Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja (2892 Views)

Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) / SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate / Jonathan's SURE-P Is A Drain Pipe On Nigeria's Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
You be real village boy! Chei, event foreigners in Nigeria know that dualization of the Abuja-Lokoja way was awarded in two phases, with phase one handled byAbout 7 different construction companies and phase two was rewarded during yar'dua's regime! Even as far back as 2011when I shuttled that route almost every two weeks, works was heaven between Lokoja town towards Abuja and From gwagwalada towards Lokoja.

The devil is here again talking about the Yar Adua regime that ended in May 2010. We'r now in 2013 and those who use that road frequently appreciate the magnitude of work that has gone into that road in the last 3 years.

By the way, the contract cost of the entire road at the moment is N116 billion. Although the road was awarded in 2006, work actually started in 2007 with N7.5 billion. In 2008 no work was done on the road as there was no budgetary provision for it that year. In 2009, work was done with N8 billion. So in total, prior to 2010, only N13.5 billion worth of work was done on that road.
http://www.nigeriapolitico.net/news1/2093-abuja-abaji-lokoja-road-dualization-project-almost-stalled-by-poor-funding-fmw-clarifies-review-rates-and-augmentation.html

Now minus N13.5 billion from N116 billion. And the project is expected to be completed in 2014. That means about N103 billion worth of work would have be done between 2010 and 2014 to complete the road.

6 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by OmoTier1(m): 11:03pm On Dec 24, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
The devil is here again talking about the Yar Adua regime that ended in May 2010. We'r now in 2013 and those who use that road frequently appreciate the magnitude of work that has gone into that road in the last 3 years.

By the way, the contract cost of the entire road at the moment is N116 billion. Although the road was awarded in 2006, work actually started in 2007 with N7.5 billion. In 2008 no work was done on the road as there was no budgetary provision for it that year. In 2009, work was done with N8 billion. So in total, prior to 2010, only N13.5 billion worth of work was done on that road.
http://www.nigeriapolitico.net/news1/2093-abuja-abaji-lokoja-road-dualization-project-almost-stalled-by-poor-funding-fmw-clarifies-review-rates-and-augmentation.html

Now minus N13.5 billion from N116 billion. And the project is expected to be completed in 2014. That means about N103 billion worth of work would have be done between 2010 and 2014 to complete the road.
Very stu.pid response indeed. I will not grace you with a reply as everyone knows you are an epitome of falsehood...
Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by fabulous4u: 12:16am On Dec 25, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Very stu.pid response indeed. I will not grace you with a reply as everyone knows you are an epitome of falsehood...
perfect response to avoid been intellectually bullied
gej till 2015

7 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by kingbang: 1:08am On Dec 25, 2013
You won't find enemies of progress like Agbamental,demdem and co on this thread! Too bad! GEJ till 2019!
Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by teskyg: 8:41am On Dec 25, 2013
To be honest,GEJ is working.I travelled to one of the Middle Belt state yesterday and was amazed @ the level of road construction.Sadly enough,his good work never made it to front page of newspaper controlled by some selfish tribe.I chat with a Federal Pensioner uncle and he told me his pension is regular.The power of light is greater than darkness(APC).Ameachi,OBJ,Tinubu,Buhari,Kwankaso and fellow demonic E-Rats,woe unto you and your family if you continue to sabotage the good work of this God- sent Leader.

1 Like

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by Turbocharged: 9:08am On Dec 25, 2013
nwanna89:

Speak english...

I wonder oo.
Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by jmaine: 9:11am On Dec 25, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Is that all ? grin

6 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by taharqa: 10:56am On Dec 25, 2013
Have everybody noticed how vastly improved most of those terrible federal roads now are?? Every person I asked about their Xmas travelling this year have said d same tin. Everyone of them. It is not exclusive to this Abuja-Lokoja Rd alone (even though as sm persons hv said here, smtin close to a 'miracle' have happened on that road esp since d floods of 2012)....
Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by asha80(m): 11:03am On Dec 25, 2013
taharqa: Have everybody noticed how vastly improved most of those terrible federal roads now are?? Every person I asked about their Xmas travelling this year have said d same tin. Everyone of them. It is not exclusive to this Abuja-Lokoja Rd alone (even though as sm persons hv said here, smtin close to a 'miracle' have happened on that road esp since d floods of 2012)....
not sure much change has occured in enugu onitsha highway.
Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by agabaI23(m): 2:48pm On Dec 25, 2013
asha 80: not sure much change has occured in enugu onitsha highway.
Enugu Onitsha is still begging for help however about a week ago, a huge load of construction equipment were dumped at Arroma after govt house.

There are many alternative routes inside Anambra and from Aguoka most motorist go by old road which is clean till 9th milè. Enugu Abakaliki is nearing completion. Abakaliki-Ogoja na sleeping mat mostly.

1 Like

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by asha80(m): 3:11pm On Dec 25, 2013
agabaI23: Enugu Onitsha is still beggong for help however about a week ago, a huge load of construction equipment were dumped at Arroma after govt house.

