Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,473 members, 7,836,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Why Is The Devil Better At Inducing Men To Do Evil Than God To Do Good? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is The Devil Better At Inducing Men To Do Evil Than God To Do Good? (440 Views)

Why Do EVIL People Succeed? / Why Do Evil People Live Longer? / Where do evil Spirits come from? D Bible never attributes evil spirits to Satan! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is The Devil Better At Inducing Men To Do Evil Than God To Do Good? by MAYOWAAK: 9:25am On Oct 29, 2013
People react by repeating the "teachings" on the devil, but fact is, when you observe the way he is portrayed, you will see that it is exactly as you say. For example, they tell you the devil is not omnipresent, but they acknowledge him to be active everywhere. You ask them, and they tell you he dashes back and forth. Lie!
They tell you the devil is not omniscient. But they acknowledge him to thwart even the plans in your mind that you have not expressed. You ask them, and they tell you he is old enough to guess.
The devil is somehow able to make things go bad all the time but God seems to be slow in correcting things.

I can conclude strictly based on popular sentiments and perceptions, that the Devil is God's alter ego. That is what the evidence shows if you go by people's portrayals of both and popular sentiments of both.
For example, He is everywhere (just like God), knows everything, (just like God) so you have to pray against him in everything, makes men do what he wants, controls men in every way (unlike God), is present in every situation (like God) for bad, affects all situations (unlike God) negatively, has strength to undo and spoil every plan (like God's omnipotence), is able to kill at will (even when God can't keep those people alive), etc etc.
When I sat down and asked myself, who else can be this all powerful and all pervasive, I could only think of God. Only God has all those attributes and can do all these things. So it is evident that from popular perception, he can only be God's alter ego!
Re: Why Is The Devil Better At Inducing Men To Do Evil Than God To Do Good? by Infomizer(m): 9:40am On Oct 29, 2013
MAYOWAAK: People react by repeating the "teachings" on the devil, but fact is, when you observe the way he is portrayed, you will see that it is exactly as you say. For example, they tell you the devil is not omnipresent, but they acknowledge him to be active everywhere. You ask them, and they tell you he dashes back and forth. Lie!
They tell you the devil is not omniscient. But they acknowledge him to thwart even the plans in your mind that you have not expressed. You ask them, and they tell you he is old enough to guess.
The devil is somehow able to make things go bad all the time but God seems to be slow in correcting things.

I can conclude strictly based on popular sentiments and perceptions, that the Devil is God's alter ego. That is what the evidence shows if you go by people's portrayals of both and popular sentiments of both.
For example, He is everywhere (just like God), knows everything, (just like God) so you have to pray against him in everything, makes men do what he wants, controls men in every way (unlike God), is present in every situation (like God) for bad, affects all situations (unlike God) negatively, has strength to undo and spoil every plan (like God's omnipotence), is able to kill at will (even when God can't keep those people alive), etc etc.
When I sat down and asked myself, who else can be this all powerful and all pervasive, I could only think of God. Only God has all those attributes and can do all these things. So it is evident that from popular perception, he can only be God's alter ego!

Thoughtful analysis buddy! I'm even of the opinion that the 'Id' (from freud's psychoanalysis) is the 'devil' here.

(1) (Reply)

Can The Holy Bible Be Updated / Happy New Month Of Novemeber Nairalanders / Learning From Nehemiah: Keep It Cheerful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.