Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,981 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat (25553 Views)

Karma Visits Wike As Police Chase Away CTC Members From Council Secretariat / Politicians Beat Themselves At Kwara PDP Governorship Primary / Scores Injured As Youths Invade Council Secretariat In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by JECBOSS: 6:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
The appearance of a crocodile in an office at the Baruten Local Government Council Secretariat at Kosubosu in Kwara on Friday caused pandemonium, forcing workers to scamper for their safety.

When a correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria visited the secretariat, workers were seen in groups discussing the incident.

Some workers said that the reptile was sighted behind a door by a worker, Haruna Hussein.

According to one of the workers, Hasheem Tijani, the movement of the reptile behind the door of one of the offices attracted the attention of Hussein, who raised an alarm on sighting it.

Tijani said that workers in their offices ran out when the alarm was raised but some brave men later went back to the office with stones, sticks and cutlasses to kill the reptile.

He said that no one could actually explain how the reptile got into the office.

Mr. Tijani described the appearance of the crocodile as the strangest thing to happen in the history of the council.

According to him, the secretariat is clean without bushes around the premises for a crocodile or any animal to enter the office.

“It is a strange thing seeing a crocodile in our office. There is no river near us to suggest that it might come from the river and our environment is not bushy.

“Also, today is not Monday so that we would have said it hid there over the weekend,” he said.

The official said that workers were in the office on Thursday and that the door was locked after close of work.

After the reptile was killed and taken away, normal activities resumed at the secretariat.
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/national/147297-crocodile-causes-scare-council-secretariat-kwara.html

Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by owolabifunke14(f): 6:16pm On Oct 25, 2013
grin Juju things grin meat things

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by ULSHERLAN(m): 7:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
This isn't d pix of d croc. Y una dey lie na

3 Likes

Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by Thej(m): 9:27pm On Oct 25, 2013
Please is dis the crocodile or the poster is trying to let us know what crocodile is?

11 Likes

Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by patriotic007: 9:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
thats interesting BTW FTC
Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by AdekunleSegun(m): 9:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
na wa
Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by Memyselfu2009(m): 9:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
How will this rubbish make front page
Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by LONGFELLOW02(m): 9:40pm On Oct 25, 2013
END TIME TINZ...
Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by olu4life(m): 9:40pm On Oct 25, 2013
No pix? Then we dont believe. Abi na so kwara local reach wey nobody get camera fone?

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by nikkyshyne(f): 9:42pm On Oct 25, 2013
The-j:
Please is dis the crocodile or the poster is trying to let us know what crocodile is?
I think it is the latter undecided
Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by iterator25: 9:42pm On Oct 25, 2013
Awon iyami nile tawa have upgraded to crocodile. Seems cats and birds aren't making much impact again lipsrsealed

Nwanne, I'm leaving this con3

4 Likes

Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by Ify23: 9:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
i think yhe pix is for us to know what he mean.
Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by gwas(m): 9:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
Odikwa serious

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by venorite(m): 9:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
Hmmm, jungle story, no picture to support the story.

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by DollyParton1(f): 9:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
iterator25: Awon iyami nile tawa have upgraded to crocodile. Seems cats and birds aren't making much impact again

Lol...na snake sure pass. grin
Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
is that the croc?
Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by hardon1(m): 9:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
cockk and bull rubbish. * ovoke abeg go look weda the water don boil make i do garri make we chop. If e don boil, carry am down, then warm the soup*

10 Likes

Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
grin grin grin crocodile dundee
Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by RockMaxi: 9:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
You all should be tried for violence/Cruelty to wildlife animal in a sane environment.

And this is Nigeria, Crocodile Pepper Soup sha.

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by nikkypearl(f): 9:46pm On Oct 25, 2013
is that suppose to be a documentary
Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by sylve11: 9:49pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ah! so the crocodile bit hussein tijani? cry cool
Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by sCun: 10:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
Barunten LGA the most dreaded place for Youth Corp members posted to Kwara state.

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by Jarus(m): 10:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
I also saw suddenly saw a lizard on my windscreen while driving two days ago. I staggered to park. Somebody helped me drive it home. I have not touched teh car till now.

