Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,148 members, 7,829,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? (3243 Views)

I Gave N600 Million To George, Odili,bafarawa,nwobodo,others-ex-minister Yuguda / Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps / Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 29, 2013
Governor of Lagos State,Babatunde Raji Fashola and his political Godfather,Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu just took delivery of new acquisitions.

Source identified the buy as three bullet proof cars- Jeeps- with bomb detector apparatus and surveillance cameras.

Findings revealed that two of the purchase are with Governor Fashola for official usage as the helmsman of Lagos state. Asiwaju Tinubu is said to have one to his name as party leader.

The brand of the bullet proof cars is identified as Toyota Prado Jeep.

The cost of each jeep- including handling, registration, insurance and other fees- is two hundred million naira. The three jeeps are valued at six hundred million naira.

The cars are customized- by special order.

It is however believed that the Lagos state government footed the bill for the cars.

The three automobiles were reportedly bought for Asiwaju Tinubu and Governor Fashola on grounds of 'security'

Insiders revealed that the two political figures have not gone public with their jeeps.

http://www.modernghana.com/movie/12652/3/govfasholaasiwaju-bola-ahmed-tinubu-get-n600-milli.html

So what exactly did Ms Oduah do that others before her didn't start?
Nigerians and short term memory
The same people praising Fashola are using the exact same mouth to condemn Stella Oduah
Hypocrites of the highest order
As Inconsistent as the wind

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by grafikii: 12:20pm On Oct 29, 2013
So this crazy girl is still here? How come no one has seen them drive in any of the jeeps. Your source is even from Ghana? You had to go that far to dig up this trash.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 29, 2013
My previous posts on this subject...

If we have to start culling news articles from societynowng.com (the primary source of this report), those of you who think you've found a smoking gun now - and I am not saying there isn't one - would be sorely disappointed.

Stella Odua Acquires Two Oil Vessels For First Lady, Patience Goodluck! -- http://societynowng.com/Stella-Odua-Acquires-Two-Oil-Vessels-For-Patience-Jonathan-Goodluck/

SPG Oil Boss, Stella Odua Sells N13.5b Waiver To Vaswani Brothers! ...how she used President Jonathan to seal the deal - http://societynowng.com/SPG-Oil-Boss-Stella-Odua-Sells-N13-5b-Waiver-To-Vaswani-Brothers

Gov. Fashola, Asiwaju Tinubu Get N600M Bullet Proof Jeeps With Surveillance Camera, Bomb Detectors! -- http://societynowng.com/Governor-Fashola-Asiwaju-Tinubu-Get-N600M-Bullet-Proof-Jeeps-With-Surveillance-Camera-Bomb-Detectors

As this soft magazine clearly has a much lower standard of reporting, it is probably best to stick with documented evidence, as we have seen with SR's report or, at the bare minimum, a petition filed with the EFCC grin

Even though @OP's intention is to create as much obfuscation as necessary, let me help out by providing some credible information.
I am doing this primarily because I took the same dim view of our politicians' newly acquired taste for high-security vehicles, back in 2010.

2011 elections: Politicians in mad rush for bullet-proof cars

By Everest Onyewuchi, Published: Saturday, 24 Apr 2010

[img]http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=News-images/CARS_369375014.jpg&size=article_large[/img]
Nigerians’ choice, The Beast, Amoured Cadillac Escalade B7+

The spate of kidnappings, assassinations, political murders and general insecurity in the country may have forced politicians, top government officials, wealthy businessmen and other affluent Nigerians into a rush for bullet-proof cars.

Latest information released to our correspondent by a top American auto armouring company also revealed that the closeness of the 2011 general election has caused politicians to massively place orders for heavily fortified anti-ballistic vehicles.

Following reports that politicians and wealthy Nigerians had expanded the internal security around their residences, particularly in the face of high profile kidnappings, our correspondent made an online enquiry from the Country Representative of Texas Armoring Corporation, Mr. John Uwaya, on how many new orders he had received for protective vehicles.

