Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,944 members, 7,828,312 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Different Levels, Different Subjects, Different Teachers – Same Lesson. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Different Levels, Different Subjects, Different Teachers – Same Lesson. (458 Views)

What Can You Eat To Control Blood Sugar Levels? (no Medicen)? / Kanazawa's Study On Black Women Having Higher Testosterone Levels Is Incorrect? / My Cholesterol Levels Are Too High: I Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Different Levels, Different Subjects, Different Teachers – Same Lesson. by YemisiDebi(f): 11:50am On Oct 25, 2013
DIFFERENT LEVELS, DIFFERENT SUBJECTS, DIFFERENT TEACHERS – SAME LESSON.

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” ― Leo Buscaglia

I was taught the care of the eyes, nose, ears, skin and teeth in my primary school. I remember my attempts at drawing the eyes, teeth as a primary school pupil.

The care of the eyes, nose, ears, teeth and skin also formed part of the Junior Secondary School Curriculum – in subjects like Integrated Science, Home Economics.

My Biology Teacher in Senoir Secondary School took it further by explaining in details the working mechanism of each Sense Organ.

My Chaplain (at the University) in one of his sermon, laid emphasizes on the senses. He admonished that they must be put to good use. He made his points using this mnemonic SEE NO EVIL (EYES), SAY NO EVIL (TONGUE) and HEAR NO EVIL (EAR) – He demonstrated this by placing his hands over his eyes, mouth and ears in quick succession. Permit me to include TOUCH NO EVIL (SKIN).

Before I continue, I will like to share my first lecture as an undergraduate with you. The course was GENERAL STUDIES (GNS 101), topic centered on SKIMMING, SCANNING AND READING. The lecturer explained what each term meant and made a comparison between them.

SKIMMING is used to get the general overview of a text; it’s carried out with speed and with less concentration. He maintained that SCANNING is similar to skimming – a quick search through a document or piece of writing in order to locate a particular information. While READING takes place at a slower speed – it involves concentration......................read more http://knowbase.appswheel.com/different-levels-different-subjects-different-teac

(1) (Reply)

Please N_landers Beware Of Cholera / Every Day Foo That Fight Cancer / What Are The Implication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.