Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? (2461 Views)

Undeniable Facts That Proves That Bible Is From God. SCREENSHOT. / Does Anyone Believe That 3am Is Really The Evil/demon Hour? / What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by Joshthefirst(m): 10:41pm On Oct 28, 2013
So umm guys, do you really believe that bible stuff? I mean, you can't tell me God healed people can you?
You can't tell me that he sends people to hell. Do you really believe that stuff? Is it real? Isn't it just fairytales?
Why would an all-loving God cast people in hell for eternity?

Yeah. I hear that everyday. First, God is love of course.
But you just missed many parts of scripture. You just took parts of the bible you wanted to take and made a silly conclusion? You just made up a false image of God to justify your claims and stance?
God is all-powerful, he can do anything.

Here are some of the parts you missed:

Romans 6:23(a) For the wages of sin is death;

Hebrews 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Hebrews 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Yes my friend. The wages of sin is death. When you willfully sin, you have made yourself an enemy of God. God is love, but he is also holy and he cannot allow sin to go unpunished.
We will all stand before God in judgement to receive the just rewards of our deeds on earth. This is fact. The bible says so.
As far as you have sinned, you stand condemned. How long will it take you to realize that we're talking serious stuff. Eternal stuff? How long before you understand God doesn't cast into hell because of silly things like us refusing to worship him.(Judge carefully) He casts into hell because the wages of sin is death. Sin! Sin! Sin!
We are guilty of sin? We stand condemned before God. As a good God and judge, he must condemn you. God cannot be bribed. He is judge of all. You cannot decide to try to balance the good and evil in your life. That would be trying to bribe God with good works to escape condemnation. It is like filthy rags before God. He will not be bribed. He is a just judge.
But he is also a loving father. Which father would be happy condemning his children? So he made a plan for salvation. He came in the flesh and bore the penalty of our sins. Jesus. When you trust Jesus, you don't need to die. You're given new life. You're free. Your punishment is paid for. You do not need to die. Why will you continue in rebellion? Why will you choose to be blind to truth? The God you will meet on judgement day will be an incorruptible judge, not the mental image you've created in your head.

So do you really believe all that stuff in the bible? Are you sure its real? If you really believe that stuff, it'll change your life.
It'll free you from sin, from the burden of guilt and even the never ending rituals of religion.
Come unto me all ye who labour and are hevy laden Jesus said, and I will give you rest.
People are in the world to exploit you and steal from you. There are many like that. But we are here because we speak heavy and real words:
Repent! we say, Repent!!! For the kingdom of God is at hand

PS: the people who this message is adressed to know themselves.

1 Like

Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:59pm On Oct 28, 2013
Is this a sermon or evangelism?

The simple bible format = buy + bull - crap

everything in bible is bullcrap and the name defines what it about.....only silent on crap
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 28, 2013
smiley[color=#770077][/color]GREAT POST

1 Like

Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by macof(m): 5:07pm On Oct 29, 2013
Foly the Bible isn't that bad grin
It falls into Jewish spirituality and how they understand God
Let us Yoruba understand God the way our fathers did.
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:56pm On Oct 29, 2013
macof: Foly the Bible isn't that bad grin
It falls into Jewish spirituality and how they understand God
Let us Yoruba understand God the way our fathers did.

