Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,948 members, 7,835,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station (1497 Views)

Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Church, Kill Six / Boko Haram Attacks Yobe School, Three Students Killed, 20 Injured / Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Barracks, Nigerian Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by Codedrock(m): 7:22am On Oct 25, 2013
Some members of the Boko Haram Islamic sect on Thursday launched a ferocious attack on the Misebiri Police Station, ‘B’ Division, Damaturu, the Yobe State Capital.
Investigations revealed that the Boko Haram members gained access to the police station through the bush surrounding the city.
Unconfirmed source said the attack led to the death of some people on both sides.
A military source said majority of those killed were Boko Haram members.
It was learnt that the insurgents avoided the military base at the entrance into Damaturu from Borno and three other military checkpoints along the Damaturu-Maiduguri Highway by passing through bush parts to carry out the attack, which was still going on as at the time of filing this report (9.35pm).
It was further learnt that the Boko Haram members had made several attempts to penetrate the Yobe State capital, Damaturu, but were frustrated by the Special Forces.
A source, who confided in our correspondent, said that the gun battle between the combined team of the police and troops of the Nigerian Army started at about 6.30pm and was still on as at 9.35pm.
The attack took security operatives by surprise as they were not expecting the insurgents to attack the police station which had not witnessed such an attack before.
It was learnt that security operatives were kept on their toes and were scampering to defend the various formations within the city.
A source said that heavy artillery fire was heard in the fighting between the insurgents and the Special Forces.
As at 9.35pm, security sources said that the insurgents were still engaging troops and the police in a shootout.
When our correspondent contacted the spokesman of the Joint Task Force in Yobe, Lt. Lazarus Eli, he said that he did not have details of the attack.
He said that he was waiting to get the details from those who went for the operation before responding to inquiries from journalists.
However, he said that the incident occurred by NNPC Mega Station by Red Bricks and not inside Damaturu town.
He said that he was not aware of the attack on the said police station but could only speak when he had been briefed by those who went for the operation.
“I don’t have details, our troops are not back yet, I am waiting to get details before I can speak on this issue to anybody.
“This incident occurred at the outskirt, Boko Haram members have not entered Damaturu now, I think it happened by the mega station, by Red Bricks.
“Unless I have information from the troops who went there, I cannot comment on it,” he said.
http://www.nigerianeye.com/2013/10/many-feared-dead-as-boko-haram-attacks.html?m=1
Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 25, 2013
Sons of Dogs... I am sure most of those canines cannot even spell their name... The only thing they are gud at is clutching rifles and charging lyk rams...
Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by Willybos(m): 7:47am On Oct 25, 2013
Hmmm ok we're still waiting 4 ur comment
Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by lincolnj88: 7:55am On Oct 25, 2013
hmmmm........true and undiluted legacy of mohamad....leta some people wil say they are gej boys, odas wil say israeli bombed watchtower meaning osama bin laden is an israeli. Some wil say al qaeda is the usa cia,but let me tel u d truth, a true terorist is d one dat follow d teaching of mohd

1 Like

Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by Tolexander: 8:11am On Oct 25, 2013
These SoBs again!
Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by Codedrock(m): 11:15am On Oct 25, 2013
njokusboy: Sons of Dogs... I am sure most of those canines cannot even spell their name... The only thing they are gud at is clutching rifles and charging lyk rams...

take it easy bro
Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by iterator25: 11:20am On Oct 25, 2013
some peeps ain't scared of bullets sad
Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 25, 2013
Boko haram case don tire me. By the way why put a closed thread on FP?
Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 25, 2013
Muslims are not happy!

They're not happy in Gaza.
They're not happy in Egypt.
They're not happy in Libya.
They're not happy in Morocco.
They're not happy in Iran.
They're not happy in Iraq.
They're not happy in Yemen.
They're not happy in Afghanistan.
They're not happy in Syria.
In Lebanon the're not happy.

So, where are they happy?.

They're happy in Australia.
They're happy in England.
They're happy in France.
They're happy in Sweden.
They're happy in Norway.
They're happy in USA.
They're happy in every country that is not Islamic!

And who do they blame? Not Islam. Not their leadership. Not themselves. THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN! AND THEY WANT TO CHANGE THEM TO BE LIKE THE COUNTRY THEY CAME FROM, WHERE THEY WERE SO UNHAPPY.

8 Likes

Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
Spinless bastárds!!. Bloody móronic imbéciles wasting innocent lives beaucse their god promised them virgins!!.

