Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested (31085 Views)

DSS Detains Ex-colonel Over Boko Haram / 128 Killed In Yobe Boko-Haram Attack / Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe B’haram Attacks Is Arrested By Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Adonis4u: 12:28pm On Oct 27, 2013
kshowhanif: mr man, our military are running out of men. My frnd, a soldier told me pointblank that this boko haram guys are massively killing the soldiers. He says that the are 500 posted to borno, but they are less than 10 that came back alive. If you feel that the nigerian arm forces should continue the fight with boko haram rather than dialogue, pls endevour to by the form for the next intake into nigerian army.

Oh My Head! Are you for real? This is really getting out of hand!

1 Like

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Osama10(m): 12:28pm On Oct 27, 2013
The Govt knows all those behind bokoharam but I don't underrstand the hesitation in dealing with them rather than chasing shadows.

How do weapons enter this country?
What is the customs doing?
What is the navy doing?

Everyday I see the NAF doing their daily air patrols in Port harcourt, can't this same patrols be extended to Borno/Yobe states?

1 Like

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by LBT: 12:35pm On Oct 27, 2013
kshowhanif: mr man, our military are running out of men. My frnd, a soldier told me pointblank that this boko haram guys are massively killing the soldiers. He says that the are 500 posted to borno, but they are less than 10 that came back alive. If you feel that the nigerian arm forces should continue the fight with boko haram rather than dialogue, pls endevour to by the form for the next intake into nigerian army.
What a great lie! Boko haram do not have the capability to kill Nigerian military in large numbers; all they do is use insider sources and take advantage of loop holes. If soldiers are being killed like you said then the whole north would be Boko haram republic by now! God forbid, rather boko haram members are being killed in large number that is being declared to the public because of public and international out cry but they boko boys being muslims that believe if they die fighting they go straight to their heaven and are giving large number of virgin to bang! Have a huge population of people from all over the muslim world to recruit from, that's why they keep coming back; was america with all her military might able to defeat islamist in iraq or Afghanistan?

2 Likes

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by kinguwem: 12:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
Wsdm: I pity the poor Nigerian army been killed everyday for an ungrateful country called Nigeria.
An ideological war have never been won through the gun, so Jonathan's method is archaic.
This war already have many faces;
* The boko haram boys,
* Those fighting back at the military for killing their innocent love ones,
* Those fighting the atrocities perpetrated by the military and
* The Ehejirika/Jonathan's political agenda.
What is your suggestion? Negotiations! The Israelis & Americans are experts in fighting terrorism. They don't negotiate with them, they take them down.

1 Like

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 27, 2013
There is a reasn y GEJ went against the norm to make a non-northerner d army chief, there is a reasn y Ihejirika is & wld b one of d longest serving service chiefs in our recent history. You guys who think GEJ is a m.umu are on a very lng thng, d guy is smart, very smart. God knws what wld hv happend 2Nigeria by nw if a yoruba or hausa man were d army chief. &som may argue that the Chief of Defence staff(CDS) is d most superior officer in d defence hierarchy, the truth is that except the CDS is in the army, the CDS is mainly ceremonial as the most senior army officer is usually the most powerful. In terms of national & presidential security, the most senior army officer (COAS) & the Commander of the Guards are the most important, they are usually the presidents staunchest loyalists, those he cn trust with hez life. Thereafter we cn talk abt the CDS, DG SSS & NSA.
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Lordlexyy: 1:04pm On Oct 27, 2013
Omexonomy: I believe most people from south west who are far away from the spoils of BH are always praying day and night to see BH succed against gej.
If jtf killes BH in any combat you will see this people crying and shouting than the northerners.
If bh kills jtf they will use it as a rallying point to spite and insult gej .
I want somebody to convince me that 13 volts is not a westerner.
You need to grow up. Must every national issue of importance be turn into an avenue for tribal war? How would any right thinking man expresses joy over killing of our military men? Something obviously must be wrong with you. Unless you provide link to support your alleged accusation, i will rather take you as an unserious person.

1 Like

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 27, 2013
Osama10: The Govt knows all those behind bokoharam but I don't underrstand the hesitation in dealing with them rather than chasing shadows.

What is the navy doing?

Everyday I see the NAF doing their daily air patrols in Port harcourt, can't this same patrols be extended to Borno/Yobe states?
my broda politics is nt engineering or rocket science, GEJ has to weigh doing the right thng against national stability. When you hear of d word 'cabal', its more powerful than what WebsterDictionary says of it, smtimes they are capable of unseating the president of a country(any country) if he doesnt play hez politics wisely. They wld hv bn thr b4 d president & wld b thr afta d president. OBJ knew of G-83 bt did nxt to nthng abt them. He knew all those who stole&were stealing money in hez regime bt he dared nt touch some. Beyond what we read in the dailies & blogs, the world behind d scene is greater than that which we see. Have you wondered why Sen AliNdume is stil making laws for us till 2mao?

1 Like

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by adanny01(m): 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2013
The killed lieutenant was my friends room mate while both were in training at NDA.