the jewish torah is not bible....quit different things.
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by Faith93: 7:14pm On Oct 29, 2013
The word of God(bible)is the light to our life..it directs us nd teaches us ow to live this world of sin..u dwell iin darkness witawt the wrd of God..why becos, ur nt conscious of anytn...ur nt abiding by anitn..ur onli settiing d rules..wich makes such person dwell in darkness cos dere is no directn..if u dnt believe in the word of God (bible),,then u live a faithless life...a life tossed by d wind here nd there..the bible says "they dat wait upon the lord shall be renew in their strength, they shall mount up wings like eagles, they shall run nd nt grow weary..pls my dear friends d word of God wrks to those who believe nd abide by the word(bible)..nd medidate on it nd nt to those who sit dwn..waitn 4 miracle..pls dnt compromise...hold strong to the word of God..cos its a weapon for all Christians..to overcome SIN nd DESTRUCTION!...tnx!
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 29, 2013
Faith93: The word of God(bible)is the light to our life..it directs us nd teaches us ow to live this world of sin..u dwell iin darkness witawt the wrd of God..why becos, ur nt conscious of anytn...ur nt abiding by anitn..ur onli settiing d rules..wich makes such person dwell in darkness cos dere is no directn..if u dnt believe in the word of God (bible),,then u live a faithless life...a life tossed by d wind here nd there..the bible says "they dat wait upon the lord shall be renew in their strength, they shall mount up wings like eagles, they shall run nd nt grow weary..pls my dear friends d word of God wrks to those who believe nd abide by the word(bible)..nd medidate on it nd nt to those who sit dwn..waitn 4 miracle..pls dnt compromise...hold strong to the word of God..cos its a weapon for all Christians..to overcome SIN nd DESTRUCTION!...tnx!
200 likes. Alot of people here on nairaland dispute the existence of God just because they do not want to believe in God despite concrete evidence. Well the only thing i can say now is that God loves you and he sent his son jesus who loves you also to die for your defects,your evil self,for your sin. So please i beg you accept him now before it is too late.
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by Faith93: 9:17pm On Oct 29, 2013
MAXWELLOKUMA: 200 likes. Alot of people here on nairaland dispute the existence of God just because they do not want to believe in God despite concrete evidence. Well the only thing i can say now is that God loves you and he sent his son jesus who loves you also to die for your defects,your evil self,for your sin. So please i beg you accept him now before it is too late.
I dnt gt u Dr..am nt disputing God's word o..nd I will Neva do dat.abt 200likes wat do u mean?
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by macof(m): 9:26pm On Oct 29, 2013
Faith93: I dnt gt u Dr..am nt disputing God's word o..nd I will Neva do dat.abt 200likes wat do u mean?

Christianity has taken away the thinking faculty of Maxwell's brain grin
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by macof(m): 9:27pm On Oct 29, 2013
I had to modify my post.
The Bible is nothing more than Jews displaying their understanding of God

you all should get initiated into ur traditions, learn your peoples understanding of God
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by macof(m): 9:27pm On Oct 29, 2013
Faith93: The word of God(bible)is the light to our life..it directs us nd teaches us ow to live this world of sin..u dwell iin darkness witawt the wrd of God..why becos, ur nt conscious of anytn...ur nt abiding by anitn..ur onli settiing d rules..wich makes such person dwell in darkness cos dere is no directn..if u dnt believe in the word of God (bible),,then u live a faithless life...a life tossed by d wind here nd there..the bible says "they dat wait upon the lord shall be renew in their strength, they shall mount up wings like eagles, they shall run nd nt grow weary..pls my dear friends d word of God wrks to those who believe nd abide by the word(bible)..nd medidate on it nd nt to those who sit dwn..waitn 4 miracle..pls dnt compromise...hold strong to the word of God..cos its a weapon for all Christians..to overcome SIN nd DESTRUCTION!...tnx!

Bible is the word of God
What about the Koran?
And the Complete Tanakh
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by Faith93: 7:08am On Oct 30, 2013
macof:

Bible is the word of God
What about the Koran?
And the Complete Tanakh
the basic tenets of xtianity is dt Christ died to save us all...we all av diff religious belief..like the above u metioned..Koran, tanakh,...we also av muslems..Hindu,..nd d rest. But one way or d oda...this religions were inspired by summtn..nd dat is God himsef..wich ever religion u've bn born into..is nt ur fault..bt d grace to do wat is ryt..cos wat is ryt is good nd that wich is good is holy..nd holiness shd be one principle of ur religion...so pls again dnt compromise.
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by macof(m): 8:23am On Oct 30, 2013
Faith93: the basic tenets of xtianity is dt Christ died to save us all...we all av diff religious belief..like the above u metioned..Koran, tanakh,...we also av muslems..Hindu,..nd d rest. But one way or d oda...this religions were inspired by summtn..nd dat is God himsef..wich ever religion u've bn born into..is nt ur fault..bt d grace to do wat is ryt..cos wat is ryt is good nd that wich is good is holy..nd holiness shd be one principle of ur religion...so pls again dnt compromise.

