Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number (12953 Views)

Does Constant Use Of AC Have Any Effect On The Engine / Hi Guys, I Need Someone To Help Me Check The Vin Records For The Following Cars / The Nigerian Police And Engine Number. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by PAPIJAID(m): 5:53pm On Feb 09, 2013
The gurus in the house, pls I learnt that one can get the year of production, the country of manufacture of a car and so on from the VIN, but I don't know if one can get the exact engine size from either the engine or the Vehicle I'd Number NB I am refering to the VW Golf 3. I'm badly in need of this car but since I have been inspecting I am yet to know where the engine size is written and I don't want to be swindled by our so-called car dealers.
Finally I want to know how one can know if the golf is a CL without it written on the booth of the car. Thanks I'm carefully waiting for your response. God bless you all.
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 09, 2013
The VIN doesn't depict engine size or type. The engine number does. If you have the engine number, post it here, and I'll tell you what it is.

The trim level is easy - as long as you know what engine and trim level combination the CL would have, you won't get deceived. This means knowing as much as possible about the VW Golf III. GOOGLE.
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by PAPIJAID(m): 12:28am On Feb 10, 2013
Nairalanders pls I'm still earnestly waiting for ur response on this issue. I'm presently carless.
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by PAPIJAID(m): 12:44am On Feb 10, 2013
@Siena I can only ask God to help me to bless you and every thing that belong to u. You are a rare gem. Pls sir what is the engine and trim level combination of the CL and sir can u teach us how to use the engine number to know the size because you may not be available online when I find another one. Most of the things I watch in any car I or my colleagues want to buy these days solely defends on what I learn from your humble self Guru Ikenna et al. I don't want to buy the golf outside all the things I learn from u all. Once again God bless u sirs.
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by Nobody: 12:55am On Feb 10, 2013
Papi, take a look at this thread, it will be helpful in identifying your choice of VW Golf III:

https://www.nairaland.com/1120275/golf3-differences
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by PAPIJAID(m): 1:19am On Feb 10, 2013
Thanks for ur prompt response sir, @Siena infact I bookmarked that link on a phone, I saved the page on another and I visited carsurvey.com as Ikenna advise in one of his great posts, that is what formed my choice of GOLF 3 CL but the only challenge I'm facing now is how I can get the engine size from the engine number, I reside in one of the border towns presently and all these dealers bring in vehicle at any time and I don't want to make an uninformed decision. NB I have already learnt how to know the country of manufacture, the year and even the car model from the VIN.
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by Nobody: 1:34am On Feb 10, 2013
^^^ That's great. Simply post the engine number of any VW Golf III you're interested in, and I'll give you the engine size and type.
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by PAPIJAID(m): 1:45am On Feb 10, 2013
@Siena Thanks and God bless sir.

1 Like

Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by PAPIJAID(m): 2:33pm On Apr 16, 2013
SIR, I JUST TOOK DELIVERY OF A VW GOLF 3 JOKER. SIR I NEED TO KNOW ALL THAT A RESPONSIBLE CAR USER NEEDS TO KNOW INCLUDING THE ENGINE SIZE AND MODEL(GL, CL, GT ETC) IT COMES WITH DOUBLE EXHAUST. THE ENGINE NO IS ADZ 538 518 AND THE VIN IS WVWZZZ1HZWB026506. I WILL BE VERY GLAD IF I CAN GET THE OWNERS MANUAL MY EMAIL ADD IS babajideoanthony@yahoo.com I AV BEEN TRYING TO UPLOAD THE PICS TO NO AVAIL.
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 16, 2013
Make: Volkswagen.
Model: Golf 1Z.
Country of origin: Germany.
Build factory: Brussels, Belguim.
Year: 1998.
Engine: 1,781cc (1.8L).
Power output: 90 hp.

This won't have a regular trim level, like L, CL, GL, GT etc. The Joker was based on the 1.8 CL, so CL features will apply (refer to my other Golf III thread for CL spec).
https://www.nairaland.com/1120275/golf3-differences
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by PAPIJAID(m): 9:06pm On Apr 16, 2013
God bless u sir. Is there any way I can get the owners manual?
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by PAPIJAID(m): 11:26pm On Apr 18, 2013
SIR SIENNA ET AL IM STILL PATIENTLY WAITING FOR HOW I CAN GET THE MANUAL OF THIS CAR BUT IF I CANT I DONT MIND GETTING SOME MAINTENANCE TIPS OF THE CAR THANK U SIRS. ONCE AGAIN MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS babajideoanthony@yahoo.com
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by symbianDON(m): 6:59am On Apr 20, 2013
@papi: download the manual from the link below (you may need to use a pc):
http://www.manualsforcars.com/manuals.item.3944/Volkswagen-Golf-Owners-Manual-1998.html
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by PAPIJAID(m): 8:09am On Apr 20, 2013
@Symbian Don u're blessed sir though Im yet to open d link but thanks for ur prompt response.
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by JUO(m): 4:50pm On Apr 21, 2013
oga siena what of passat ? i will like to know my engine hp
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 21, 2013
JUO: oga siena what of passat ? i will like to know my engine hp

