Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Photo: Nigeria Police Officer Urinates On Governor Rochas Okorocha's Structure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo: Nigeria Police Officer Urinates On Governor Rochas Okorocha's Structure (858 Views)

12 Of 24 Kebbi Lawmakers Serve Impeachment Notice On Governor Dakingari / What Is Governor Rochas Building? (pics) / Governor Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shoki At APC Rally In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Nigeria Police Officer Urinates On Governor Rochas Okorocha's Structure by Ckariam: 9:52am On Oct 25, 2013
Wonders will never seize to occur in this our nation Nigeria. Do you remember the time of 'War against Indiscipline'? It was a taboo for anyone to misbehave in public or create funny scenes like urinating on the road, littering the street and so many other social misconduct. In those days if you are caught engaging in any act of indiscipline, you will face the full rigors of the law.
Sometime ago a new Facebook page emerged from Owerri called refined people, actually here is their link: https://www.facebook.com/RefinedPeople. One of the issues that sparked serious debate was this-
"Ever wonder why some "educated" "graduates" and "intelligent" people still urinate along roads, instead of controling their system and looking for an appropriate place ?
They were truly under-educated!!
Which category do you fall into?"

This was my response to that concern "Two things: 1. Emergency! It is more appropriate to urinate on the side of the road than pee on your pants during critical moments.
2. Lack of public urinals: Many places lack basic amenities like urinals, the call of Nature must be answered by politicians first by providing public urinals so that when it calls, their citizens can gladly respond in the right place".
That response given on the 14th of November is still applicable today. However the thing that I did not really think about when that concern was raised on that platform was how serious was the issue?
Imo state Governor Rochas Okorocha has built certain structures in Owerri, some of the towers are quite confusing as to the purpose but despite that fact it will never serve as a urinal for both civilian and police. It may look like one to some but the location of this structure, very close to Rockview hotel Owerri, and Imo Government house explains it all.
The view of this misconduct by the police officer is in a strategic location, the popular Wetheral round about, anyone within the location at the time of action will see the traffic officer urinating comfortably, school children can also learn from his bad example, is he not the one suppose to at least maintain law and order in the road committing the act.
The plight of this Nigerian police officer during moments of emergency will not justify the act, but in a situation where there is no public urinals in areas to help the urgency of nature, one may be left with no option to patronize the walls and towers built by Owelle Rochas for the beautification of the state.
Another point worth mentioning here even though I will treat at another point extensively is the approach of Owerri capital development authority popularly known as OCDA, in demolishing structures. I wonder why this government body is more interested in destruction than in building. Yes, they can defend their position that illegal structure must be eliminated, no problem but why don't they equally exercise same strength in building public urinals? The Owerri master plan may be a classified document privy to few, but the majority of us have not seen it, my only question is this: Does not that Master plan have provision for public urinals?.
If yes implement it, if No! Then use the same government power to alter or modify a master plan to achieve the civility of Imo people. Development is useless when it excludes human development, and this aspect I feel the OCDA group lack because even their approach is militant.
A time will come when our people will go to public places like fast food, banks, and even hotels just to patronize their rest room instead of their core service. Companies can as part of their social corporate responsibility provide at vintage points a urinal for the people. A small token can be charged for maintenance. There is also the opportunity for an entrepreneur to invest in public urinals since everyone is imitating and not being innovative.
Finally the Nigeria Police Force should train their officers on how to conduct themselves in public. It will be easy for one called to ensure law and order to be effective if indeed the person is keeping the law. Also those found guilty of embarrassing the Nigeria Police must be brought to book. I understand that the current commissioner of Police in Owerri is not a corrupt person and I hope he remains like that.

Source: Chuks Ineh- http://www.chuksineh.com/

Re: Photo: Nigeria Police Officer Urinates On Governor Rochas Okorocha's Structure by Shollyps(m): 9:58am On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Photo: Nigeria Police Officer Urinates On Governor Rochas Okorocha's Structure by Tapout(m): 10:05am On Oct 25, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Not Everyone In APC Is An Angel,not Everybody In PDP Is A Devil –oshiomhole / Catholic Priest Arrested After ‘threatening Church Members With Guns’ In Imo / The Day Mandela Came To Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.