Ok u support koran and tanakh, how about Ifa and traditional oracles?
Wats ur take on that?
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 30, 2013
Faith93: I dnt gt u Dr..am nt disputing God's word o..nd I will Neva do dat.abt 200likes wat do u mean?
it waz to show that i like your comment....d statement waz in support of u not against
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 30, 2013
macof:

Christianity has taken away the thinking faculty of Maxwell's brain grin
lolz....macof my guy you have not yet told me what you have against christianity in general. Well i will see you on the other side
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by RationalDude(m): 11:09am On Oct 30, 2013
@op, you said that God is love and according to the bible, this is the definition of love:

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
New International Version (NIV)

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It
does not envy, it does not boast, it
is not proud. 5 It does not
dishonor others,
it is not self-
seeking
, it is not easily angered, it
keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love
does not delight in evil but
rejoices with the truth. 7 It always
protects, always trusts, always
hopes, always perseveres.

Do you honestly think that the God of the bible has these qualities?
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 30, 2013
MAXWELLOKUMA: 200 likes. Alot of people here on nairaland dispute the existence of God just because they do not want to believe in God despite concrete evidence. Well the only thing i can say now is that God loves you and he sent his son jesus who loves you also to die for your defects,your evil self,for your sin. So please i beg you accept him now before it is too late.

Why not give us that concrete evidence?
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 30, 2013
Joshthefirst: So umm guys, do you really believe that bible stuff? I mean, you can't tell me God healed people can you?
You can't tell me that he sends people to hell. Do you really believe that stuff? Is it real? Isn't it just fairytales?
Why would an all-loving God cast people in hell for eternity?

Yeah. I hear that everyday. First, God is love of course.
But you just missed many parts of scripture. You just took parts of the bible you wanted to take and made a silly conclusion? You just made up a false image of God to justify your claims and stance?
God is all-powerful, he can do anything.

Here are some of the parts you missed:

Romans 6:23(a) For the wages of sin is death;

Hebrews 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Hebrews 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Yes my friend. The wages of sin is death. When you willfully sin, you have made yourself an enemy of God. God is love, but he is also holy and he cannot allow sin to go unpunished.
We will all stand before God in judgement to receive the just rewards of our deeds on earth. This is fact. The bible says so.
As far as you have sinned, you stand condemned. How long will it take you to realize that we're talking serious stuff. Eternal stuff? How long before you understand God doesn't cast into hell because of silly things like us refusing to worship him.(Judge carefully) He casts into hell because the wages of sin is death. Sin! Sin! Sin!
We are guilty of sin? We stand condemned before God. As a good God and judge, he must condemn you. God cannot be bribed. He is judge of all. You cannot decide to try to balance the good and evil in your life. That would be trying to bribe God with good works to escape condemnation. It is like filthy rags before God. He will not be bribed. He is a just judge.
But he is also a loving father. Which father would be happy condemning his children? So he made a plan for salvation. He came in the flesh and bore the penalty of our sins. Jesus. When you trust Jesus, you don't need to die. You're given new life. You're free. Your punishment is paid for. You do not need to die. Why will you continue in rebellion? Why will you choose to be blind to truth? The God you will meet on judgement day will be an incorruptible judge, not the mental image you've created in your head.

