Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Did The Prophet (PBUH) Curse People Who Deal With Alcohol - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Did The Prophet (PBUH) Curse People Who Deal With Alcohol (3387 Views)

Did The Prophet Warn Us Of ISIS? / Aisha (RA) Married The Prophet (PBUH) At Age Nine. So What? / How Many Ghazwas Did Our Prophet Pbuh Participated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did The Prophet (PBUH) Curse People Who Deal With Alcohol by Logicbwoy: 6:09pm On Oct 27, 2013
I saw a post by a muslim on a thread about alcohol saying that the prophet cursed certain people who deal with alcohol

AbdH: Never try to justify the intake of alcohol @poster. www.nairaland.com/attachments/1381213_Alcohol_jpg0c73d00505a6d7143697810207fa63fb
https://www.nairaland.com/1493793/misconception-islam-alcohol-forbidden-all#19119479

Seriously? Why would anyone curse others because they do something that he forbids? Why? Would you curse someone that smokes or drinks? Is that a peaceful thing to do?
Re: Did The Prophet (PBUH) Curse People Who Deal With Alcohol by Skako(m): 6:16pm On Oct 27, 2013
Even in ur bible god cause jerusalm in jeremiah 13vs27
Re: Did The Prophet (PBUH) Curse People Who Deal With Alcohol by Logicbwoy: 9:29am On Oct 29, 2013
Skako: Even in ur bible god cause jerusalm in jeremiah 13vs27

1) I am not a christian
2) The prophet is not God
3) Is this what you preach? That all non-muslims that drink are cursed by the prophet?
4) Is number 3 a good thing?
Re: Did The Prophet (PBUH) Curse People Who Deal With Alcohol by AbdH: 3:46pm On Oct 29, 2013
Post your concerns in the right thread after all, you got this image from a particular thread.

1 Like

Re: Did The Prophet (PBUH) Curse People Who Deal With Alcohol by Logicbwoy: 4:14pm On Oct 29, 2013
AbdH: Post your concerns in the right thread after all, you got this image from a particular thread.

So that I will be banned on a frivolous ground of "derailing" that other thread?

Nothing stops you from answering my question here. Well, unless you have something to hide
Re: Did The Prophet (PBUH) Curse People Who Deal With Alcohol by AbdH: 7:39pm On Oct 30, 2013
Logicbwoy:

So that I will be banned on a frivolous ground of "derailing" that other thread?

Nothing stops you from answering my question here. Well, unless you have something to hide

Would I have posted the picture if I believed otherwise?
The question is rhetorical anyway.
Re: Did The Prophet (PBUH) Curse People Who Deal With Alcohol by LagosShia: 2:55pm On Nov 01, 2013
Logicbwoy: I saw a post by a muslim on a thread about alcohol saying that the prophet cursed certain people who deal with alcohol

https://www.nairaland.com/1493793/misconception-islam-alcohol-forbidden-all#19119479

Seriously? Why would anyone curse others because they do something that he forbids? Why? Would you curse someone that smokes or drinks? Is that a peaceful thing to do?

hello "boy", long time.

let us treat the aspect of "curse" in practical terms.in other words let us put the spiritual/hell fire dimension out of the way.

let us deal with the woes of drinking and smoking in society.state or list them.then ask yourself if those drinking and smoking are not cursed (in practical terms).

also,is there no freedom of speech? you allow and defend people to insult our Prophet (sa) under the excuse of "freedom".and you think he is not free to express the obvious about alcohol? where is your "freedom" Mr.Atheist?
Re: Did The Prophet (PBUH) Curse People Who Deal With Alcohol by Logicbwoy: 6:12am On Nov 02, 2013
LagosShia:

hello "boy", long time.

let us treat the aspect of "curse" in practical terms.in other words let us put the spiritual/hell fire dimension out of the way.

let us deal with the woes of drinking and smoking in society.state or list them.then ask yourself if those drinking and smoking are not cursed (in practical terms).

also,is there no freedom of speech? you allow and defend people to insult our Prophet (sa) under the excuse of "freedom".and you think he is not free to express the obvious about alcohol? where is your "freedom" Mr.Atheist?

Have you looked at the western countries that allow alcohol and compared it to the state of your islamic ones that dont?

Furthermore, dont you realise that Muhammad's ancestors drank alcohol? It is even mentioned that before the prophet, Arabs used to drink?

This is not about freedom of speech. People are free to say silly stuff. This is about pointing out the silly stuff
Re: Did The Prophet (PBUH) Curse People Who Deal With Alcohol by LagosShia: 12:02pm On Nov 02, 2013
Logicbwoy:

Have you looked at the western countries that allow alcohol and compared it to the state of your islamic ones that dont?

that is not the subject of our discussion.you are digressing. and you have not answered my question.what are the ills of alcohol consumption in practical terms that can make it to be classified as a "curse"?

countries that consume have their problems from alcohol consumption.not very long ago,in Russia you get paid for quitting alcohol.now whether the progress of an entire nation depends on drinking or not drinking is not my point, and also as stated it is not the subject of the discussion.i am talking on alcohol consumption as an individual and its negative effect on society at large.

you can say in a very narrow and simple manner that western countries have high rate of alcohol consumption and they are more advanced technologically than muslim countries.but is the alcohol what is driving their advancement? or is the lack of alcohol in muslim countries that is responsible for their backwardness? the matter is unrelated. however when it comes to problems caused by alcohol,you find them in western countries and their rate in muslim countries is low.you can consider accidents,suicides,depression,addiction,and health risks.

Furthermore, dont you realise that Muhammad's ancestors drank alcohol? It is even mentioned that before the prophet, Arabs used to drink?

and so? the arabs used to drink and Islam removed that curse from them.good? and please don't tell me the Prophet's (sa) father or grandfather used to drink because I will ask you for proof.

