Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Want Register User To Add Property From The Front End(problem solved) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Want Register User To Add Property From The Front End(problem solved) (1060 Views)

How To Add Your Website To Google Chrome Appstore And Get Traffic To Ur Site / How To Add Comment Box In My Wapka Site / Enter For All Wapka Codes/get Your Wapka Site's Problems Solved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want Register User To Add Property From The Front End(problem solved) by folyboy2013: 3:43am On Oct 28, 2013
My web gurus in the house, please i need your help on joomla 2.5, i am working on a project, real estate website, i am done almost with everything, i use JEA extension for my property listing but ijavascript:void(0); have a problem on how to make register user to be able to add property on the front end, the problem i am having is that the JEA is not showing on my group user section, please joomla guru kindly help me on how to solve this problem. thanks
Re: Want Register User To Add Property From The Front End(problem solved) by ZinoFego: 9:28pm On Oct 28, 2013
Please share with us how you did it. I typed a probable solution but could post it because NL was down earlier in the day.
Re: Want Register User To Add Property From The Front End(problem solved) by folyboy2013: 9:44pm On Oct 28, 2013
ADD JEA TO A JOOMLA MENU

For a site visitor to see JEA, it must appear in a Joomla menu. Go to Menus - Main Menu. In the upper right corner of the viewport, press "New". Select as your menu item type "Joomla Estate Agency" and within it, "Properties - Properties layout" (for a list of properties) or "Properties - Search layout" (for a search form). Give your menu item a title (e.g. "Search Properties"wink. The parameters in the right column can be ignored at this stage, given that JEA has not yet been configured. Press "Save". Check your work, keeping in mind that at this stage it will lead to an empty page given we have not yet added properties to display.

Remember this will start working after creating a series property listing from the component menu.

to do this:

Go to Components - Joomla Estate Agency - Properties features. In the "Change table" dropdown box, select a table, such as Properties types. Press "New". In value, add the name of the new property type, such as "Residential". Press save. Add other values for Properties types and for other tables as needed. You can add as many or as few as you like, but JEA does require there to be at least one value for Properties types.

Default tables available and examples of possible values are:

* Properties types (dropdown box)
E.g. Residential, Commercial
* Properties states (= property condition) (dropdown box)
E.g. Excellent, Good, Poor
* Departments (= province) (dropdown box)
E.g. Copán, Cortes
* Towns (= municipality)
E.g. Santa Rosa, San Pedro Sula
* Areas (=neighborhood or village) (dropdown box)
E.g. Bo. El Carmen, El Rosario
* Advantages (=amenities) (checkbox)
E.g. Parking, pool, maid's quarters
* Heating types (dropdown box)
E.g. Fireplace, central heat
* Hot water types (dropdown box)
E.g. Electric, gas
* Slogans (dropdown box)
TODO: Figure out what this is for

[b]to add, rename, or remove tables, [/b]you must edit the files:

joomla_root/administrator/language/en-GB/en_GB.com_jea.ini
joomla_root/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_jea.ini
joomla_root/language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_jea_emphasis.ini
joomla_root/language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_jea_search.ini

hope is helpful.
Re: Want Register User To Add Property From The Front End(problem solved) by ZinoFego: 10:09pm On Oct 28, 2013
I was looking for an explanation on how you solved the bolded below.

"i use JEA extension for my property listing but ijavascript:void(0); have a problem on how to make register user to be able to add property on the front end, the problem i am having is that the JEA is not showing on my group user section"
Re: Want Register User To Add Property From The Front End(problem solved) by folyboy2013: 10:18pm On Oct 28, 2013
in file com_jea / jea.php there are access groups listed...

//add ACL
$acl = & JFactory::getACL();
$acl->addACL( 'com_jea', 'edit', 'users', 'jea agent', 'property', 'own' );
$acl->addACL( 'com_jea', 'edit', 'users', 'manager', 'property', 'all' );
$acl->addACL( 'com_jea', 'edit', 'users', 'administrator', 'property', 'all' );
$acl->addACL( 'com_jea', 'edit', 'users', 'super administrator', 'property', 'all' );

change line

to

$acl->addACL( 'com_jea', 'edit', 'users', 'Registered', 'property', 'own' );
Re: Want Register User To Add Property From The Front End(problem solved) by ZinoFego: 10:23pm On Oct 28, 2013
Gotcha... Thanks man.

I'm teaching a free Joomla class here on NL, you can hop in to share your Joomla knowledge with us: https://www.nairaland.com/1485054/joomla-free-training-nairaland-live

folyboy2013: in file com_jea / jea.php there are access groups listed...

//add ACL
$acl = & JFactory::getACL();
$acl->addACL( 'com_jea', 'edit', 'users', 'manager', 'property', 'all' );
$acl->addACL( 'com_jea', 'edit', 'users', 'administrator', 'property', 'all' );
$acl->addACL( 'com_jea', 'edit', 'users', 'super administrator', 'property', 'all' );

change line

to

$acl->addACL( 'com_jea', 'edit', 'users', 'Registered', 'property', 'own' );
Re: Want Register User To Add Property From The Front End(problem solved) by folyboy2013: 10:28pm On Oct 28, 2013
ZinoFego: Gotcha... Thanks man.

I'm teaching a free Joomla class here on NL, you can hop in to share your Joomla knowledge with us: https://www.nairaland.com/1485054/joomla-free-training-nairaland-live

would be glad to share my idea.

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Use A Custom Domain For Your Blog / Where Can I Get A Domain In Naira / Why Is My Blog Being Viewed The Most In KENYA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.