So do you really believe all that stuff in the bible? Are you sure its real? If you really believe that stuff, it'll change your life.
It'll free you from sin, from the burden of guilt and even the never ending rituals of religion.
Come unto me all ye who labour and are hevy laden Jesus said, and I will give you rest.
People are in the world to exploit you and steal from you. There are many like that. But we are here because we speak heavy and real words:
Repent! we say, Repent!!! For the kingdom of God is at hand

PS: the people who this message is adressed to know themselves.

If I get your point, the reason people won't make heaven and suffer in hell is if they wilfully sin. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by Joshthefirst(m): 1:43pm On Oct 30, 2013
rationalmind:

If I get your point, the reason people won't make heaven and suffer in hell is if they wilfully sin. Correct me if I'm wrong.
yes it is.
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
RationalDude: @op, you said that God is love and according to the bible, this is the definition of love:

wat do u tink
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by RationalDude(m): 2:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
Elantracey: wat do u tink
We'll get to that later (my answer that is). Do you honestly believe that God (as portrayed in the bible) has those qualities mentioned in 1 Corinthians 13 vs 4 - 7
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 30, 2013
He has more dan dat
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 30, 2013
Joshthefirst: yes it is.

Good. I have a question. Will muslims and other adherents of the almost other 4200 religions other than christianity make heaven? Remb muslims in particular mock trinity and don't believe Jesus is the son of God.

Please note that their only crime was that most of them were unlucky to be born in families where those religions are being practised. So, we really can't say they wilfully sinned. Or did they?
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by RationalDude(m): 2:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
Elantracey: He has more dan dat
Good, can you explain God's actions in 2 Samuel 24 in relation to his love? He made David take a census of the Israelites and then killed scores of those Israelites for the crime of being counted. He had a change of heart after seeing the destruction (and he's supposed to be omniscient)
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by Joshthefirst(m): 2:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
rationalmind:

Good. I have a question. Will muslims and other adherents of the almost other 4200 religions other than christianity make heaven? Remb muslims in particular mock trinity and don't believe Jesus is the son of God.

Please note that their only crime was that most of them were unlucky to be born in families where those religions are being practised. So, we really can't say they wilfully sinned. Or did they?
this is untrue. There is no unwillful sin(wrt the quoted statement)
1. Their crime is to sin, to sin isn't when one is not "born into the christian religion", indeed one cannot be "born into a relationship with God(which christianity is). Their crime is violation of God's moral law which is written in their minds(like it is in all of sane humanity). Once one sins, its wages is death, irrespective of mental or spiritual or religious or irreligious standing.
2. Sin unites all mankind as guilty, everyone has lied and stolen and looked at another lustfully etc. And the wages of sin is death. Our conscience bears witness to the fact that we sin. Muslim or christian, barbaric or civilized, rich or poor, refined or not, atheist or not, you cannot deny sin. For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. All stand condemned. But God loved us enough to have mercy on us and give us a way of salvation. He bore our own punishment for us, and set us free through Jesus Christ. This is the gospel. There is no need to die, or to continue in the pleasures of sin unrepentant. Times of ignorance are over. We have been sent to spread this good news to mankind. Whoever believes and accepts the loving sacrifice of Jesus is saved. Whoever does not accept pays the full penalty of his sins and bears Gods wrath in Hell. God is holy, and he cannot allow sin to go unpunished. You see, although this might seem a trivial matter, it is more serious than you can ever grasp. It is your eternal salvation and well being. You choose.
But one thing is sure, the almighty cannot be mocked:
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life, through Jesus Christ our lord

