Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Youtube-like Video Player For A Website - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Youtube-like Video Player For A Website (1235 Views)

Create Your Own Youtube Like Video Site Easily With Wordpress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youtube-like Video Player For A Website by YOHANAN(m): 2:54pm On Oct 25, 2013
Hi, People.
I'm developing a website for a client (A Visual DJ) who wants to post his videos on the website.
The problem is HE WANTS A VIDEO PLAYER LIKE YOUTUBE USES, BUT DOESNT WANT TO PUT HIS VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE (length, copyright issues, etc.).
So, if there's any programmer in the House who can ginger up something for me, I will appreciate you dropping a line here.
God's Blessings...
Re: Youtube-like Video Player For A Website by sarutobi: 4:48pm On Oct 25, 2013
you have to implement your own.
first, streaming videos on your own is resource intensive, you have to convert it into formats that many devices can read (iphone, android, ipad, browsers etc.)

Anyway, get jwplayer, or flowplayer(just google them). Then u have to find a cloud provider that allows storing, streaming, and converting of videos for you. Try vzaar, or jwplayer cloud offerings.

My guy, no be small thing oh, and it mite be a bit expensive sha.

if u wanna go a bit cheap, u can opt to upload your videos to amazon s3, use thier transcode service to transcode the videos and deliver it to your player with amazon cloudfront. Its a cheap way but u have to be a little techy.
Re: Youtube-like Video Player For A Website by YOHANAN(m): 5:02pm On Oct 25, 2013
@sarutobi
Thanks for the advice.
Will definitely check out these resources.
God bless.
Re: Youtube-like Video Player For A Website by javadoctor(m): 6:39am On Oct 27, 2013
Youtube.com uses a very simple restful uri,if u notice the link youtube.com/watch?v=naira for example, query param name v makes a GET request containing d video id dat does a backend search ,wen it locates d media it produces d MediaType content on d same page, so all u need is a media framewrk on ur presentation dat does streaming so dat the protocol doesn't ask u to save a video file to ur computer.
Re: Youtube-like Video Player For A Website by YOHANAN(m): 7:39am On Nov 04, 2013
Many thanks to everyone who has taken precious time to post on this topic - you are much appreciated.
And if there's still a nugget of wisdom out there, I'm eager to hear it.
God bless.
Re: Youtube-like Video Player For A Website by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 04, 2013
in addition to what sarutobi said above.

you need to first know if the client wants his media hidden from the PC cache and the average techie.
then you may be looking at streaming technologies.
else, an average flash based video player will do the trick.
i think jwplayer supports both types.

To stream, you will be using the Real Time Messaging Protocol, e.g rtmp://yoursite.com/yourApp
streaming requires you run a streaming server e.g the expensive Adobe FMS, the free Red5 Media server written in java
or RTMPy written in python and based on the very reliable Twisted framework.
I personally use RTMPy cos it is free and less resource hungry unlike Java. i used RTMPy on Clinicmatters.com chat service.
Setting this up requires some codes to build the app, it's a steep curve to learning and understand.
this can also be resource intensive and you will need a VPS or Dedicated server (root access) to get that done ($49+ monthly)
The beauty of streaming is that the media data is discarded after rendering and never stored in the cache, but there are still special softwares that can capture rtmp streams and record it. Streaming servers also have an interface that lets it detect your internet connection bandwidth and will send you an optimized version of the media file.

Non-stream just require you putting the video file on your server, even shared hosting will do
and just call the video from your flash video player over HTTP e.g http://yoursite.com/yourfile.mp4
If you need help, i can help you for a small fee.

info[at]webdezzi.com
Re: Youtube-like Video Player For A Website by paparazzi1987(m): 3:44pm On Nov 04, 2013
use this :

In ur HTML

<embed width="420" height="345" id="jlo" runat="server"

type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
</embed>

In ur code (C#)

on Click event :

jlo.Attributes.Add("src", "MediaurlPath"wink;

(1) (Reply)

PHP File Inclusion / What Every DBA Needs To Know About The New Mysql 5.7! / Looking For An Experienced Mobile Developer (mobile Web And Smartphone App)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.