Uwaya, however, decided to forward the enquiry to the head office of the company in Texas, United States of America.

On Tuesday, the Executive Vice President of Texas Armoring Corporation, Mr. Jason Forston, responded by disclosing that the Presidency, governors, politicians and other wealthy Nigerians had raised their demands for new anti-ballistic vehicles from the company since the former governorship candidate of the Action Congress in Ogun State, Otunba Dipo Dina, was shot dead by unknown gunmen on January 25 this year.

Dipo had been shot dead at a spot in front of Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State after his assailants blocked his Toyota Camry SUV while he was returning to his Lagos home from Abeokuta in company with his driver and a woman said to be a prophetess.

”Orders have certainly increased as 2011 elections draw nearer. With the untimely death of Dipo Dina and kidnappings/murders on the rise, many political candidates and hopefuls have felt the need to protect themselves,” Forston wrote in his reply.

The AMC vice president further disclosed that their Nigerian clients preferred the heavily fortified Cadillac Escalade that sells for about $400,000 (about N60m) per unit. This brand has its floor, roof, pillar posts and window overlaps armoured.

Giving a breakdown, Forston disclosed that the Presidency, Lagos State and Rivers State governments patronised his company the most, adding that on Tuesday alone, these Nigerian clients placed orders for 30 different grades of armoured vehicles worth $5,357,550.00 (about N803,632,500).

He wrote, ”In a given year, we could send approximately 50-100 units to Nigeria alone… About 30 per cent of our market is from Nigeria. Over the years, we‘ve probably sent close to 800-900 armoured vehicles to Nigeria.”

Contacted on Thursday, an official of the Lagos State Government who preferred anonymity because of the security implication of the contract, said that most of the anti-ballistic vehicles bought from the AMC were donated to the Rapid Response Squad for its operations.

”The Executive Secretary of the Security Trust Fund will be in a better position to explain the purchases,” he said.

Below is the transcript of the online interaction between Forston and our correspondent:

As we approach the 2011 elections, have orders for bulletproof and armoured cars from Nigeria increased?

Orders have certainly increased as 2011 elections draw nearer. With the untimely death of Dipo Dina and kidnappings/murders on the rise, many political candidates and hopefuls have felt the need to protect themselves. Clients have been trending toward higher armour levels along with our CEO package as well. Here is a sample gallery (picture of the vehicle is displayed). We call this vehicle ”The BEAST” and it‘s becoming increasingly popular among wealthy Nigerians. One BEAST vehicle can sell for approximately $400,000.00 USD.

How many has the Federal Governmet ordered? Which state government or business tycoon has ordered the most?

We‘ve met with Nigerian government officials, advisors, governors and generals at the highest levels. They‘ve come to our facility and met with us here in the U.S. They need protection, and they trust Texas Armoring Corporation to provide the best armoured vehicles worldwide. Our vehicles will stop multiple, black market armour-piercing rounds from an AK-47 or M-16, and although they‘re protected so well, they‘re also extremely lightweight, which means better performance and handling. The most popular vehicles we sell to Nigeria are the Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG, Lexus LX570, Toyota Landcruiser, Mercedes-Benz GL550, Mercedes-Benz S550, and the Cadillac Escalade. Typically, vehicles are not sold through a federal channel (e.g., a public federal bid). Sales come through private channels for clients with Federal connections. Many politicians are wealthy from other business ventures, so funds are from private accounts as opposed to bids or contracts.

In fact, just today (Tuesday, April 20), we received a contract for $5,357,550.00 USD for 30 units for various politicians and businessmen throughout Abuja, Port Harcourt, and Lagos. Lagos State and Abuja State are probably the clients that buy the most. In a given year, we could send approximately 50-100 units to Nigeria alone.

Can you give an estimate of how much the coy you represent has reaped from orders secured from Nigeria i.e. from the various governments, politicians, expatriates and business tycoons?