Fools that hate westernization yet, they use youtube to upload their crimes/claims to genocides. They drive western cars. Live in western houses. Use western weapons to kills innocent civilians. Confused rètarded hypocrites!!. Preaching against a notion they use in their everyday lives.

Schizophrenic brain dead ídiots angry
Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 25, 2013
shocked this is sad hmmm!
I hope it's not the police station that 13VOLTS put a pic of in his thread and said was the only police station in Yobe state that had never been attacked by insurgents.

If the station in question was the one mentioned in 13volts thread' then all i can say is there is a bokoharam spy on NL or they just felt like touching the station since it was the only station that had never been attacked.
I hope i am wrong though.

2 Likes

Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by Livinusc(m): 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
May God continue to protect his people from dis barberic animals.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by chaloner(m): 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2013
What can I say ? Giving Islam bad name ....... Who can convince me now to enter Islam ? Pls muslems do smtin to ur pple .......... pen is mightier than a sword
Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by IAMBREEZY: 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2013
May God help us all.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by akereconfi: 12:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
Tired of making comment on Boko Issue
Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by Osama10(m): 1:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
carujmonella: Muslims are not happy!

They're not happy in Gaza.
They're not happy in Egypt.
They're not happy in Libya.
They're not happy in Morocco.
They're not happy in Iran.
They're not happy in Iraq.
They're not happy in Yemen.
They're not happy in Afghanistan.
They're not happy in Syria.
In Lebanon the're not happy.

So, where are they happy?.

They're happy in Australia.
They're happy in England.
They're happy in France.
They're happy in Sweden.
They're happy in Norway.
They're happy in USA.
They're happy in every country that is not Islamic!

And who do they blame? Not Islam. Not their leadership. Not themselves. THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN! AND THEY WANT TO CHANGE THEM TO BE LIKE THE COUNTRY THEY CAME FROM, WHERE THEY WERE SO UNHAPPY.

So true.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by donconior: 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
sick country with sick leadership
Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by phil5(m): 1:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
Na wa ooo,when will all this stop ehh aint they tired yet? I wish Muslims never existed
Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by adepojuot: 1:18pm On Oct 25, 2013
carujmonella: Spinless bastárds!!. Bloody móronic imbéciles wasting innocent lives beaucse their god promised them virgins!!.

Fools that hate westernization yet, they use youtube to upload their crimes/claims to genocides. They drive western cars. Live in western houses. Use western weapons to kills innocent civilians. Confused rètarded hypocrites!!. Preaching against a notion they use in their everyday lives.

Schizophrenic brain dead ídiots angry
Bros take it easy,Na Bros Muhammed teachings course am.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by Donsammi(m): 1:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
Cutejay: shocked this is sad hmmm!
I hope it's not the police station that 13VOLTS put a pic of in his thread and said was the only police station in Yobe state that had never been attacked by insurgents.

If the station in question was the one mentioned in 13volts thread' then all i can say is there is a bokoharam spy on NL or they just felt like touching the station since it was the only station that had never been attacked.
it can be the station that 13volts posted about!!
Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 25, 2013

Unfortunately, it is the same mobile police force base, Damaturu.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by Pasca07: 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
Lol njokusboy, u be one funny guy with your statement by saying everybody hate everybody,everybody hate themselves and dis country don tire u lol, i thought some peeps on nairaland says nigeria is better than USA?or am i missing something here?
Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by kokosheen(m): 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2013

Reading the original post brought this thought to my mind too.

so sad that another poster confirmed it.

1 Like

Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by Osama10(m): 3:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
Presently in Port Harcourt you see Policemen mounting illegal check points and demanding all sort of papers, those Policemen should be drafted to Yobe/Borno states were their services are needed the most.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by sambas: 4:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
Osama10: Presently in Port Harcourt you see Policemen mounting illegal check points and demanding all sort of papers, those Policemen should be drafted to Yobe/Borno states were their services are needed the most.
kai bro Your head dey there, come and see the way they were acting super hero this morning. I.G of police if you are reading this, There are some super hero policemen in port Harcourt... Post them to yobe and boko haram will be a thing of the past.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Police Station by Osama10(m): 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
sambas: kai bro Your head dey there, come and see the way they were acting super hero this morning. I.G of police if you are reading this, There are some super hero policemen in port Harcourt... Post them to yobe and boko haram will be a thing of the past.

Seriously they need immediate redeployment there, we need to take out bokoharam. grin

(1) (Reply)

We’ll Take-over Lagos; Reclaim South West From APC –tukur / Why We’re Opposed To State For S-east —northern Delegates / Passenger Mistakenly Linked With Boko Haram At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.