Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

The 8 Secrets Of Success - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The 8 Secrets Of Success (944 Views)

6 Secrets Your Boss Doesn’t Want You To Know / The 8 Things You Need To Stop Doing If You Want To Be Successful / Workforce Aptittude Test Invite On The 8/9th Of Aug 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 8 Secrets Of Success by Google63(m): 8:06pm On Oct 24, 2013
I watched a TED video, and I felt I should transcribe it for Nairalanders to read. It is titled the Secret of Success. After 7 years and 500 Interviews. The Speaker collated 8 very important secrets of success... They include;
PASSION: Freeman Thomas(Car designer) said ''I'm driven by my passion''. Do it for love, not for the money.
WORK: Rupert Murdock (Big Cheese CEO) said ''Its all hardwork. Nothing comes easily. But I have a lot of fun''
GOOD: Alex Garden (game developer) said '' To be successful, put your nose down in something and get damn good at it'' There's no magic, its practice, practice, practice.
FOCUS: Norman Jewison (film maker) said '' I think it all has to do with focusing yourself on one thing''
Re: The 8 Secrets Of Success by Google63(m): 8:25pm On Oct 24, 2013
PUSH: David Galla (Marine Scientist) said ''Push yourself physically, mentally, you gotta push, push, push''. You have to push through shyness and self doubt.
SERVE: Sherwin Nuland (Professor of Surgery Yale) said '' It was a privilege to serve as a doctor''. Millionaires serve others something of value.
IDEAS: Bill Gates (Software guy) said I had an idea founding the first microcomputer software company''. There's no magic to creativity,It is Listen, Observe, Be Curious, Ask Questions, Solve Problems and Make Connections.
PERSIST: Joe Kraus (Co founder Excite) said '' Persistence is the number one reason for our success''. You have to persist through failure, You have to persist through CRAP, which ofcourse means Criticism, Rejection, Assholes, and Pressure.

1 Like

Re: The 8 Secrets Of Success by Sleemzy3(f): 8:37pm On Oct 24, 2013
This is interesting! O.P thanks alot for this!
Re: The 8 Secrets Of Success by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 25, 2013
Google63: PUSH: David Galla (Marine Scientist) said ''Push yourself physically, mentally, you gotta push, push, push''. You have to push through shyness and self doubt.
SERVE: Sherwin Nuland (Professor of Surgery Yale) said '' It was a privilege to serve as a doctor''. Millionaires serve others something of value.
IDEAS: Bill Gates (Software guy) said I had an idea founding the first microcomputer software company''. There's no magic to creativity,It is Listen, Observe, Be Curious, Ask Questions, Solve Problems and Make Connections.
PERSIST: Joe Kraus (Co founder Excite) said '' Persistence is the number one reason for our success''. You have to persist through failure, You have to persist through CRAP, which ofcourse means Criticism, Rejection, Assholes, and Pressure.
this is cool, frontpage tins

(1) (Reply)

Petrel Training / . / A Trick To Help Your Linkeldln Profile Be Seen More By Employers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.