Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:58 AM

Things People Regret Before They Die - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Things People Regret Before They Die (24993 Views)

Six Things People Regret On Their Death Bed. / PHOTOS: The Most Dangerous Things People Do In Lagos / 37 Things You’ll Regret When You’re Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by ITbomb(m): 5:11pm On Oct 28, 2013
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by Michaellegend(m): 5:13pm On Oct 28, 2013
beejaay:

am sure u are the one that is not ok for copying the whole damn tin
I'm sorry abt dat.
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by Ridiy: 5:13pm On Oct 28, 2013
Oga Seun, what is wrong with NL since morning na...bn having prob of opening NL since morning...
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by emmabest2000(m): 5:14pm On Oct 28, 2013
samsolite: 1. I wish I’d cared less about what other people think.

It’s only when you realize how little other people are really thinking of you (in a negative sense) that you
realize how much time you spent caring and wasting energy worrying about this.

2. I wish I had accomplished more.

You don’t have to have won an Oscar, a Grammy, or even a Nobel prize, built up a business or run a marathon,
but having small personal accomplishments is important.

3. I wish I had told __ how I truly felt.

Even if the “special one” doesn’t exist, telling someone how you truly feel will always save you
from that gut wrenching ”but what if…” feeling that could linger for life if you stay quiet.

4. I wish I had stood up for myself more.

Sometimes, it’s too easy to think that if you go all out to please everyone you’ll be liked more or your
partner won’t run off with anyone else. I think age probably teaches us to be nice but not at the expense of our own happiness.

5. I wish I had followed my passion in life.

It’s so easy to be seduced by a stable salary, a solid routine and a comfortable life, but at what expense?

6. I wish our last conversation hadn’t been an argument.

Life is short, and you never really know when the last time you speak to someone you love will be.
It’s these moments that really stay clear in peoples’ minds.

7. I wish I had let my children grow up to be who they wanted to be.

The realization that love, compassion and empathy are so much more important than clashes
in values or belief systems can hit home hard.

8. I wish I had lived more in the moment.

Watching children grow up makes you realize how short-lived and precious time really is,
and as we age, many of us live less and less in the present.

9. I wish I had worked less.

There’s always a desire to have loosened up a bit more with this one and the realization
that financial success or career accomplishment doesn’t necessarily equal a fulfilled life.

10. I wish I had traveled more.

It can be done at any age, with kids or not but many talk themselves out of it for all kinds of reasons
such as lack of money, mortgage, children, etc. When there’s a regret, you know it could have been possible at some stage.

11. I wish I had trusted my gut rather than listening to everyone else.

Making your own decisions and feeling confident in the decisions you make gives us fulfillment
and joy from life. Going against your gut only breeds resentment and bitterness.

12. I wish I’d taken better care of myself.

Premature health problems or aging always makes you wonder if you’d eaten healthier,
exercised more and been less stressed, would you be where you are today?

13. I wish I’d taken more risks.

Everyone has their own idea of what’s risky, but you know when you’re living too much in
your comfort zone. In hindsight, some people feel they missed out on a lot of adventure life has to offer.

14. I wish I’d had more time.

Many people say time speeds up as we age. The six weeks of summer holidays we had as kids
certainly seemed to last a lifetime. If time speeds up, then it’s even more important to make the most of every moment.

15. I wish I hadn’t worried so much.

If you’ve ever kept a diary and looked back, you’ll probably wonder why you ever got so worked up over a particular issue.

16. I wish I’d appreciated ___ more.

The consequences of taking people for granted are always hard to deal with.

17. I wish I’d spent more time with my family.

Some people get caught up with work, move to other parts of the world, grow old with grudges
against family members only to realize their priorities were in the wrong place.

18. I wish I hadn’t taken myself so seriously.

Life is just more fun when you can laugh at yourself.

19. I wish I’d done more for other people.

Doing things for others just makes life more meaningful.

20. I wish I could have felt happier.

The realization that happiness is a state of mind that you can control sometimes doesn’t occur to people until it’s too late.

