Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries (10266 Views)

Cattle Spotted On BRT Lane In Lagos (Photos) / Lamata BRT Bus Kills Man At CMS Bridge (Graphics Pictures) / Cows On BRT Lane In Ikorodu Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 27, 2013
GeneralJ: Uneducated stupid brats, just like to say things without even thinking, ibos and yorubas, matter of fact i'm tired of all of you, why not just take up guns and juju and kill yourself, so that we don't have to hear about this ibo yoruba thing again, today is ibo tomoroww is yoruba, why can't you just be nigerians for fucking once, kill yourself so we don't have to have these tribalist shit going on, what is wrong with this world man. i'm tired of these tribalist people. No single thread can ever be run on this site without somebody blaming ibo or yoruba for thier daily life problems, why not become ghanian or cameroonian so that ibo and yoruba will not be in your life again. i don't understand the reason behind these people man i really don't... what do you gain for making fun of ibos and yorubas, any small thing ahh, you find a way to bring in a tribe into the conversation WHY WHY.. why not just come together for once and become Nigerians, why do you think Nigeria is the way it is today, because people are tribalistic...w hy not just get over the tribal shit...i mean you are all black, you are all africans, you are all Nigerians come together and work together SUTPID morons stop tribalism just FUCKING STOP

Believe me, study has shown that these tribalistic bigots are between the ages of 40 and near death. And the few youths that buy into their tribalistic ideas don't have proper basic education. Hence they can't reason on their own.

I am not surprised because of course a lot of people suffered from post traumatic stress disorder following the war.

I pray that they come out of their Yoruba/Igbo allergies so that we the Nigerian youths can live our lives in peace

5 Likes

Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by ponana(m): 11:59am On Oct 27, 2013
I heard the bRT scheme is being run by both the governement and private organisation, so they need to state categorically where they fall to avoid deliverying blames on the wrong door step.
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by chinanoni: 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2013
those tin of milk has been converted to cash and sent to tinubu's account. 75000 to 45000 abba , where the 30000 dey go. to many questions with no one to answer
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by nedu2000(m): 1:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
Dannylux: Is strike really the remedy to Nigerian problems? this is becoming embarrassing!! Every Body in Nigeria is resorting to strike action. pitiful.
do you have an alternative?

1 Like

Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by Turbocharged: 1:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
texazzpete:

Well, that's one way of looking at it.

Another one is to note that the BRT scheme has been on for over 4 years and the drivers admit in the OP that they are not used to salaries being delayed. In other words, for most of the time, their salaries have been paid promptly on the 25th of every month. I daresay this is better than what happens in many agencies and ministries of the FG's Civil Service. Not sure why Fashola is now being knocked for this by you.

That aside, I fully support their right and decision to strike to press their claims. Salaries are every worker's right...and must be paid as agreed, as at when due. This new 'senior staff' should be probed and brought to book if the allegations are correct.

for the bolded:
The problem Nigeria is experiencing today comes from people like you who see the truth and try to cover it or shift blames.
Here we are talking about people who are been shortchanged by an administration and you are here pointing fingers without even addressing they matter thoroughly.
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CUT IN THEIR SALARY.? Into whose account is the difference going?

1 Like

Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by IfyAwazie(f): 1:53pm On Oct 27, 2013
[/quote] Are they planing it or they've already done it?
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by Jorussia(m): 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2013
awodman:
The rest is going to Tinubu's account..you guys should take heart,You know APC needs alot of fund to successfully pursue this Anambara Governorship
how did u knw its going to tinubus acct?why are u being speculative.
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by lannre(m): 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2013
so they cant pay the 30,000 for struggling driver ! oga oh
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by Toksytoks(m): 2:42pm On Oct 27, 2013
Blue BRT buses are directly under the control of NURTW. It's becoming silly and stupid for people to associate or link everything to Tinubu.
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by gidig(m): 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2013
How everything becomes tribalistic on nairaland these days beats me. The Blue BRT is not run by the Govt. Get your facts right! Its the Red LAGBUS buses that are run by an agency of the Lagos State Government. I have been disappointed by the maintenance of the blue bus and their services are becoming poorer by the day.
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by Jaideyone(m): 3:11pm On Oct 27, 2013
A-ZeD:

No Fashola is not responsible for what happens in a private enterprise

Yes Tinubu and Fashola also own all the bukas at Surulere and Yaba along with all hair dressing saloons at Oshodi.
are U minding those phools? They'll never understand no matter how much you explain. Fashola and tinubu are responsible for all their family problems.
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by eaglechild: 3:22pm On Oct 27, 2013
These are the incompetent party members some peeps want to entrust the fate of this country to.

