Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? (43633 Views)

A Car With Ankara Paint / Starting A Car With AC On: Good Or Bad Practice? / What Happens To The Petrol In Your Car With Mechanics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by Arabs999: 2:42pm On Feb 19, 2016
When such a thing happens again, if the vehicle has remote control, then u are lucky. All you have to do is to call someone in ur house to locate the spare remote, then ask him/her to press the unlock while holding it very very close to his handset, again, while u on your part will equally stand very very close to ur vehicle. Like magic, ur car will be unlocked instantly. Please share this trick. it works like charm.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by Adexwalero: 2:46pm On Feb 19, 2016
I was in that situation last week luckily for me it happen very close to the guy that use to open it for people of that situation, he use the screwdriver to open the upper part off the door nd insert the long curve iron to unlock the door honestly I have been try to avoid these not knowing it's going to be eassy as that I think is the best option instead of braking the glass
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by missjahiniekpe(f): 2:47pm On Feb 19, 2016
I have experienced it twice but got lucky because my car is automatic with central lock. I used a long rod, but slim. Pushed it in from the drivers seat to the lock of the car, and then bend it slightly to push the lock up, i got lucky and it opened but scratch the car abit... Just by the drivers seat.
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by 9jatatafo(m): 2:48pm On Feb 19, 2016
Had such experience last 2 years and the panel beater removed the rubber sealing on the driver's side of the glass by the door and folded binding wire in L shape and drove it then twisted and hooked the door lock and pulled up, bammm! The door was opened.
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 19, 2016
I have experienced it before, it took me time to open it myself because my phone, handbag...everything was inside. I was also home alone.

After opening it that day, I don't think it can ever take me more than 10minutes to open any car again, if the right TOOLS are available.
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by dandollaz: 2:51pm On Feb 19, 2016
doofanc:
I have been in such situations b4 and its not funny at all. the remote system in my car is such dat it locks automatcally once key in d ignition.

i was travelling and stepped out to ease myself and left d door open but somehow, whether its breeze something, the door just shut while and locked. mmeen i weak no be small. everything was inside d car.

luckily i was able to get a pamel beater and can u blive it didnt take him more than 10 mimutes to disable the lock. i shock no be small.
urs is hand of God,if u heard moved without what happen something will happen.smtimes we pray for God sign in journey
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by ChynoBEATS: 2:53pm On Feb 19, 2016
dgitrader:
I am hundreds of miles away from home, about to roundup and return on a journey of 8hrs early next morning by 7am.
My keys mistakenly locked inside my car,(2004accord>winkits radio is on but very low volume, its 8pm and no help in sight. What do i do? I ponder on two options......
1. Get panelbeaters by 8am to hack the door(risk drianing my battrry and leaving late too) or
2. Break the smallest glass window of the car and gain access?

Option 1 is most likely now as time is fast running out, but if u find urself in same condition,, what will your do??

If the car has a sunroof I'd probably break it cheesy....
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 19, 2016
So Virtually everyone here has a
car? Okay oo
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by ASHAKA1(m): 3:05pm On Feb 19, 2016
dunkem21:
grin One of the reasons I bought Keke wink
hahahaahahahahaha bros ur own erh,lolz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by justi4jesu(f): 3:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
faustinalove:
car? Okay oo

Get used to Nairaland grin grin
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by justi4jesu(f): 3:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
faustinalove:
car? Okay oo

Get used to Nairaland grin grin
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by Greatidonis: 3:16pm On Feb 19, 2016
Some of you guys are using outdated cars, modern and state of the art rides don't lock if the key is inside. It will give you a funny alarm. Unless it's on the move and your inside.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by 100Cents: 3:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
repogirl:
That is one of my greatest fears, so I never have.

But my neighbour once did, she even left the engine running. She had to contact a panel beater to open the door.

You no suppose comment..

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by babamadiba(m): 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
See u see ur key, u cant fit do nothing! It can be so annoying.
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by Kbworld: 3:22pm On Feb 19, 2016
simply call a road side panel beater, within 2min they will remove d key without breaking ur glass.
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by repogirl(f): 3:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
100Cents:

You no suppose comment..
sue me.
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by tuoyoojo(m): 3:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
choi

My own happened yesterday o

I was washing my car and i left the key on the seat by mistake . before i could say Oghenegalome Amaju , i just heard the car lock by it self.

I had my house key ,my wallet and everything in the car.

Na so i start waka o

I walked almost like two kilometers to one panel beater by 7.40 am. the place as expected as empty , i called the bros, he said he was at a very far place....i just weak like dodo.

I walked to anoda mechanic , collected a panel beater's number only to find out it was the previous guy i called.

I was like this is devil working at molecular level

As i was trekking back home, I now remembered I didn't lock the main door, just the protector.

I just saw on welder by my house and asked him to come help me cut the padlock.

In just three minutes and with five hundred bucks the deal was done....(i come dey reason,na God dey help person finally o, just three minutes them don cut padlock sharply)

Na so i come enter house , use the spare key open door o

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by babamadiba(m): 3:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
adenitemi:
Twice now grin

First time, had to find a panel beater who stuck a strong but thin rod inside and meticulously pushed it in till he was able to unlock from the lock buttons on the driver's side.

