Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,085 members, 7,821,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

How To Run A Bridalshop - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How To Run A Bridalshop (5014 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Run A Bridalshop by evadreams(f): 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
Hey nairalanders! My dream is to hv a bridalshop for both rental n sales buh i need a proffesional advice.where to get whosale gowns or a use gown for rental at affordable priced,how much do i need to start d biz,presarvation,drycleaning n insight into rental policies.pls i need a proffesional advice...make my dreams come true!! U can email me at. Prettylassie22@yahoo.co.uk
Re: How To Run A Bridalshop by tayonooni: 12:44am On Oct 26, 2013
Space booked, lemme get my book of knowledge. Trust me, i'll respond
Re: How To Run A Bridalshop by tayonooni: 1:45am On Oct 26, 2013
The thing is either you liase with a designer to design 4 you or you get your order frm abroad. Your gowns will have to be of different sizes, designs & fabrics. Also, dont 4get that some brides will like to get everything in a single place as long as they are Ok with ur price & quality. However, you must do a feasibility studies that there is a ready made market waiting to get want you want to offer. Dont 4get that pple dont marry everyday & if they do, they will prefer a low key, unless its the super rich wedding. You can as well add other bridal stuffs to supplement ur package ie bridal handfan, bridemaids dresses, shoes/bags, fascinators, tiaras, gloves, jewellry sets, make up kits. Moreover, you will need to maximise all forms social media platform @ ur disposal to market ur goods & services
START UP CAPITAL
I cant really say cos it depends on how big you want it to be, even though, no amnt is too small, but trust me, its capital intensive.
Re: How To Run A Bridalshop by tayonooni: 1:55am On Oct 26, 2013
DRYCLEANING
To dry clean ur gowns is not a big deal, as long as ur drycleaner is not using strong chemical/stain remover on ur gowns.
Preservations
Keep ur gowns like you will keep ur passport away frm rats, stains etc. Keep ur gown in a safe wardrobe with good ventilation.
Capital
I dont have idea, but i think 100k will be a good start up
Policies
No idea, you can consult my frnd, google.com 4 more info or do a research abt it frm those that re already into it.
Re: How To Run A Bridalshop by evadreams(f): 12:42pm On Oct 26, 2013
Thank u
Re: How To Run A Bridalshop by sassygal(f): 1:50pm On Oct 26, 2013
U need to tune in to Amsale girls, brides of beverly hills, say yes to the dress etc on either TLC or Style network on thursdays. These shows will open up your mind to the world of bridal gown business.

You need patience the size of the atlantic ocean, a fashion concious mind. You also need a sizeable budget, this is relative, but a minimum of 300,000 naira is advisable for just gowns. This is minus the cost of the shop and fixtures.

Buy gowns that are 'one size fits all'. They are laced up at the back. This can fit a size 6 and a size 16. Very economical.

Do lots of research! Learn about various cuts peculiar to wedding gowns. Know the different types of gowns - empire waist, mermaid etc. Know the trends in vogue etc

Cheapest quality gowns are found in China. Buy online from Aliexpress.com. Gowns from 10,000 naira are found there at wholesale price. But shipping costs may raise it 18k. Have a mixture of low budget and high budget gowns but depending on your target customers.

The internet has made things so easy, do a research online, visit various wedding gown shops in a guise and see for yourself.

Use a standard drycleaner please! Store gowns hanging in the open with good ventilation

1 Like

Re: How To Run A Bridalshop by evadreams(f): 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2013
Thanks a lot!! A valued advice guyz.
Re: How To Run A Bridalshop by evadreams(f): 5:26pm On Oct 31, 2013
evadreams: Hey nairalanders! My dream is to hv a bridalshop for both rental n sales buh i need a proffesional advice.where to get whosale gowns or a use gown for rental at affordable priced,how much do i need to start d biz,presarvation,drycleaning n insight into rental policies.pls i need a proffesional advice...make my dreams come true!! U can email me at. Prettylassie22@yahoo.co.uk
Re: How To Run A Bridalshop by Martins97: 12:48am On Mar 12, 2018
Re: How To Run A Bridalshop by sassygal(f): 3:22pm On Mar 18, 2018
sassygal:
U need to tune in to Amsale girls, brides of beverly hills, say yes to the dress etc on either TLC or Style network on thursdays. These shows will open up your mind to the world of bridal gown business.

You need patience the size of the atlantic ocean, a fashion concious mind. You also need a sizeable budget, this is relative, but a minimum of 300,000 naira is advisable for just gowns. This is minus the cost of the shop and fixtures.

Buy gowns that are 'one size fits all'. They are laced up at the back. This can fit a size 6 and a size 16. Very economical.

Do lots of research! Learn about various cuts peculiar to wedding gowns. Know the different types of gowns - empire waist, mermaid etc. Know the trends in vogue etc

Cheapest quality gowns are found in China. Buy online from Aliexpress.com. Gowns from 10,000 naira are found there at wholesale price. But shipping costs may raise it 18k. Have a mixture of low budget and high budget gowns but depending on your target customers.

The internet has made things so easy, do a research online, visit various wedding gown shops in a guise and see for yourself.

Use a standard drycleaner please! Store gowns hanging in the open with good ventilation

I totally forgot I gave this advice, 2017 I started a bridal shop, lol and this is no longer practical.

1 Like

Re: How To Run A Bridalshop by Antibot5: 10:42am On Oct 25, 2020
sassygal:

I totally forgot I gave this advice, 2017 I started a bridal shop, lol and this is no longer practical.

Can we connect please? As regards this
Re: How To Run A Bridalshop by eyems: 7:09pm On Feb 26, 2021
Get Updated Bridal Shop business plan
Re: How To Run A Bridalshop by neutralmind: 10:54pm On Oct 11, 2021
Okay

(1) (Reply)

Grill/barbeque/ BBQ In Ede Osun State / Mothers Day 2015 Wishes Quotes Messages Wallpaper SMS / Invitation Invitation To Social And Dating Site 2go Chatting On The Web

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.