Champion at owing salaries.
Leaving hundreds of workers with families to support stranded.

Leaving pensioners to die without pay.

Leaving the poor masses to pay for passage through wooden bridges owned by Sherlock omualabis, while milking the unfortunate middle class via exorbitant toll fees, enriching themselves in the process.

Yet they have all the time to orchestrate witch hunting of innocent women.

May all Nigerians stand up against this corrupt party and expunge it.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by iwoh4: 3:53pm On Oct 27, 2013
NA WA ooo so every tin nw n Lagos s strike. pls ooo let food NT go on strike ooo
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by ceejay80s(m): 4:32pm On Oct 27, 2013
greatgod2012: But sincerely, when are we going to get to the real accountability level in this country, ordinary #45,000
u call 45k ordinary?
Some dey collect 18k minimum wage per month
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by ceejay80s(m): 4:39pm On Oct 27, 2013
1st
Dannylux: Is strike really the remedy to Nigerian problems? this is becoming embarrassing!! Every Body in Nigeria is resorting to strike action. pitiful.

2nd
nedu2000: do you have an alternative?

3rd WAR
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by Decryptor(m): 5:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
A-ZeD:

The BRT blue buses are run by the union not the Government. Common sense ain't really common.
And who do you think is remotely controlling the "union" you mentioned? Peter Obi??

1 Like

Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by Decryptor(m): 5:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
A-ZeD:

Yes Tinubu and Fashola also own all the bukas at Surulere and Yaba along with all hair dressing saloons at Oshodi.
It's very possible!
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by badesco(m): 5:54pm On Oct 27, 2013
Guys be patient afterall Eko oni baje now......
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by anonimi: 5:59pm On Oct 27, 2013
Pattey: Comments reserved until the management counters these claims. . . Fight for your rights, but be sure you're actually right. I hope this is resolved soon; Xmas is upon us cheesy

Indeed Xmas and other festive periods will be a good time for these drivers/workers to go on strike for MAXIMUM impact and pressure on government to intervene and resolve their problem.
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by GentleMimi: 6:16pm On Oct 27, 2013
GeneralJ: Uneducated stupid brats, just like to say things without even thinking, ibos and yorubas, matter of fact i'm tired of all of you, why not just take up guns and juju and kill yourself, so that we don't have to hear about this ibo yoruba thing again, today is ibo tomoroww is yoruba, why can't you just be nigerians for fucking once, kill yourself so we don't have to have these tribalist shit going on, what is wrong with this world man. i'm tired of these tribalist people. No single thread can ever be run on this site without somebody blaming ibo or yoruba for thier daily life problems, why not become ghanian or cameroonian so that ibo and yoruba will not be in your life again. i don't understand the reason behind these people man i really don't... what do you gain for making fun of ibos and yorubas, any small thing ahh, you find a way to bring in a tribe into the conversation WHY WHY.. why not just come together for once and become Nigerians, why do you think Nigeria is the way it is today, because people are tribalistic...w hy not just get over the tribal shit...i mean you are all black, you are all africans, you are all Nigerians come together and work together SUTPID morons stop tribalism just FUCKING STOP
You have spoken beautifully well,but believe u me,this is just mere words to most members of NL...because most are children without any life experience.From their mother's womb to a sheltered life.Its disheartening.I weep for this country.Future leaders indeed.I think its high time we carried out age/mentality screening on this forum!!!
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by nedu2000(m): 6:39pm On Oct 27, 2013
ceejay80s: 1st

2nd

3rd WAR
so they fight d war but still work or they go on strike as well as go 2 war wink
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by dcitizen1: 6:40pm On Oct 27, 2013
tribalism and ethnicity have come to stay in nigeria but the right change of oreintation, true nationalism and restructure of nigeria will help to solve the problem head on.

It is sad that we are divided in the line of ethnicty and religion . The truth must be told dat the root causes of ethnicty or tribalism are injustice, lack of equity , fairness and insincerity. Can we really say that we are one in this country? If we are truly one, why deportation frm state to state, why quota system of government, why indigene and settler dichotomy, why forming a political party on tribal line? Why imposed a person as a market leader?. These are unhealthy factors dat divide us the more instead of uniting us.