Second time, I had to watch this video posted below and used the technique! Easy Peasy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YJzpaz0tmw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YJzpaz0tmw
thanks bro. Av learnt from the video
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by ashewoboy(m): 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
Repogirl, so you get car? Oya, come pick me for my house make we go cruise town.
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by repogirl(f): 3:29pm On Feb 19, 2016
ashewoboy:
Repogirl, so you get car? Oya, come pick me for my house make we go cruise town.
and who will babysit my children while we are cruising town? I no get house help.
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by lekanolaolu: 3:33pm On Feb 19, 2016
Arabs999:
When such a thing happens again, if the vehicle has remote control, then u are lucky. All you have to do is to call someone in ur house to locate the spare remote, then ask him/her to press the unlock while holding it very very close to his handset, again, while u on your part will equally stand very very close to ur vehicle. Like magic, ur car will be unlocked instantly. Please share this trick. it works like charm.

Yes. Was about suggesting it too. You can try it. It works!
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by ashewoboy(m): 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2016
repogirl:
and who will babysit my children while we are cruising town? I no get house help.

Awwww, caring mother.
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by MDMDSA: 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2016
Try to force the glass of the door down and get an iron to push the pin down or get a panel beater to do it for you,this happen to me recently, but i push the glass of the door down.
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by spencekat(m): 3:48pm On Feb 19, 2016
Siena:
I've been locked out of my old '01 Audi S8 Quattro. I had the engine running, and got out to open the trunk. Unfortunately, the driver's door started to swing shut, I leaned in through the half open window to stop it, and hit the lock button. It activated the Total Closure, which of course wound the window up!

So I was stuck with my car parked in a public car lot, and a running engine. I had a spare key at home, but leaving the car with the engine running wasn't an option. I had to call a close friend, who drove up in her car, and stayed with mine while I got a taxi home to grab the spare.

Just a word of caution here - for those giving write-ups on how they bust into their cars, using anything but the key, you're also giving tips to burglars on how to get into your car too! Caution is the keyword here, I would edit your posts.
Caution seconded by Spencekat.
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by johnshagb(m): 3:53pm On Feb 19, 2016
2013 thread making front page in 2016 Issokay
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by smartigo: 3:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
Happened to me once but I was lucky becos I just parked the car in a street. I was so carried away when I saw a fren n wanted to get across hurrily to him. Na panel beater come do am the next day ooo.

I learned never to repeat such by double checking n carrying a spare in my pocket. grin
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by emenideen(m): 4:07pm On Feb 19, 2016
jodeci:
I was in this situation a couple of weeks back what i did was to:

1:Look for a piece of flexible iron like rubber bucket or paint handle and straightened it.
2:I looked for a bar, or a strong metal with a small end.
3.I inserted the bar by the side of the front door from the Top,it was such a herculean task given that i was being careful not to break the glass
4.I applied force,and was able to create a little opening and then i tried to force the flexible iron (that's the bucket handle) through the opening,here is another challenge,the rubber strip around the door prevented the iron piece from going in.

I kept trying and eventually succeeded and i then push the iron toward the automatic unlock button drivers or passengers side,u will decide depending on the length of the rod.

i succeeded in locating the auto button on the drivers door and eureka the door opened and the alarm started its work,waking everyone around that neighborhood.

But i have the transponder key and i inserted it into the door and the blast stopped.
It happened to me on 3 occasions in last four weeks, I took almost identical steps dat u did after seeing d mechanic do it d 2 previous occasions. It worked. tnx for being lucid in ur explanation. No do am for person car without permission.
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by symbianDON(m): 4:52pm On Feb 19, 2016
Arabs999:
have you tried it before? if yes, kindly share your experience
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by Authentic4life: 5:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
Had the same experience late last year. I travelled away from my base for a 3 days convention. I had same experience on day one and the distance from my base to my current location is about 150km.Since I cant start returning to base even though I have a spare at home. After trying different options which included trying to gain access from the booth, to no avail I had to look for the nearest Panelbeater to help my case.

I can tell you it was not a pleasant experience because it was my first time but I can tell you it was a big learning point!

dgitrader:
I am hundreds of miles away from home, about to roundup and return on a journey of 8hrs early next morning by 7am.
My keys mistakenly locked inside my car,(2004accord>winkits radio is on but very low volume, its 8pm and no help in sight. What do i do? I ponder on two options......
1. Get panelbeaters by 8am to hack the door(risk drianing my battrry and leaving late too) or
2. Break the smallest glass window of the car and gain access?

Option 1 is most likely now as time is fast running out, but if u find urself in same condition,, what will your do??
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by uchwar1: 5:30pm On Feb 19, 2016
Yes sure. But thanks for ashawo camry, every key goes
Re: Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 19, 2016
Happened to me twice, had no time to take my car to the car wash so I decided to do it myself. After washing the car I forgot my key inside, don't know what happened my car locked automatically
I called a friend of mine who apparently was pretty good at it cus he fell victim to such on daily basis...
Now here is what I learnt to avoid bin stuck but at your risk. I removed my plate number and hid the spare key behind it, used the bolt to tighten it. Whenever such happen u know what's next...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check Out This Weird Plate Number / FRSC Hilux Without Brake Lights, Who Will Make The Arrest? (Picture) / Why Did Nigeria Change From Righthand Drive To Lefthand Drive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.