May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by ollyboi123(m): 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
[quote author=Austine.E]...its obvious that the politics of Nigeria,sectional interest,APC-G7- PDP struggle are all influencing the war on terrorism in this damned country,in view of comments made by some people in this forum,it shows that some Nigerians will be happier if BokoHaram succeeds just to spite on GEJ or just to prove he has failed.A retired colonel was caught in the act and rather than comment on the import of this great strive by JTF,some dimwits are here defending 13volts,a perceived boko haram E-mole planted to garner sympathy from social-media with different monikers!....I thank God that a top gun has been caught,He must be made to sing,all forms of pyschological turture must be employed in this case,water boarding,sleep deprivation,psycho-loud-music system included!we must get to root of this national embarrassment called boko haram.[/quot

I like Nigeria but this is just too much for us ... The corruption And greedy leaders are just to much for us to wish for better days .. We have all failed dis nation out minds are corrupt so I say we break God bless Yoruba land
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by ocelot2006(m): 1:38pm On Oct 27, 2013
bcomputer101: That Ex-colonel should face court martial.

This is my Judgment: please go and castrate him and throw his balls to dog.

He can't face court marshal. He has ALREADY been discharged, hence the "Ex".
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by lastmessenger: 1:54pm On Oct 27, 2013
Resource control will help us.the day abuja becomes less attractive is the day that Nigeria will know peace.THE BH war is beyond religion,it is a fight for power.remove that power from abuja by making states to have total control of their resources and naija will be peaceful.Lets stop living a lie.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by kb83(m): 2:11pm On Oct 27, 2013
D monstros ex colnel shud b shot and all Ex military officers shud b put on surveillance
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Fhemmmy: 2:16pm On Oct 27, 2013
Osama10: The Govt knows all those behind bokoharam but I don't underrstand the hesitation in dealing with them rather than chasing shadows.

What is the navy doing?

Finally, we are starting to reason like people that really wanna see a solution.
Customs and all border patrols are busy collecting money on importation of legal goods.... Sad!

1 Like

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Fhemmmy: 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2013
olrotimi: my broda politics is nt engineering or rocket science, GEJ has to weigh doing the right thng against national stability. When you hear of d word 'cabal', its more powerful than what WebsterDictionary says of it, smtimes they are capable of unseating the president of a country(any country) if he doesnt play hez politics wisely. They wld hv bn thr b4 d president & wld b thr afta d president. OBJ knew of G-83 bt did nxt to nthng abt them. He knew all those who stole&were stealing money in hez regime bt he dared nt touch some. Beyond what we read in the dailies & blogs, the world behind d scene is greater than that which we see. Have you wondered why Sen AliNdume is stil making laws for us till 2mao?

That is only so cos he has dined with them, they had sponsored him into power and he has no choice than to dance to whatever music they are playing for him, I wish and pray that one day - Things will change but for now, we ave to enjoy the fruit of our mind and stupidity cry
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by darelar(m): 2:29pm On Oct 27, 2013
why not mentionn the name of the army officer bcoshe is enemy of the nation

1 Like

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by AkoloPeters(m): 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2013
Dat's hausa man for you. Always fighting d wrong cause. Anyway they're getting fund from outside.
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by mrperfect(m): 3:06pm On Oct 27, 2013
When would all these end?
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by saintgwizard(m): 3:13pm On Oct 27, 2013
kshowhanif:
This is my view & believe, & i stand to be corrected. I strongly believe that deploying the entire nigerian armforces to fight boko haram is illogical, the bloodshed can be averted be embracing dialogue. I know many people will say boko haram reject, but the fact is that fg are not sincere.
Numerous mistake's was made by the NPF in handling the issue when it started. 1)they should have never kill muhammad yusuf for any reason, killing a leader of any sect, more especially a religion sect is disastrous. 2)it is their responsibility to spread their agents to get intelligent report, they have not been doing their job well.

Killing BH leader was not the root cause of the problem, but the mistake selfish politicians made in making a case out of his death. BH today is not an ofspring of yusuf, but northern political thugs who hijacked the situation to make the country ungovernable, after they have been made to believe that returning power to the north is a declaring from above and as such should see It happens at all cost.

1 Like

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 27, 2013
mrperfect: When would all these end?
@ d secnd coming of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by willyray(m): 3:19pm On Oct 27, 2013
bout time
[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Longman313(m): 3:56pm On Oct 27, 2013
atlwireles: be right back searching for 13volts
baba?honestly u are 2 funny
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Bukayot: 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2013
God wil expose al evil maker in nigeria
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Rexyl(m): 5:40pm On Oct 27, 2013
Omexonomy: I believe most people from south west who are far away from the spoils of BH are always praying day and night to see BH succed against gej.
If jtf killes BH in any combat you will see this people crying and shouting than the northerners.

Your observation might be wrong. Majority of the people there are not party to the evils of those brutes. Let there be mentioning of a name of anyone seeing to be working for and supporting them, you will see how such person will be bombarded and seriously dealt with, it would take the grace of God for life not be snuffed out of such person. May be your judgement is based on screen responses here which are not true summaries of the opinions of the majority of people of the South West.
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Rexyl(m): 5:44pm On Oct 27, 2013

What is the navy doing?

