch watches switches. Which Swedish switched witch watch which Swiss Swatch watch witch?..... Seven sleazy shysters in sharkskin suits sold sheared sealskins to seasick sailors....

2 Likes

Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by steffans(m): 6:35pm On Oct 24, 2013
Either ways... Govt still Fvcks us alll

1 Like

Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by ayusco85(m): 6:35pm On Oct 24, 2013
Choi. Cholera at this time when nigeria is broke? This bad news gan
Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by Influence01: 6:37pm On Oct 24, 2013
Sure these are the signs o! Death toll rising,all sorts of diseases End is Near.
Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by alons: 6:40pm On Oct 24, 2013
God i and my family are in ur able hands###############
Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by comrChris(m): 6:41pm On Oct 24, 2013
this issue of cholera is becoming more scary oo govt should better do something b4 it becomes a national cake
Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by comrChris(m): 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2013
[quote
author=dammytosh]We still battle with controlling useless diseases like
Cholera and some fools are justifying the purchase of 225 million naira
worth vehicles that it followed due process.

Peeps with bastardized mindset after years of political abuses.[/quote]#### are u sure u r ok?or better still r u suffering from brain cancer?'''''''''justasking''''
Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by Brimmie(m): 6:49pm On Oct 24, 2013
Hmmmmn Awodman.. Whr Dafuq Are U!?? undecided
Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by Tolexander: 6:53pm On Oct 24, 2013
Brimmie: Hmmmmn Awodman.. Whr Dafuq Are U!?? undecided
i actually posted the thread cos of him.
Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by 80million1: 6:59pm On Oct 24, 2013
God help!
My prayers are with you folks!
Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by 80million1: 7:01pm On Oct 24, 2013
Lilaex: •Twist ur tongue if fun try it=> Three Swedish switched witches watch three Swiss Swatch watches switches. Which Swedish switched witch watch which Swiss Swatch watch witch?..... Seven sleazy shysters in sharkskin suits sold sheared sealskins to seasick sailors....
What is this one saying?
Please, try again later!

1 Like

Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by spade: 7:10pm On Oct 24, 2013
Awakulowo1: I can wager anything, Cholera started in Nigeria from the land of the dying sun, see how it is spreading nationwide.

Then could you be kind enough to explain why there are no instances of the disease in this aforementioned place, but in the West and the North?
Cholera is mostly caused by poor food hygiene and filthy lifestyles of dirty-asss iddiots; and we know the regions we can find such people in large supply.

2 Likes

Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by dungdusugyang(m): 7:46pm On Oct 24, 2013
@OP " Quan'pan."
Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by Tolexander: 7:48pm On Oct 24, 2013
dung dusu gyang: @OP " Quan'pan."
meaning??
Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by nerodenero: 7:49pm On Oct 24, 2013
Tolexander: “As government is making efforts to provide potable water, people should not relegate the issue of personal hygiene to the background.
How portable is the water when people don't have access to it. When government fail in their promises and in particular their responsibilities, the masses are worst hit. RIP to the dead.
Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by danot1030: 7:58pm On Oct 24, 2013
@ awodman n his who stil feeds frm feedin bottle shul go n hide under his mother's bed nw dat it is comfirmd dat epidemic like cholera is nt a political tin as his small brain tot.
Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by phil5(m): 8:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
nnocurruption: [b][/b] They should stop deceiving themselves as if they care about the lives of Nigerians. Nigerians are dieing everyday as a result of bad road. A lot of Nigerians have already loss their lives because there are no good hospitals in Nigeria not to talk about the plan crashes and the constant killings in northern Nigeria. Back in the days of Tafawa Balewa our leaders had the interest of Nigerians at heart but now all they do is to embezzle money and pretend like they care.

Just look at Nigeria admission is so difficult graduating is so difficult getting a job is so difficult ASUU is on strike doctors are on strike and those fat rusted old men with pregnant stomach pretend as if they care about the health/lives of Nigerians.

Just a thought; has it ever occurred to you that those numbers you see like BOKO HARAM KILL "42" SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS are actually 42 people not animals and the federal government act as if everything is ok sad talking about cholera as if they truly care hypocrites.
I kw what u are talking about cause I reside in the north 4 nw,people don't kw hw it feels to dress up and go out scared like a child,u don't kw ur fate each day if u are gonna make it. U might be in the market and all u see is people running 4 their lives and if not lucky u might be counted. Killings like were cows are butchered in the abattoir .bro its terrible
Re: Cholera Death Toll In Plateau Rises by Awakulowo1: 8:43pm On Oct 24, 2013
spade:

Then could you be kind enough to explain why there are no instances of the disease in this aforementioned place, but in the West and the North?
Cholera is mostly caused by poor food hygiene and filthy lifestyles of dirty-asss iddiots; and we know the regions we can find such people in large supply.

You exported it to other régions, You all deserted the jungle in search of greener pasture in SW and North.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nivea Natural Fairness Review / Katsina Confirms First Monkeypox Case / Simple Test For Detecting Vagina Looseness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.