Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

PLEASE HELP!I CAN'T UNINSTALL. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / PLEASE HELP!I CAN'T UNINSTALL. (1516 Views)

How Do I Uninstall Avast Antivirus? Its Proving Difficult. / Help Me To Uninstall O.s On My Flash Drive. And Unpartioned It For Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PLEASE HELP!I CAN'T UNINSTALL. by semid4lyfe(m): 4:56pm On Jul 08, 2008
I recently upgraded my pc,a Compaq EVO D500 desktop from 256MB to 768MB.The system was working fine until i installed a particular antivirus.i installed Eset Nod 32 3.0 & AVG 8.O.As i was installing bitdefender 2008 and it was nearing completion the installation hung.i left it thinking it would resume on its own.After waiting many hours i cancelled the installation and closed d programme but it had already installed because d icon was on my desktop & task bar.i tried to open other programmes but then it took forever and the system just hung there.i then managed 2 open my add or remove programmes and tried 2 uninstall the bitdefender antivirus but windows showed windows cannot uninstall programme because it was not installed properly or system is been run in safe mode.Since then my pc has been very slow and programmes take a very long time 2 open.I have also tried in vain since them to uninstall bitdefener.PLS,WHAT DO I DO because my system is now very slow and how can i uninstall the bitdefender antivirus.
Re: PLEASE HELP!I CAN'T UNINSTALL. by uspry1(f): 5:20pm On Jul 08, 2008
What in the world you are doing to install THREE antivirus softwares (Nod32, AVG and Bitdefender) on your system at once?

You need only ONE antivirus software---not whole THREE antivirus softwares.

All you need to install to protect your system from harm (malware, spyware, viruses, trojan horses, phishing, et.c)

1. best antivirus
2. best anti-spyware/anti-malware/anti-phishing
3. best third-party personal firewall/internet security (other than Microsoft Windows Firewall)

I rather use an Internet Security Software Suite---all-in-one software to take care of everything mentioned harm above AT ONCE.

By the way google to find how to uninstall bitdefender 2008 step-by-step instruction manually. Good luck!
Re: PLEASE HELP!I CAN'T UNINSTALL. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2008
Your mistake, you cant run 2 antivirus on the same system. Except you disable one of them. Though a lot of people do this. That accounts for the slow system. normal antivirus like mcafee wont even install when norton is there or will hang midway just like your bitdefender. When system is on launch task manager, go to processes and end process for the already installed antivirus if and only if,
Re: PLEASE HELP!I CAN'T UNINSTALL. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2008
And only if you can identify the processes for the antivirus. You should if you normally monitor the number of processes running. This will restore system speed. Uninstall all antivirus. this will allow you to repair bitdefender then uninstall. Then install just one antivirus of you choice.
Re: PLEASE HELP!I CAN'T UNINSTALL. by semid4lyfe(m): 9:02pm On Jul 08, 2008
Skyope & uspry1,thanks 4 'ur responses.Your ideas on solving d problem have been noted.Skyope,d idea of removing bitdefender 4rm taskmanager by ending its process has occurred 2 me but d problem is identifying the process.On why i use many antiviruses,d reason is that my pc was once infected by multiple viruses and it took a combination of different antiviruses 2 remove them.I also observed then that some viruses could not be detected by some particular antiviruses,since then i have always used 3 antiviruses on my pc without encountering any problem and this was b4 d upgrade,so why should I experience such when i have upgraded?
Re: PLEASE HELP!I CAN'T UNINSTALL. by semid4lyfe(m): 10:09pm On Jul 08, 2008
Skyope and Uspry1,I have finally uninstalled the bitdefender antivirus and my pc is now back 2 normal and working very fine.I used a combination of your suggestions. I went on line,googled process used by bitdefender and found out it was vsserv.exe.I then launched taskmanager and ended the process.I then opened my add or remove programme and uninstalled it successfully.Once again thank u,ese,dalu and gracias.THANKS.
Re: PLEASE HELP!I CAN'T UNINSTALL. by uspry1(f): 10:32pm On Jul 08, 2008
You are more than welcome! All anti-virus has automatically update new patch to be added in order to protect against viruses.

You should make aware the fact that there are over 1 milliions viruses attack without your system protection.

Always accept when it prompts asking you for update antivirus, please do so scanning entire system after update download done! Your system is very valuable!

It is your job taking responsible for taking care of your system the same way you take care of your car. Can you drive a car when gas is empty? Same idea!!! Keep your system performance cleaning and scanning antivirus all the time.

If you cannot afford having paid anti-virus, then use FREE ANTIVIRUS software.

(1) (Reply)

Multilinks 3g Broadband / Mtn 3g Broadband (is This A Fast Broadband) / How Do I Download Videos From Youtube And Other Video Sites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.