What Passat? I have no details.
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by JUO(m): 8:00am On Apr 22, 2013
oga siena please conform the details OF this passat wagon for me
VIN: WVWZZZ31ZPE136018
ENGINE NO: 2E298613
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by shopy: 3:44pm On Apr 22, 2013
Please can anybody help me out?am looking of buying a small car with automatic & AC .golf 3,Nassan etc
Take ds as a key guide
-Very durable & Fuel Economical
-Affordable to maintain.
-Automatic
-AC will be used all times.
-some time will b taken from eg Lagos to PH Occasionally.
Lastly,am looking at between 350k & 450k.i dnt mine a Nigerian used car but still very clean.
Thanks
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by PAPIJAID(m): 7:52am On Apr 27, 2013
@symbian Don I've tried all I could to download the manual but to no avail. Pls Im still in dire need of the owners manual. I dont want to maltreat this baby cos It is not maltreating me Im really enjoying it.
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by PAPIJAID(m): 7:54am On Apr 27, 2013
@Sienna pls sir Im a little bit confused, on my odometre what is written is km/hr. Is it that the odometre reading is in km as against miles.
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 27, 2013
PAPI JAID: @Sienna pls sir Im a little bit confused, on my odometre what is written is km/hr. Is it that the odometre reading is in km as against miles.
your car is likely an European specs.
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by redcliff: 3:08am On Jul 23, 2013
Good morning MR siena, I need help on this too. I don't know the year of make of my Mk3. The person who got it for me told me its a 1997 while the BOL says 94. Its a syncro and its AWD. Its pretty faster than the normal golf. I have tried so much to get the vehicle info online but it keeps dissapointing me. Here is the engine and VIN.

Engine number: ABS 843891
VIN: WVWZZZ1HZRW402554

Thanks.
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 23, 2013
saxywale:
your car is likely an European specs.

North American cars will have the speedo caliberated in mph, not km/h. This car is a Euro model.
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by KA24DETT(m): 3:11pm On Jul 23, 2013
Siena:

North American cars will have the speedo caliberated in mph, not km/h. This car is a Euro model.

Unless the car is from Canada . Cus we calibrate km/h. America uses mph
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by redcliff: 4:06pm On Jul 23, 2013
Siena:

redcliff: Good morning MR siena, I need help on this too. I don't know the year of make of my Mk3. The person who got it for me told me its a 1997 while the BOL says 94. Its a syncro and its AWD. Its pretty faster than the normal golf. I have tried so much to get the vehicle info online but it keeps dissapointing me. Here is the engine and VIN.

siena, please i am still waiting for an answer to my question. Thanks in advance..

Thanks.
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
KA24DETT:

Unless the car is from Canada . Cus we calibrate km/h. America uses mph

Yes, but cars for the Canadian market have the same 6 alphabet in the VIN as North American cars. This car is European spec.
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 23, 2013
redcliff: Good morning MR siena, I need help on this too. I don't know the year of make of my Mk3. The person who got it for me told me its a 1997 while the BOL says 94. Its a syncro and its AWD. Its pretty faster than the normal golf. I have tried so much to get the vehicle info online but it keeps dissapointing me. Here is the engine and VIN.

Thanks.

Model: Golf 1H.
Build factory: Wolfsburg.
Year: 1994.
Engine: 1,781cc (1.8L).
Power output: 90 hp.
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
JUO: oga siena please conform the details OF this passat wagon for me
VIN: WVWZZZ31ZPE136018
ENGINE NO: 2E298613

Model: Passat B3.
Build factory: Emden.
Year: 1993.
Engine: 1,984cc (2.0L).
Power output: 115 hp.
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by KA24DETT(m): 5:36pm On Jul 24, 2013
Siena:

Yes, but cars for the Canadian market have the same 6 alphabet in the VIN as North American cars. This car is European spec.

OH K. I understand now
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by JUO(m): 6:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
thanks
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by JUO(m): 6:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
my clutch pedal keep going flat every morning. i have changed upper clutch twice, that did not solve the problem. i have to pump the clutch before it will work but will go down the next morning. what could be wrong?
Re: How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 24, 2013
JUO: my clutch pedal keep going flat every morning. i have changed upper clutch twice, that did not solve the problem. i have to pump the clutch before it will work but will go down the next morning. what could be wrong?

What car is this bro?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Are Afraid To Buy Some Car Brands? - Gabriel Salifu / Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance / FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.