Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,392 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Should A Christian Fear Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Christian Fear Hell? (469 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Do You Fear Hell ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should A Christian Fear Hell? by savcy(m): 7:40am On Oct 25, 2013
GoodMorning all.

All through last night I was all over the internet reading christian texts and articles on select random topics. Then I logged onto www.christiancourier.com(one of my best) to get their views on a topic. Usually there are links to other topical issues right underneath every discussed passage. So after reading I scrolled down to get a glimpse of those topics,when I stumbled on a topic that read: ''eternal punishment[in hell]-Justified or not?''.. I clicked &read and,though I have been reading 'hell' articles before now,I was very impressed with this text,somuch so that a sudden [righteous]dread[for hell],for the first time in a long while, came over me. The writer's delivery and explanations got me, to the point where I began to think that probably it is of necessity that Christians should entertain a measure dread for hell to deter them[us] from going astray in life. The writer was able to elucidate in plain English what hell is and the intensity of punishment that awaits people who go there. It was amazing.

Right now am starting to doubt those who think the dread of hell shouldn't motivate one to seek God, I think it should. The consequences of dying in Sin is too damning,muchmore than we can ever phanthom. Or am I wrong? Whats your take christians?

(1) (Reply)

Not Having Offering, Can It Prevent You Not Going To Church? / David Did Not Kill Goliath / Have You Praised God This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.