Responses of members arrested showed that the menace would be difficult to wipe out because the volunteers are brainwashed and they also get international backing esp from people spreading spreading errors about their faith. I believe any destruction in the name of God is an error of faith
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Wsdm: 6:21pm On Oct 27, 2013
kinguwem: What is your suggestion? Negotiations! The Israelis & Americans are experts in fighting terrorism. They don't negotiate with them, they take them down.
... And they later ran away from Iraq with all their arsenals. Americans are using carrot for some and stick for others. The same Alqaida they are hunting in the media, they are supplying weapons to fight Asad of Syria.

1 Like

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by kshowhanif: 6:50pm On Oct 27, 2013
kinguwem: What is your suggestion? Negotiations! The Israelis & Americans are experts in fighting terrorism. They don't negotiate with them, they take them down.
Why are u comparing america & nigeria? Americas have built sophisticated weapons, ranging from armoured vehicle which ordinary bomb cant destroy, to fast flying jet which can bomb the whole of abuja in less than 5minute , & nuclear weapons which was built 30yrs ago. Pls gej should negotian with this pple. I hate bloodshed, what ever anybody crime maybe, i donot thinks there is any justification to kill him.
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Danmas: 6:58pm On Oct 27, 2013
Austine.E:
...its obvious that the politics of Nigeria,sectional interest,APC-G7- PDP struggle are all influencing the war on terrorism in this damned country,in view of comments made by some people in this forum,it shows that some Nigerians will be happier if BokoHaram succeeds just to spite on GEJ or just to prove he has failed.A retired colonel was caught in the act and rather than comment on the import of this great strive by JTF,some dimwits are here defending 13volts,a perceived boko haram E-mole planted to garner sympathy from social-media with different monikers!....I thank God that a top gun has been caught,He must be made to sing,all forms of pyschological turture must be employed in this case,water boarding,sleep deprivation,psycho-loud-music system included!we must get to root of this national embarrassment called boko haram.
Its shame that some Nigerians like you, in spite of all the sufferings we experiance nd endure are been paid to depend the useless,senseless and selfish president, instead of him to use thesame money to fight corruption and insecurity. You and your fellows involve in these money driven campain have fail to make any reasonable contribution in this forum and other social media. Sentiment is written all over ur comments.I also saw your defence of aviation minister recently. U and your freinds should revise your coincence!
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Beync(f): 7:19pm On Oct 27, 2013
kshowhanif:
This is my view & believe, & i stand to be corrected. I strongly believe that deploying the entire nigerian armforces to fight boko haram is illogical, the bloodshed can be averted be embracing dialogue. I know many people will say boko haram reject, but the fact is that fg are not sincere.
Numerous mistake's was made by the NPF in handling the issue when it started. 1)they should have never kill muhammad yusuf for any reason, killing a leader of any sect, more especially a religion sect is disastrous. 2)it is their responsibility to spread their agents to get intelligent report, they have not been doing their job well.
Interesting. U mean the fg should breastfeed them with dialogue while the jihadist kill innocent people. Say bokoharam be who?
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by hardbody: 8:03pm On Oct 27, 2013
bcomputer101: That Ex-colonel should face court martial.

This is my Judgment: please go and castrate him and throw his balls to dog.

Court martial for discharged officer? Is that how it works? The man has become a bloody civilian and will be tried by the regular courts if the suspicions are held good.
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Danmas: 9:24pm On Oct 27, 2013
saintgwizard:

Killing BH leader was not the root cause of the problem, but the mistake selfish politicians made in making a case out of his death. BH today is not an ofspring of yusuf, but northern political thugs who hijacked the situation to make the country ungovernable, after they have been made to believe that returning power to the north is a declaring from above and as such should see It happens at all cost.
Bro its rediculus how you think and reason. How would someone kill his own pple in the name of making country ungovernable? Why cant they kill to win elections like the ruling party those. Think well!
saintgwizard:

Bro its rediculus how you think and reason. How would someone kill his own pple in the name of making country ungovernable? Why cant they kill to win elections like the ruling party those. Think well!
saintgwizard:

Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by Smooyis(m): 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2013
Excuse me. No one loves killings in the SW. Even our muslims here are not that callous to be supportive of a blood sucking group terrorising innocent Nigerians. Stop making tribal remarks and face the issue at hand.
Re: Ex-colonel Who Led Yobe Boko-haram Attacks Arrested by viviane: 10:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
pity the poor Nigerian army been killed everyday for an ungrateful country called Nigeria.
An ideological war have never been won through the gun, so Jonathan's method is archaic.
This war already have many faces;
* The boko haram boys,
* Those fighting back at the military for killing their innocent love ones,
* Those fighting the atrocities perpetrated by the military and
* The Ehejirika/Jonathan's political agenda

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari & Ahmed Indimi Name Their Son" Muhammad" after Their Fathers / Support My Father - Tinubu’s Daughter, Folashade Tells Nigerians / Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.