Source:

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/20-things-people-regret-the-most-before-they-die.html
Nice one Op grin

Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by 3ace(m): 5:22pm On Oct 28, 2013
Even people who are still alive wish they had done some these things.
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by 3ace(m): 5:23pm On Oct 28, 2013
Ridiy: Oga Seun, what is wrong with NL since morning na...bn having prob of opening NL since morning...
No be only you my guy, have you noticed the number 2 in the site? www2.nairaland.com/
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by honeydion(m): 5:25pm On Oct 28, 2013
Gud
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 28, 2013
Michaellegend:
Sir, are you ok?
u wey quote am.. u get sense??
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by Ridiy: 5:30pm On Oct 28, 2013
3ace: No be only you my guy, have you noticed the number 2 in the site? www2.nairaland.com/

Yep. I noticed it too when I was able to log in..
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by tantita(m): 5:34pm On Oct 28, 2013
[quote author=samsolite]1. I wish I’d cared less about what other people think.

It’s only when you realize how little other people are really thinking of you (in a negative sense) that you
realize how much time you spent caring and wasting energy worrying about this.

2. I wish I had accomplished more.

You don’t have to have won an Oscar, a Grammy, or even a Nobel prize, built up a business or run a marathon,
but having small personal accomplishments is important.

3. I wish I had told __ how I truly felt.

Even if the “special one” doesn’t exist, telling someone how you truly feel will always save you
from that gut wrenching ”but what if…” feeling that could linger for life if you stay quiet.

4. I wish I had stood up for myself more.

Sometimes, it’s too easy to think that if you go all out to please everyone you’ll be liked more or your
partner won’t run off with anyone else. I think age probably teaches us to be nice but not at the expense of our own happiness.

5. I wish I had followed my passion in life.

It’s so easy to be seduced by a stable salary, a solid routine and a comfortable life, but at what expense?

6. I wish our last conversation hadn’t been an argument.

Life is short, and you never really know when the last time you speak to someone you love will be.
It’s these moments that really stay clear in peoples’ minds.

7. I wish I had let my children grow up to be who they wanted to be.

The realization that love, compassion and empathy are so much more important than clashes
in values or belief systems can hit home hard.

8. I wish I had lived more in the moment.

Watching children grow up makes you realize how short-lived and precious time really is,
and as we age, many of us live less and less in the present.

9. I wish I had worked less.

There’s always a desire to have loosened up a bit more with this one and the realization
that financial success or career accomplishment doesn’t necessarily equal a fulfilled life.

10. I wish I had traveled more.

It can be done at any age, with kids or not but many talk themselves out of it for all kinds of reasons
such as lack of money, mortgage, children, etc. When there’s a regret, you know it could have been possible at some stage.

11. I wish I had trusted my gut rather than listening to everyone else.

Making your own decisions and feeling confident in the decisions you make gives us fulfillment
and joy from life. Going against your gut only breeds resentment and bitterness.

12. I wish I’d taken better care of myself.

Premature health problems or aging always makes you wonder if you’d eaten healthier,
exercised more and been less stressed, would you be where you are today?

13. I wish I’d taken more risks.

Everyone has their own idea of what’s risky, but you know when you’re living too much in
your comfort zone. In hindsight, some people feel they missed out on a lot of adventure life has to offer.

14. I wish I’d had more time.

Many people say time speeds up as we age. The six weeks of summer holidays we had as kids
certainly seemed to last a lifetime. If time speeds up, then it’s even more important to make the most of every moment.

15. I wish I hadn’t worried so much.

If you’ve ever kept a diary and looked back, you’ll probably wonder why you ever got so worked up over a particular issue.

16. I wish I’d appreciated ___ more.

The consequences of taking people for granted are always hard to deal with.

17. I wish I’d spent more time with my family.

Some people get caught up with work, move to other parts of the world, grow old with grudges
against family members only to realize their priorities were in the wrong place.

18. I wish I hadn’t taken myself so seriously.

Life is just more fun when you can laugh at yourself.

19. I wish I’d done more for other people.

Doing things for others just makes life more meaningful.

20. I wish I could have felt happier.

The realization that happiness is a state of mind that you can control sometimes doesn’t occur to people until it’s too late.