We may pretend the ethnicity or tribalism donot exist but it does exist in high places even in government. Take lagos as a casestudy, i expect diversity to be in the ministries or agencies in lagos state because of the cosmopilitcan nature of the state and being a former capital; but what is on ground is the contrary. How many other tribes are represented in agencies like lasma, lawma, kai, lagos internal revenue service, which are created and run by the tax payers money from all tribes in nigeria. If diversity cannot be in such sensitive agencies, somebody, somewhere is playing the highwire or macarba scripts of tribalism, becos fair percentage of setllers in lagos are citizens by birth.

If you are putting it to me that u are a detribalised nigeria, then support the following: accepted the citizenship by birth, competition, restructuring of their nigeria state on the basis of fairness, equity and justice. democracy is about representation and constituency. The situation where some region have at most 7 states while one region has five states, is an injustice of the highest order and a murder of human conscience. The earlier we correct this social ills dat are fast tearing our society apart, the better for us all. But we cannot play an ostrich by burying our head in the sand and pretend dat nobody is seeing us.
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by Rossikk(m): 6:48pm On Oct 27, 2013
Where is Agbameta?
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by babaowo: 7:15pm On Oct 27, 2013
iamswizz: tribalism exists only on nairaland... Believe me.
....yes you right its only on nairaland....
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by dcitizen1: 7:16pm On Oct 27, 2013
@ generalj,

I persoanlly feel ur pain of tribalism but i wish tribalism could vanish in nigeria. But, sadly, it has come to stay. if wishes were horses, human will ride on it. Tribalism has taken deep root in nigeria. It started in 1959 but i didnot need to bore u with the activities dat happened in 1959 bt action group and ncnc. Dat was the genesis of tribalism in nigeria

Most prominenet figure in nigeria have made idols of ethnicity but anybody who try to down play it is regarded as outcast. Go and ask the zik of african his challenges and success of being a true and detribalised nationalists in the grave.

Sadly tribalism as deadly as it is has found rear its ugly head in the citadel of higher learning, u heard me, tertiary education. It is difficult for u to become a vice chancellor or rector outside ur region no matter ur level of ingenuity and sagacity. University of benin is a new casestudy where somebody has benefited frm tribalism. So, tribalism is even an elitist thing. I wonder why we are not having the replica of kenneth dike of this world, the first ingenious vice chanlcellor of univ of ibadan and the founder of national archive despite being an igboman, i also wonder why we are not having the replica of eni njoku of this world, the first vice chancellor of univ of lagos and a first class material frm university of manchester.

We have even export tribalism to advanced countries of the world. it is fashionable hearing highly educated nigerians in the dispora saying i am nigeria of yoruba decent, i am nigeria of igbo descent or i am nigeria of fulani descent to get cheap popularity for their own tribes.

we need to return to our glorious days where merit is placed above sentiment and redefined what it takes to be nigerian and down play tribalism in all its entirely .
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by creativino: 10:44pm On Oct 27, 2013

Shut up u fulani man! Who ask u to comment?
Mtcheeew!!!
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by Tayeni(m): 10:53pm On Oct 27, 2013
creativino:

Mtcheeew!!!
creatinivo u are a cretin!
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by GentleMimi: 5:53pm On Oct 28, 2013
creativino:

Mtcheeew!!!
The same person who asked YOU to comment!
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by kolamilan(m): 5:46am On Oct 29, 2013
45 what ?
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by liquidsnake: 6:32am On Oct 29, 2013
A-ZeD:

The BRT blue buses are run by the union not the Government. Common sense ain't really common.

You must be naive to think "The Union" is democratic in its operations
I don't care if Tinubu is link to BRT or not. But don't let ur love for Tinubu make you sound stupid.

Peace!
Re: Lagos BRT Workers To Strike Over Unpaid Salaries by texazzpete(m): 11:30am On Oct 29, 2013
Turbocharged:

for the bolded:
The problem Nigeria is experiencing today comes from people like you who see the truth and try to cover it or shift blames.
Here we are talking about people who are been shortchanged by an administration and you are here pointing fingers without even addressing they matter thoroughly.
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CUT IN THEIR SALARY.? Into whose account is the difference going?

The lamentable thing is that if only you had paid attention to your studies when your community scraped together funds to educate you, you'd have seen that my last paragraph condemns the salary delay and salary cut and called for a probe into the issue.

I suggest you work hard on your ability to comprehend written English.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Christmas Message To Nairalanders By Jasonscoolari. / Top 10 Most Beautiful Nairaland Girls / Lagos Government Launches Mobile Court For Traffic Environmental Offenders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.