Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,027 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Persecution, Integrity, Faith - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Persecution, Integrity, Faith (1418 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Can a Man With Integrity Be Both a Soldier And a Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 26, 2013
Joshthefirst: this just shows you do not even know what bibilical persecution and suffering is.
The bible says that anyone who truly professes Christ MUST suffer persecution. Persecution comes in all forms and sizes. Its not only when you are killed that you have suffered for christ. Discrimination, degradation, insults and spite are persecution too.
There is also persecution from false brethrem mentioned in scripture. That's about the worst there is I think.
I asked what is your personal experience. What suffering have you gone through for Christ, What persecution have you gone through for Christ? I hope its not the reward of bigotry you got for intruding the peace of others with your silly rants. Or one or two insults you got on NL when you poke your nose on the issues of non believers that have nothing to do with you. I have noticed that you intrude the most amongst christians on non christian issues. I have read about the persecution the apostles went through and how they were killed, but believe me, what you put there is like "a pat on the back" to them.
I said earlier on that christianity is the leading party. The fact that a nigerian xtian can openly preach on the streets of lagos, with everyone seeing it normal is a reason. The fact that one(eg atheists) sometimes needs the intervention of the government to stop the noise emanating from churches in a cool and quiet environment is another reason. and many more. So what do you mean by persecution. Last time I checked, christianity is not predominant in the north, most especially amongst the bokoharam. We(other parts) have heard a lot of all that(xtianity) int he past and present, so why not go excercise your irrestive urge for the gospel of christ amongst the northerners. By the way, let me ask again dont you like to go to the glorious, happy and sinless heaven and leave this sinful and wicked world?
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Joshthefirst(m): 8:15pm On Oct 26, 2013
nwuyag:
I asked what is your personal experience. What suffering have you gone through for Christ, What persecution have you gone through for Christ? I hope its not the reward of bigotry you got for intruding the peace of others with your silly rants. Or one or two insults you got on NL when you poke your nose on the issues of non believers that have nothing to do with you. I have noticed that you intrude the most amongst christians on non christian issues. I have read about the persecution the apostles went through and how they were killed, but believe me, what you put there is like "a pat on the back" to them.
I said earlier on that christianity is the leading party. The fact that a nigerian xtian can openly preach on the streets of lagos, with everyone seeing it normal is a reason. The fact that one(eg atheists) sometimes needs the intervention of the government to stop the noise emanating from churches in a cool and quiet environment is another reason. and many more. So what do you mean by persecution. Last time I checked, christianity is not predominant in the north, most especially amongst the bokoharam. We(other parts) have heard a lot of all that(xtianity) int he past and present, so why not go excercise your irrestive urge for the gospel of christ amongst the northerners. By the way, let me ask again dont you like to go to the glorious, happy and sinless heaven and leave this sinful and wicked world?
did you read the op?
You still misplace christianity with ritualistic religion.
You have contradicted yourself completely. If christianity was the leading party, this country would be one of the most morally upright and developed places on earth, why? Because there wouls be no corruption and sin. There would be love. But this country is made mostly of people who think God is a goodluck charm or something, whgo go to church/mosque and do not uphold good since they have nothing to do with God.
So you're wrong sir. This country is just a religious country. We want it to be a God knowing and God fearing country.
And if God wanted me in nothern nigeria, I'd be there. My life is for the gospel of Christ. But I walk by the spirit of God. Doing what God wants me to do at a particular mnoment, walking in his will. If I go to anywhere, north or south because of foolish overzealousness, I won't achieve anything for God. I won't be doing what he wants me to do. I won't get any results.
Re: Persecution, Integrity, Faith by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 28, 2013
^^^
angry lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

"What Is The Meaning Of The Hebrew Word Shalom?" / “noah”: A Biblical Tale Rewritten To Push An Agenda / Child Adoption By Believers Of God. Is It A Sin??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.