Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Toyota Corolla 2003 Engine Number Location - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Corolla 2003 Engine Number Location (16599 Views)

Toyota Corolla 2003 Engine Noise / How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number / The Nigerian Police And Engine Number. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Corolla 2003 Engine Number Location by chikasin4(m): 7:34pm On Oct 27, 2013
My friend purchase tocumbo toyota corolla 2003 model, pls I fant find the location of the engine number so that we can register the vehicle and akso obtain a number plate. I hv gone through d manual is not there. Pls anu one who ones the type of vehicle should asist me. Thank u, am waitin

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 Engine Number Location by chikasin4(m): 8:32pm On Oct 27, 2013
chikasin4: My friend purchase tocumbo toyota corolla 2003 model, pls I fant find the location of the engine number so that we can register the vehicle and akso obtain a number plate. I hv gone through d manual is not there. Pls anu one who ones the type of vehicle should asist me. Thank u, am waitin

Pls siena, ikenna and co pls help
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 Engine Number Location by ameristu: 9:10pm On Oct 27, 2013
The Toyota matrixes and corollas don't come with engine numbers.
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 Engine Number Location by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2013
ameristu: The Toyota matrixes and corollas don't come with engine numbers.

every car from manufacturer has a engine number

but as the car get serviced and repaired along the years the sticker is removed or numbers get erased

i dont see why nigerian government require the engine number when an engine can be changed
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 Engine Number Location by chikasin4(m): 10:43pm On Oct 27, 2013
ameristu: The Toyota matrixes and corollas don't come with engine numbers.

I dont undastand u, re u sayin dat corolla dont com wit engine no. Is dat posible
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 Engine Number Location by chikasin4(m): 10:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

every car from manufacturer has a engine number

but as the car get serviced and repaired along the years the sticker is removed or numbers get erased

i dont see why nigerian government require the engine number when an engine can be changed

Zim drill do hv anybody dat drives dat car, pls tell m where d no is located. I hv locked for it taire
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 Engine Number Location by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 27, 2013
The engine model is on the emissions label under the hood on the hood. This the number you need to order parts etc... the actual serial number of the engine is usually not required only VIN and engine model.

www.fixya.com/cars/t1508328-engine_number_situated_in_2003_corolla
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 Engine Number Location by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:18am On Oct 28, 2013
chikasin4:

Zim drill do hv anybody dat drives dat car, pls tell m where d no is located. I hv locked for it taire

the older the car the hard to find the engine number since most engines numbers would on a sticker

there is a difference between engine number, engine type number, engine code number

engine number is useful mostly to the manufacturer as they trace which engine was put on which car during production and eg engine WE120 TO WE121005 where faulty they check which cars got those engines and they recall them since every engines has number and that number is married to the vin number of the car it was put in though the engine number is not found on the long vin number and also the engine number is not embeded into car's body becoz the engine can be changed during the life span of a car

engine type number is found within the vin number just tells you the model of the engine they put in depending on many things eg engine size turbo or none turbo, supercharged etc

then the engine code number useful when you change the engine you use that engine code number to get the same engine replacement or even parts of that engine if there are different types of that some engines on the same model of the car.

vin number is the car its self whether with or without the engine

an engine can be put into another so keeping its number is useless and and engine can be made from more one engine after salvaging parts from un running ones

a vin number can not be salvage you either use one from an existing one and it has to be the same made and model or create one that will later turn to none existing (if car data based is computerised and checked against the database)
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 Engine Number Location by chucky234(m): 3:24am On Oct 29, 2013
The engine numbers of newer Toyota models are not noticeable, I used the 2007 Corolla and the VIN was used in place of engine number when registering the car.
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 Engine Number Location by chikasin4(m): 5:21am On Oct 29, 2013
Thank u gyz I hv seen it. It is placed at the engine block facing forword where the gearbox bell housing is bolted to the engine block just under the waterhose to the right of the exhaust manifoldd. It should start with 1zzxxxxxxx.
Thank u guyz
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 Engine Number Location by bondingman: 5:12pm On Oct 20, 2017
chikasin4:
Thank u gyz I hv seen it. It is placed at the engine block facing forword where the gearbox bell housing is bolted to the engine block just under the waterhose to the right of the exhaust manifoldd. It should start with 1zzxxxxxxx.
Thank u guyz
Pls did you have to unfix anything to see it?
Or did u get help from a mechanic?
Trying to locate d engine number of my Toyota corolla

(1) (Reply)

Car Jerks When Put In Gear / Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. / How To Read Traffic Signs: Recognizing Shapes And Colors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.