This is not about freedom of speech. People are free to say silly stuff. This is about pointing out the silly stuff

you are free to see it as you like.but don't question the right of others to say "silly stuff" if you consider it as such.you asked "why would he curse".its not your business.simple.
Re: Did The Prophet (PBUH) Curse People Who Deal With Alcohol by Logicbwoy: 4:36pm On Nov 02, 2013
LagosShia:

that is not the subject of our discussion.you are digressing. and you have not answered my question.what are the ills of alcohol consumption in practical terms that can make it to be classified as a "curse"?

countries that consume have their problems from alcohol consumption.not very long ago,in Russia you get paid for quitting alcohol.now whether the progress of an entire nation depends on drinking or not drinking is not my point, and also as stated it is not the subject of the discussion.i am talking on alcohol consumption as an individual and its negative effect on society at large.

you can say in a very narrow and simple manner that western countries have high rate of alcohol consumption and they are more advanced technologically than muslim countries.but is the alcohol what is driving their advancement? or is the lack of alcohol in muslim countries that is responsible for their backwardness? the matter is unrelated. however when it comes to problems caused by alcohol,you find them in western countries and their rate in muslim countries is low.you can consider accidents,suicides,depression,addiction,and health risks.

Drunken master- Jackie Chan **an actor's career blossomed into superstar due to the alcoholic film
Smirnoff (Diageo)- A company employing hundreds of people and worth 48.9 billion because it sells alcohol

The point is that alcohol contributes to the economy much more than it costs the economy. For every drunkard you have 9 other people that drink responsibly.

If those people were not drunkards, they would probably overdose on something else. Just like Nigerian rich muslim kids that have cocaine and codeine addictions.

Yes, I agree that this was not the original argument.....

LagosShia:
and so? the arabs used to drink and Islam removed that curse from them.good? and please don't tell me the Prophet's (sa) father or grandfather used to drink because I will ask you for proof.

So, the Arabs were a cursed people? Your ancestors were cursed because they drink? You do know that Nigerians were pagans before the Arabs and Europeans came?

Do you now see the ramifications of the curse?

LagosShia:
you are free to see it as you like.but don't question the right of others to say "silly stuff" if you consider it as such.you asked "why would he curse".its not your business.simple.

See how you contradict yourself? What about my freedom of speech? If someone has the right to say something, I have the right to question it.....we are both saying something....freedom of speech.
Re: Did The Prophet (PBUH) Curse People Who Deal With Alcohol by LagosShia: 5:06pm On Nov 02, 2013
Logicbwoy:

Drunken master- Jackie Chan **an actor's career blossomed into superstar due to the alcoholic film
Smirnoff (Diageo)- A company employing hundreds of people and worth 48.9 billion because it sells alcohol

those people (if they are qualified) can fend for themselves in better ways.they can add more value to society.if you think it is the alcohol doing them a favor of employment,then I can argue that alcohol is wasting their qualification and skills.they can instead add value to society in food production instead of production of intoxicating substances.

the example you pointed out can be one out of a million.i can state many more examples than you can pointing to the negative effect of alcohol and how it has shattered lives.

The point is that alcohol contributes to the economy much more than it costs the economy. For every drunkard you have 9 other people that drink responsibly.

you should ask families that have lost its members to alcoholism if their relatives are worth less than your economy!!! obviously to the religion of atheists,a human soul just a matter of plus or minus;plus one or minus one.and you what moral is it for you to measure lives with money? isn't therefore alcohol consumption immoral and a very bad habit?

If those people were not drunkards, they would probably overdose on something else. Just like Nigerian rich muslim kids that have cocaine and codeine addictions.

that is not of concern to me because Islam equally forbid all intoxicants.it is not like Islam forbids alcohol and permit other drugs.

Yes, I agree that this was not the original argument.....

as usual.you get your answer to your question and you further digress and bring up redherrrings.it reminds me of two other people on nairaland,only that those two happen to be muslims.

So, the Arabs were a cursed people? Your ancestors were cursed because they drink? You do know that Nigerians were pagans before the Arabs and Europeans came?

Do you now see the ramifications of the curse?

Holy Quran 4:135
"O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm in justice, witnesses for Allah , even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not [personal] inclination, lest you not be just. And if you distort [your testimony] or refuse [to give it], then indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted".

See how you contradict yourself? What about my freedom of speech? If someone has the right to say something, I have the right to question it.....we are both saying something....freedom of speech.

I did not say you should not question.i even answered your silly question.your question was built upon asking why would someone say something.
Re: Did The Prophet (PBUH) Curse People Who Deal With Alcohol by Logicbwoy: 5:22pm On Nov 02, 2013
Okay, LagosShia, I give up.

Its because I am indifferent to alcohol.....I will only drink when friends are drinking. If I wa told to stop drinking by my doctor, I would easily stop
Re: Did The Prophet (PBUH) Curse People Who Deal With Alcohol by LagosShia: 7:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
Logicbwoy: Okay, LagosShia, I give up.

Its because I am indifferent to alcohol.....I will only drink when friends are drinking. If I wa told to stop drinking by my doctor, I would easily stop

good boy.
Re: Did The Prophet (PBUH) Curse People Who Deal With Alcohol by Logicbwoy: 10:15pm On Nov 02, 2013
LagosShia:

good boy.

"boy" is what the white slave master called the black slave.
Re: Did The Prophet (PBUH) Curse People Who Deal With Alcohol by LagosShia: 1:03am On Nov 03, 2013
Logicbwoy:

"boy" is what the white slave master called the black slave.

what's your point here?

(1) (Reply)

Superstition And The Month Of Safar / The Object Of Life: In An Islamic Way? / NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.