Source:

[url]http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/20-things-people-regret-the-most-before-they-die........i plan on livin forever so far so gud...

1 Like

Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by bionicdude(m): 5:34pm On Oct 28, 2013
see how nairaland is dry today.no wonder people like mr olodo have all d tym in d world 2 show their own variant of madness
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by Lilchilz(m): 5:43pm On Oct 28, 2013
ATMC: mr olodo y r yhu like this

mr olodo y r yhu like this

sence warrior
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by OlufemiAbbey(m): 5:44pm On Oct 28, 2013
I pray you won't have "I wish I had accepted Christ as Lord"

1 Like

Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by ITbomb(m): 6:02pm On Oct 28, 2013
Any relationship between this Olodo menace and Nairaland behavior these few hours
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by odehaj: 6:06pm On Oct 28, 2013
Bob Marley's last words were 'Money can't buy life'."
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by cdekj(m): 6:41pm On Oct 28, 2013
Cause for reflection
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by habiolah(m): 7:08pm On Oct 28, 2013
How come nobody has reported these people that escaped from Yaba Left? They are freely roaming nland o. Mr 'wetin him call himself sef'

To topic,
man is simply too forgetful, many of us are aware of these things, yet we stumble at them. May God help us.
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by Sagamite(m): 7:26pm On Oct 28, 2013
By and large, based on the list, it seems I would die without regrets.
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by ACM10: 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2013
Bookmarked! I think I should scale down my work schedule to create more time for myself.
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 28, 2013
Michaellegend:
Sir, are you ok?

My God!! I didnt think there was an even bigger fool than Mr. Olodo on NL until you quoted the rubbish he wrote just to ask him if he was ok.
My question now to you is 'Sir, are you an olodo?' angry
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by ayoku777(m): 7:52pm On Oct 28, 2013
bluejeff: So in essence this thread is created for dead people abi ? undecided

No, 'about to die' people. grin
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 28, 2013
@op, do you mean regret on a sick bed or at old age? It's commonly known that no one knows when he/she is going to die. When did people start regretting because they know their time of death. Define your 'before they die'.
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by hemartins(m): 8:26pm On Oct 28, 2013
I'm happy for the things i have done and still happy for the things i didn't do.
I hate regrets.
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by expensive007(m): 8:44pm On Oct 28, 2013
Ok!
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by Aliki(m): 8:57pm On Oct 28, 2013
Life is not a bed of roses...nobody can live a perfect life, esppecially in Africa, you're faced with challeges evryday. We'll always have one regret or the other not only at the end of ones life, but throughout life. The human sppirit is never satisfied!

However, the issues listed above is worth pondering over...nice one!
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by Aliki(m): 8:58pm On Oct 28, 2013
Life is not a bed of roses...nobody can live a perfect life, esppecially in Africa, you're faced with challeges evryday. We'll always have one regret or the other not only at the end of ones life, but throughout life. The human spirit is never satisfied!

However, the issues listed above is worth pondering over...nice one!
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by Burger01(m): 9:25pm On Oct 28, 2013
Michaellegend:
Sir, are you ok?
Sir, are too OK? Must you quote that Mr Olodo's lengthy stupid post?

I tire for Nairaland o. Lord have mercy.

sad
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by xreal: 9:40pm On Oct 28, 2013
@ OP
Are you saying these out of experience?
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by blackrules1(m): 9:48pm On Oct 28, 2013
ITbomb: Any relationship between this Olodo menace and Nairaland behavior these few hours

Yes, and that is ASUU strike.
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by Rejoice5000(f): 10:10pm On Oct 28, 2013
beejaay:

am sure u are the one that is not ok for copying the whole damn tin
Copying your foolishness. Anumanu
Re: Things People Regret Before They Die by donem: 11:12pm On Oct 28, 2013
usmsam:

My God!! I didnt think there was an even bigger fool than Mr. Olodo on NL until you quoted the rubbish he wrote just to ask him if he was ok.
My question now to you is 'Sir, are you an olodo?' angry
Shai! Nairaland. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thank You For Making Nairaland Forum Great (My Message To 1 Million Members) / 10 Kinds Of People You Would Find At A Fighting Scene! (PHOTOS) / Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.