There are many alternative routes inside Anambra and from Aguoka most motorist go by old road which is clean till 9th milè. Enugu Abakaliki is nearing completion. Abakaliki-Ogoja na sleeping mat mostly.
the construction equipment you see dropped at arroma junction i am sure has to do with anambra state government that has secured the permission to do the amawbia to amansea end of the highway...it was on the news someweeks ago....the umunya to amawbia end construction by the fg is still slow.
Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by OmoTier1(m): 3:26pm On Dec 25, 2013
jmaine:

Is that all ? grin
You ignoble social rascals and disgruntled elements still think sane Nigerians have time for your falsehood. My only prayer for you all is may your mothers or unborn child not be a victim of your falsehood, and may your soul not end up being damned!
Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by OmoTier1(m): 3:28pm On Dec 25, 2013
fabulous4u:
perfect response to avoid been intellectually bullied
gej till 2015
I really hope you borrow the brain of the Christmas goat before it is slaughtered so you have something to reason with. A very shallow mind, accursed from the womb with a snared mind
Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by jmaine: 3:36pm On Dec 25, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
You ignoble social rascals and disgruntled elements still think sane Nigerians have time for your falsehood. My only prayer for you all is may your mothers or unborn child not be a victim of your falsehood, and may your soul not end up being damned!

You are such a shameless demon, pontificating when you were caught pants down lying and distorting facts

Direct your prayers to your self and family.

3 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by OmoTier1(m): 3:45pm On Dec 25, 2013
jmaine:

You are such a shameless demon, pontificating when you were caught pants down lying and distorting facts

Direct your prayers to your self and family.
Ignoble slack! Tell me which facts I distorted? Is it not true that the Abuja-Lokoja dualization was awarded firstly during Obasanjo regime, later revisited during Yar'dua's regime?

Was it not the criminal and corrupt ridden government of Janathan that jacked up the cost from N44bn to N116bn in the name of contract review and engineering redesign without due process being followed?

I clearly stated that when I toured that road in 2011, the road from Lokoja town was not where near completion, and from gwagwalada axis towards Lokoja was only been cleared of the trees and rocks, which was contrary to the op claim that the work had progressed rapidly I the last three years.

Like I said, those prayers remain for your likes and I hope when the stones start falling you will remember where it came from and whose hands caused it.
Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by jmaine: 3:52pm On Dec 25, 2013
Omo_Tier1: [s]
Ignoble slack! Tell me which facts I distorted? Is it not true that the Abuja-Lokoja dualization was awarded firstly during Obasanjo regime, later revisited during Yar'dua's regime?

Was it not the criminal and corrupt ridden government of Janathan that jacked up the cost from N44bn to N116bn in the name of contract review and engineering redesign without due process being followed?

I clearly stated that when I toured that road in 2011, the road from Lokoja town was not where near completion, and from gwagwalada axis towards Lokoja was only been cleared of the trees and rocks, which was contrary to the op claim that the work had progressed rapidly I the last three years.

Like I said, those prayers remain for your likes and I hope when the stones start falling you will know where it came from and whose hands caused it[/s]

Shove your hateful distortions deep down your azz where the sun doesn't shine.

The OP gave you irrefutable progress report with personal pictures, but you are demonically trying to infuse rubbish that was quickly punctured and incinerated by Sincere 9gerian.

May your family not suffer the consequences of your self inflicting prayers.

Amen . . .

2 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by OmoTier1(m): 4:11pm On Dec 25, 2013
jmaine:

Shove your hateful distortions deep down your azz where the sun doesn't shine.

The OP gave you irrefutable progress report with personal pictures, but you are demonically trying to infuse rubbish that was quickly punctured and incinerated by Sincere 9gerian.

May your family not suffer the consequences of your self inflicting prayers.

Amen . . .
It is obvious you are going senile! If you have proof, why not show us the pictures of the Lokoja town axis of that road in 2011 and what it is now?

Like I said, the section from Abuja to gwagwalada had received attention up to the airport road junction where fly over bridge were being constructed at the time. Beyond that, little was being done. I stand by my statement.

Those prayers still remain,can't they would soon start raining for you!
Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by jmaine: 4:22pm On Dec 25, 2013
Omo_Tier1: [s]
It is obvious you are going senile! If you have proof, why not show us the pictures of the Lokoja town axis of that road in 2011 and what it is now?

Like I said, the section from Abuja to gwagwalada had received attention up to the airport road junction where fly over bridge were being constructed at the time. Beyond that, little was being done. I stand by my statement.

Those prayers still remain,can't they would soon start raining for you![/s]

I should show you proof when the OP has backed his thread with proofs. Why not show this proof, offcourse it only exist in your bile filled heart

Your prayers will start raining and manifesting on your head sooner than expected. Amen.

Nigerians are better off without demonic folks like you who would rather die than see this country progress, cos of an inbuilt bitterness for a man.

Keep standing by your bitterness which may lead to your early demise. I pity you
Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by agabaI23(m): 7:21pm On Dec 25, 2013
asha 80: the construction equipment you see dropped at arroma junction i am sure has to do with anambra state government that has secured the permission to do the amawbia to amansea end of the highway...it was on the news someweeks ago....the umunya to amawbia end construction by the fg is still slow.
Oh I missed that. Thanks for the info
Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by fabulous4u: 8:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
I really hope you borrow the brain of the Christmas goat before it is slaughtered so you have something to reason with. A very shallow mind, accursed from the womb with a snared mind
when the wise talk everybody listens but when a fool talks he listens to himself .
thnx 4 d invitation to be an APC e-goat but I rather stick with a winning team
#team fresh air till 2015

2 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by agabaI23(m): 8:43pm On Dec 27, 2013
I hereby declare that this thread shall not die!!!!!

The roads are getting smoother under GEJ!!!
Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by asha80(m): 9:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
agabaI23: I hereby declare that this thread shall not die!!!!!

The roads are getting smoother under GEJ!!!
where and where did you ply?
Re: Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja by agabaI23(m): 12:32am On Dec 28, 2013
asha 80: where and where did you ply?
Check my earlier posts bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Rebels Of All Time / Akpos Joke On Buhari's Credentials / Video Against Rotimi Amaechi Currently Airing On Ait

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.