Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,968 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Are There Simply Too Many Humans On The Earth? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Are There Simply Too Many Humans On The Earth? (700 Views)

BBC!! The Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Total Darkness / UNBELIEVABLE!!!CAN THIS BE SEEN AMONG HUMANS ON Earth:BUT THIS HAPPENED (PHOTO) / 11 Satanists Attend Chelsea Game As Satanic Symbols Saturate The Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are There Simply Too Many Humans On The Earth? by saintvc(m): 12:47am On Oct 27, 2013
instead of saying "Is the world overpopulated?" I am going to ask if there are simply too many people. No beating around the bush, period.

I personally think the answer is yes. We are at a point where the simple reality is that in order for everybody to have first world standards of living, we would need four extra planets.

In the end the cold reality is as nigerian, I have what I have but there are simply not enough resources on the Earth for everybody to have what I have. I am but a realist who understands the limits of resources, and I think we will reach the breaking point population wise long before we achieve the technology where space colonization could become an alternative. Or the world simply "cleanses" itself when resource strain leads to mass famine and conflicts over resources simply kill a lot of people off. In other words I believe the Earth will correct this problem brutally and bluntly, unless we correct it gently.

Government funded access to contraception.
Mandatory sterilization of people convicted of certain crimes and temporary sterilization of anybody on the dole who already has at least one child.
First world nations should make foreign aid to third world nations contingent upon those nations setting up programs promoting contraception and in areas of great need fertility lowering drugs could be placed into wells.
Repeal all laws that are intended to protect people from themselves, helmet laws etc. This won't do much, but have a minor effect.
I am a Conservative to preserve all that is good in our constitution, a Radical to remove all that is bad.
Re: Are There Simply Too Many Humans On The Earth? by dasparrow: 6:53am On Oct 27, 2013
@Post

Yes there are way too many people on earth especially in Nigeria. The average Nigerian continues to breed like a darn rabbit when any intelligent human being with eyes can see that the resources are not there to cater to the growing population. Governors are telling corp members that they should go and create their own jobs because they cannot provide jobs for them yet the enabling environment is not there. Basic amenities like constant electricity and clean tap water are not readily available. These are amenities that people take for granted in the western world and in other parts of Africa. Anyways, Nigerians should keep breeding future kidnappers, r8pists, cultists, ashawos, paedophiles and scammers. What's my own business? When people grow up and have no jobs or opportunities to create employment for themselves, they become delinquents in the society and a nuisance to the world at large.

(1) (Reply)

Imo 2015: Arthur Nzeribe Writes Off Okorocha / FEAR OF EBOLA!!! Ebola Survivor Cause Commotion In Lagos Church! / Mega Church Pastors Who Fell To Adultery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.