God is patient, but he will indeed punish sin. Sooner or later, he will indeed punish sin.
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
Joshthefirst: this is untrue. There is no unwillful sin(wrt the quoted statement)
1. Their crime is to sin, to sin isn't when one is not "born into the christian religion", indeed one cannot be "born into a relationship with God(which christianity is). Their crime is violation of God's moral law which is written in their minds(like it is in all of sane humanity). Once one sins, its wages is death, irrespective of mental or spiritual or religious or irreligious standing.
2. Sin unites all mankind as guilty, everyone has lied and stolen and looked at another lustfully etc. And the wages of sin is death. Our conscience bears witness to the fact that we sin. Muslim or christian, barbaric or civilized, rich or poor, refined or not, atheist or not, you cannot deny sin. For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. All stand condemned. But God loved us enough to have mercy on us and give us a way of salvation. He bore our own punishment for us, and set us free through Jesus Christ. This is the gospel. There is no need to die, or to continue in the pleasures of sin unrepentant. Times of ignorance are over. We have been sent to spread this good news to mankind. Whoever believes and accepts the loving sacrifice of Jesus is saved. Whoever does not accept pays the full penalty of his sins and bears Gods wrath in Hell. God is holy, and he cannot allow sin to go unpunished. You see, although this might seem a trivial matter, it is more serious than you can ever grasp. It is your eternal salvation and well being. You choose.
But one thing is sure, the almighty cannot be mocked:
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life, through Jesus Christ our lord

God is patient, but he will indeed punish sin. Sooner or later, he will indeed punish sin.

So, as long as they don't violate Gods moral laws written in their minds, no matter their disbelief in Jesus as the saviour and the way, they will make heaven.

Lol, I just hope you realise the implication of what you just wrote cos it also means, as long as I (an agnostic) does not violate Gods moral laws written in my heart, I will make heaven
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by Joshthefirst(m): 3:17pm On Oct 30, 2013
rationalmind:

So, as long as they don't violate Gods moral laws written in their minds, no matter their disbelief in Jesus as the saviour and the way, they will make heaven.

Lol, I just hope you realise the implication of what you just wrote cos it also means, as long as I (an agnostic) does not violate Gods moral laws written in my heart, I will make heaven
yeah. As long as you have never sinned in your life and you're a perfect human being, you'll make heaven. That's Gods standard, perfection in holiness. Jesus came to save those who were imperfect and those who have sinned. He is mighty even now, to save those who believe in him from Gods wrath through Gods mercy.
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by Joshthefirst(m): 3:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
rationalmind:

why do you even want to make heaven sef? I thought you didn't believe in it because it cannot be proved by empirical science? grin grin grin
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2013
Joshthefirst: yeah. As long as you have never sinned in your life and you're a perfect human being, you'll make heaven. That's Gods standard, perfection in holiness. Jesus came to save those who were imperfect and those who have sinned. He is mighty even now, to save those who believe in him from Gods wrath through Gods mercy.

Lol. This is religion for you. Everyone with his own interpretation. I'm just hearing this your interpretation for the first time.
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2013
Joshthefirst: why do you even want to make heaven sef? I thought you didn't believe in it because it cannot be proved by empirical science? grin grin grin

Lol, I never told you I wanted to. I just said its the implication of your explanation.
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by davidhume1: 3:34pm On Oct 30, 2013
RationalDude: @op, you said that God is love and according to the bible, this is the definition of love:
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
New International Version (NIV)

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It
does not envy, it does not boast, it
is not proud. 5 It does not
dishonor others, it is not self-
seeking, it is not easily angered, it
keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love
does not delight in evil but
rejoices with the truth. 7 It always
protects, always trusts, always
hopes, always perseveres

Lol!
See as they all act as if you never posted this?
Re: Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? by Joshthefirst(m): 3:39pm On Oct 30, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol. This is religion for you. Everyone with his own interpretation. I'm just hearing this your interpretation for the first time.
this isn"t religion, this is life and death, serious matter, its written in almost all my threads, its what christianity is all about. I'm sure this is not the first time you're hearing it, its just the first time you've listened. I adjure you to go and study about Jesus and his prophecies and his life in the bible with an open mind and especially the things he said. You can start with the gospel of John, then matthew. This is serious stuff. Is death not serious?

God is real. He is judge, he offers humanity a way out of death and sin.

FOR THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH, BUT THE FREE GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophesies Of 2014 For Nigeria By Prophet TB Joshoua / The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian / Felixomor,scarlet Or Purple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.