Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Who Is The Best Current African President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Best Current African President? (793 Views)

Picture Of South African President Jacob Zuma Beating A Foreign African National / Jonathan Now The 6th Richest African President......hmmm / Who Will You Rate The Best Current Serving Governor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Best Current African President? by saintvc(m): 3:45pm On Oct 27, 2013
Who is your best african president?give reasons
Re: Who Is The Best Current African President? by heed101(m): 3:59pm On Oct 27, 2013
jonathan, he fights corruption physically n spiritually
Re: Who Is The Best Current African President? by EzePromoe: 4:02pm On Oct 27, 2013
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan!
Re: Who Is The Best Current African President? by heed101(m): 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2013
Eze Promoe: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan!
whats ur reasonangry
Re: Who Is The Best Current African President? by JMOI: 5:06pm On Oct 27, 2013
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan of Nigeria. He's the best thing that has happened to Nigeria since 1966.
Re: Who Is The Best Current African President? by Mynd44: 5:15pm On Oct 27, 2013
JMOI: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan of Nigeria. He's the best thing that has happened to Nigeria since 1966.
And I constantly remember how our dear GEJ sat back and did nothing while my people were being killed each day by Boko Haram in the north for months. How people were blown apart in Abuja and other northern states and he kept giving silly excuses.

I keep hearing of crazy alterations by this president and I look at the ASUU issue.

I look at the fuel subsidy removal where we were promise "palliative measures" no one has seen or heard of

I see his handing of these and a lot and I can't help but wonder if my people have lost it or we are just being governed by tribal sentiments.
Re: Who Is The Best Current African President? by JMOI: 5:23pm On Oct 27, 2013
Mynd_44:
And I constantly remember how our dear GEJ sat back and did nothing while my people were being killed each day by Boko Haram in the north for months. How people were blown apart in Abuja and other northern states and he kept giving silly excuses.

I keep hearing of crazy alterations by this president and I look at the ASUU issue.

I look at the fuel subsidy removal where we were promise "palliative measures" no one has seen or heard of

I see his handing of these and a lot and I can't help but wonder if my people have lost it or we are just being governed by tribal sentiments.
Compare this administration with that of Yaradua and OBJ and ask yourself if we've made progress or not.
Re: Who Is The Best Current African President? by Mynd44: 5:25pm On Oct 27, 2013
JMOI: Compare this administration with that of Yaradua and OBJ and ask yourself if we've made progress or not.
You need to define progress here please and notice that no one is comparing him with OBJ or Yar'adua. They are comparing him with other African leaders
Re: Who Is The Best Current African President? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 27, 2013
JMOI: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan of Nigeria. He's the best thing that has happened to Nigeria since 1966.

The 4billion food, 1.4 billion naira newspapers and journals, the multi million travelling allowance, the unemployment sagas, the subsidy scams, the failed promises of SURE-P, the failed promise of energy conserving bulbs free distribution.

Not forgetting the inceasant killings so far, isolation of sport loving Nigerians from international matches, the halting of Niger and Benues rivers dredging, the epileptic power.

How about the disintegration of the unity amongst the PDP faithfuls, the Amaechi saga. The increase in kidnapping, the huge security vote that has been going down the drain. His refusal to fire the minister who used the F word.

etc
Re: Who Is The Best Current African President? by Tolexander: 5:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
saintvc: Who is your best african president?give reasons
ASUU President
Re: Who Is The Best Current African President? by JMOI: 5:47pm On Oct 27, 2013
Mynd_44:
You need to define progress here please and notice that no one is comparing him with OBJ or Yar'adua. They are comparing him with other African leaders
Progress in terms of economic growth (foreign investment etc), freedom of speech, freedom of association, success in the sporting sector, rising profile on the international scene etc.
Re: Who Is The Best Current African President? by Mynd44: 5:59pm On Oct 27, 2013
JMOI: Progress in terms of
1)economic growth (foreign investment etc),
2) freedom of speech,
3) freedom of association,
4) success in the sporting sector,
5)rising profile on the international scene etc.
I took the liberty of numbering your points to help address them properly

1) The nigerian economy always had the capacity for growth once we move from oil to non-oil production. This has always being Ngozi Iweala's point since the presidency of OBJ and that was already there. Look at old business magazines and you would see that the Nigerian economy had always been inviting and attractive

2) That was a huge joke right? The Nigerian press (post military) has been one of the ones which are free. The GEJ administration did not bring it. OBJ was insulted on the pages of dailies like cray

3) same thing with 2. Who ever stopped you from associating?

4) That is just crap: what sports are you talking about? Look at out romance at the All African games which we hosted and the AFCON which we hosted too. Winning the AFCON does not mean we are better at sports. If you want to judge sports, use tournament that includes all sports. Take the Last Olympics for example where we did not win anything and make that statement again

5) GEJ did not do that, OBJ did. He was the one with the policy to improve the way Nigeria is perceived by the outside world. He vigorously pursued the rights of Nigerian outside and remember how Nigerian were evacuated from Iraq when the war started there. Also see how he was on the forefront of peace keeping which has and will continue to earn us respect. He was more involved i the AU and ECOWAS. Infact during his first term, his opponents said he spent more time outside Nigeria than in it

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Current African President? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 27, 2013
JMOI: Compare this administration with that of Yaradua and OBJ and ask yourself if we've made progress or not.
This is how Nigerian students fail English Language all the time. What has OBJ or Yar'Adua got to do with this topic?

You're a dunce!
Re: Who Is The Best Current African President? by EzePromoe: 6:50pm On Oct 27, 2013
heed101: whats ur reasonangry
Because he is the author of Fresh Air grin

(1) (Reply)

Cross-border Drug Tunnel Equipped With Rail System / Peter Obi Give New Ford Focus To Anambra Local Government Directors. / South Africa: Cheers Greet Mugabe While Zuma Was Booed At Mandela Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.