Narrated the story to my facebook followers yesterday:

STRANGE LIZARD IN FRONT OF MY WINDSCREEN: I actually thought I was strong , but my experience yesternight scared the hell out of me. Didn't drive to work , but got home early enough to still use the car to check a friend that lives kilometers away. I was on highway (Lekki-Epe expressway, before Sangotedo), when I suddenly saw a lizard in front of my windscreen, in-between stationary wipers. The lizard was just, just panting, but not moving. It Was around 8pm. The scene scared me. iI must confess I was scared, especially given the suddenness with which it appeared, and I had driven 3 kilometres without seeing anything earlier. I staggered to park, ck, picked my phone and came out of the car. Then told people I saw by roadside why I stopped so abruptly. I couldn't go near the car, but a security man around used his torch to view windscreen, but didn't see anything. He said mine was the 3rd case he heard, and indeed, a neighbour, pointing to his house, also experienced same - lizard suddenly appearing on his dashboard - recenty, and he was part of the team that sent the lizard away. I also remember reading story of Femi Kuti recently, claiming he also saw a lizard in front of his car on Third Mainland Bridge, and created a Scene(I saw the pics on the internet recently). Now, I have not said this is necessarily mysterious and not possibly a case of stray lizard finding its way on a car when parked, but questions I want answered are: 1, my wife drove the car all day yesterday, and only parked it less than 1 hours bfore I took charge, it is hard to believe lizard found its way into the car bonnet(which was hot) within that 1 hour. 2, the suddenness was strange to me. 3, I have read about Femi Kuti's case and one of the bystanders claimed mine was the 3rd case of lizard-suddenly-appearing - on-car dashboard/windscreen he was seeing. Could all be cases of stray lizards? Why lizards always? Well, after the stir died down, I was afraid of driving the car, and was driven home by one of the guys around the scene yesternight, initially refusing to enter the car, but after finding taxi to no avail, joined the guy, sitting at the back and reciting plenty kursiyyu and qul ahuth all through the ride home. I haven't come near the car till now.

4 Likes

Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by RedCard1(m): 10:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
gwas: Odikwa serious
not serious since there's no pic as a proof. So none of the workers can boast of a camera phone

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by Oyiboman69: 10:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
Dis Picture Na Fake,Lol.
Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by Jaideyone(m): 10:16pm On Oct 25, 2013
Maybe it's just an aligator sad poor thing
Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by groovie(m): 10:18pm On Oct 25, 2013
they probably saw a monitor lizard or something na to make story sweet na im dem kuku talk say na croc.

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by saintNinoBran(m): 10:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
How come did d corocodile managed to enta d hall or d conference?
Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by allaboutobed(m): 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by tchigofigo(m): 10:23pm On Oct 25, 2013
no b croc joor..na 1 of these monitor liz or alligator..,dm jst kill lizzy-babe 4 notin..

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 25, 2013
Jarus: I also saw suddenly saw a lizard on my windscreen while driving two days ago. I staggered to park. Somebody helped me drive it home. I have not touched teh car till now.

Narrated the story to my facebook followers yesterday:

STRANGE LIZARD IN FRONT OF MY WINDSCREEN: I actually thought I was strong , but my experience yesternight scared the hell out of me. Didn't drive to work , but got home early enough to still use the car to check a friend that lives kilometers away. I was on highway (Lekki-Epe expressway, before Sangotedo), when I suddenly saw a lizard in front of my windscreen, in-between stationary wipers. The lizard was just, just panting, but not moving. It Was around 8pm. The scene scared me. iI must confess I was scared, especially given the suddenness with which it appeared, and I had driven 3 kilometres without seeing anything earlier. I staggered to park, ck, picked my phone and came out of the car. Then told people I saw by roadside why I stopped so abruptly. I couldn't go near the car, but a security man around used his torch to view windscreen, but didn't see anything. He said mine was the 3rd case he heard, and indeed, a neighbour, pointing to his house, also experienced same - lizard suddenly appearing on his dashboard - recenty, and he was part of the team that sent the lizard away. I also remember reading story of Femi Kuti recently, claiming he also saw a lizard in front of his car on Third Mainland Bridge, and created a Scene(I saw the pics on the internet recently). Now, I have not said this is necessarily mysterious and not possibly a case of stray lizard finding its way on a car when parked, but questions I want answered are: 1, my wife drove the car all day yesterday, and only parked it less than 1 hours bfore I took charge, it is hard to believe lizard found its way into the car bonnet(which was hot) within that 1 hour. 2, the suddenness was strange to me. 3, I have read about Femi Kuti's case and one of the bystanders claimed mine was the 3rd case of lizard-suddenly-appearing - on-car dashboard/windscreen he was seeing. Could all be cases of stray lizards? Why lizards always? Well, after the stir died down, I was afraid of driving the car, and was driven home by one of the guys around the scene yesternight, initially refusing to enter the car, but after finding taxi to no avail, joined the guy, sitting at the back and reciting plenty kursiyyu and qul ahuth all through the ride home. I haven't come near the car till now.
chief what other proof do u want? This wan na END TIME THINGS koro koro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode: Dangote Trucks Accidents Are Satanic / Kashim Shettima's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) / Details Of FG’s Meeting With NLC, TUC Emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.