Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Do You Eat Together As A Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Eat Together As A Family? (1364 Views)

Do Nigerian Families Eat Together? / Does Your Family Eat Together With Housemaid / Family Mealtimes: Do You Eat Together? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Eat Together As A Family? by nalijah07(f): 4:15pm On Jul 08, 2008
Does your family share meals together, or does everyone go their separate ways when mealtime comes. Lately I'm noticing more and more families that do not eat together. Is this practice becoming extinct?
Re: Do You Eat Together As A Family? by Godalone(m): 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2008
We eat together in my house.
Re: Do You Eat Together As A Family? by iice(f): 5:02pm On Jul 08, 2008
Hmmm depends, sometimes when we are around we eat together but mostly we eat our own time because we all keep different hours.

I love eating @ my grandparents place, we usually used to all go home for the weekend, almost all the grandchildren and the children, we always eat out at the backyard coz we are plenty, its soo much fun. Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Re: Do You Eat Together As A Family? by Gamine(f): 5:35pm On Jul 08, 2008
We dont eat together at home oh

even on some special occasions

We the kids take off to our living room and eat in front of the TV

my mum and dad and sometimes my last sibling are left in the dining room!
Re: Do You Eat Together As A Family? by mohawkchic(f): 10:11pm On Jul 08, 2008
~It is a practice that is not Common anymore!!

~I would have loved to continue this practice with my family Regularly as we're not all together for Lunch/ DinnerĀ . . . we do Breakfast most times thu . . .however on weekends,its a MUST for us all to eat together at home or out!!!!

~I use to do that a lot regularly when i was much younger with my Mum,DAda N siblings . . .I miss those times!!
Re: Do You Eat Together As A Family? by sistajay(f): 10:18pm On Jul 08, 2008
Eating together at the table as a family is fast fadin out, we're all too busy doin our thing.
Re: Do You Eat Together As A Family? by ifyalways(f): 11:15am On Jul 09, 2008
Not anymore sad
Re: Do You Eat Together As A Family? by coolier(f): 1:37pm On Jul 09, 2008
nalijah07:

Does your family share meals together, or does everyone go their separate ways when mealtime comes. Lately I'm noticing more and more families that do not eat together. Is this practice becoming extinct?

No, we do not eat together. I don't even have a dining table, just a kitchen table. And we do not eat the same meal nor eat at the same time either. So it's not uncommon in my home to see me eating rice or drinking 'gari'(cassava) for lunch and somebody else is eating beans and another a take away.
Re: Do You Eat Together As A Family? by atutupoyo(f): 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2008
No we dont only our parents. It was when we were younger, How I miss those days.
Re: Do You Eat Together As A Family? by Akinagirl(f): 12:43am On Jul 22, 2008
No not really.
Re: Do You Eat Together As A Family? by Nobody: 1:58am On Jul 22, 2008
Nope. I eat on my own time.

Sometimes when my alarm reminds me too sad
Re: Do You Eat Together As A Family? by lucabrasi(m): 2:28am On Jul 22, 2008
@topic
large family so not practicable for us to even eat as a family more like a banquet lol
Re: Do You Eat Together As A Family? by tRoOE(f): 3:33am On Jul 22, 2008
Not anymore expect some sundays
LOL i can't even remember the day we had family dinner only if we eat out
Re: Do You Eat Together As A Family? by motunrayo4(f): 3:39am On Jul 22, 2008
Nope. . .we all just arent home at the same time to eat together
Re: Do You Eat Together As A Family? by abujabooks(f): 3:12pm On Jul 23, 2008
Sometimes.
Re: Do You Eat Together As A Family? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 19, 2010
My wife and myself eat together, from the same plate too. That's breakfast, lunch and supper, on my days off work.

The only exception to sharing breakfast and lunch is when I'm at work. I leave pretty early, while my wife and baby daughter are still asleep. And of course on a work day, I'll have lunch at work. Supper is always shared.
Re: Do You Eat Together As A Family? by duchess4: 10:15am On Oct 20, 2010
For where? Not with my partner`s eating habits! U can hear him chew from a mile away angry He also complains that i eat too fast embarassedwhile he takes his time to chew every bite tongue!
Re: Do You Eat Together As A Family? by Gamine(f): 12:23pm On Oct 20, 2010
~duchess~:

For where? Not with my partner`s eating habits! U can hear him chew from a mile away angry He also complains that i eat too fast embarassedwhile he takes his time to chew every bite tongue!

LOL. How do you cope then? this might as well be my biggest pet peeve.
Re: Do You Eat Together As A Family? by duchess4: 12:55pm On Oct 20, 2010
@ Gamine

What can a sister do? I`ve tried giving him the "look" a couple of times but i think he has grown immune to even that cry

When i can no longer stand the chewing, i simply carry my plate of food and move to the bedroom!
Re: Do You Eat Together As A Family? by chic2pimp(m): 2:22pm On Oct 20, 2010
We used to do it(eat together as a family) when I was much younger.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Men Repay Good With Evil? / What Was Your Response The First Day You Met Your Stepmother / Wonder Child Born With A Miracletasabih Muslim Rosary In Bida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.