About 30 per cent of our market is from Nigeria. Over the years, we‘ve probably sent close to 800-900 armoured vehicles to Nigeria. We also met with a special advisor to the Presidency a few months back to discuss long-term partnerships for Nigeria.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201004243145171 (retrieved from http://web.archive.org/)[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 29, 2013
Na who sin pass.

http://societynowng.com/Governor-Fashola-Asiwaju-Tinubu-Get-N600M-Bullet-Proof-Jeeps-With-Surveillance-Camera-Bomb-Detectors

Abi na for woman body una get mouth talk.

Thanks eguerilla

Stella is a woman and is Igbo na Im all these eediots dey halla
Her male counterparts have been doing same since time Imo river

Make I hear stella name again

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Lilimax(f): 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2013
babyosisi: Na who sin pass.

http://societynowng.com/Governor-Fashola-Asiwaju-Tinubu-Get-N600M-Bullet-Proof-Jeeps-With-Surveillance-Camera-Bomb-Detectors

Abi na for woman body una get mouth talk.

Thanks eguerilla

Stella is a woman and is Igbo na Im all these eediots dey halla
Her male counterparts have been doing same since time Imo river

Make I hear stella name again
grin grin
Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by donphilopus: 1:54pm On Oct 29, 2013
What's the OP yarning??
Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 29, 2013
Their asiwaJUJU jagajaga borgu- bola ahmed Tinubu-bat has charmed all d yorubas nd stealing massively frm dem while dey turn d oda way.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2013
Hi babyosisi, d most powerful gal on nairaland, how are u doing? I just too like u ooooo!

Nwanyi maramma, nwanyi diike, Chukwu gozie gi oooo!
Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Mynd44: 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2013
The topic says Fashola bought Bullet proof Toyota Prado Jeeps when every sane person in Lagos knows that the official car Fashola uses is a Range Sportgringrin

I am tired of Amala journalism and diversions jare

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Afam4eva(m): 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2013
Mynd_44: The topic says Fashola bought Bullet proof Toyota Prado Jeeps when every sane person in Lagos knows that the official car Fashola uses is a Range Sportgringrin

I am tired of Amala journalism and diversions jare
How did you know this and does Fashola have only one car as a public official?

@topic
The only thing that pisses me of about a lot of NIgeria is the double standard that they portray. The same people that are rallying behind Oduah today are the same people that will call for the head of another public official who's not from their tribe. It's also pertinent to note that when this Fashola news broke, nobody even raised an eye brow because the media is controlled by pro-Fashola people. This is the reason why Nigeria may never move forward until we change our mentality to issues.

9 Likes

Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Mynd44: 2:23pm On Oct 29, 2013
Afam4eva:

If you have seen the governor''s convoy which I have more than once you would know. I have seen him come out of it at events too a lot and each time you see Fashola get into his car on TV WHILE IN LAGOS, it is the same Range Sport. Now where is your evidence on the Toyota Prados?

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Afam4eva(m): 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2013
Mynd_44:
If you have seen the governor''s convoy which I have more than once you would know. I have seen him come out of it at events too a lot and each time you see Fashola get into his car on TV WHILE IN LAGOS, it is the same Range Sport. Now where is your evidence on the Toyota Prados?

Thank you
The fact that you always see Fashola in a Range Rover sports does not mean he doesn't have other cars in his fleet. Let's also not forget that the cars in his convoys apart from his own also falls under his financial purview. I'm not arguing whether or not he owns a certain Toyota prado. I'm only highlighting the hypocrisy being displayed by most NIgerians who have dismissed this report without even wanting to know whether it's true or false just because it's Fashola and you'll blame those that are coming to the defense of the Aviation minister. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. The double standard is irritating.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 29, 2013
Afam4eva:

@topic
The only thing that pisses me of about a lot of NIgeria is the double standard that they portray. The same people that are rallying behind Oduah today are the same people that will call for the head of another public official who's not from their tribe. It's also pertinent to note that when this Fashola news broke, nobody even raised an eye brow because the media is controlled by pro-Fashola people. This is the reason why Nigeria may never move forward until we change our mentality to issues.

Is it not the case that this particular allegation was only brought back to life in the last 2 weeks, in order to detract from the Oduah-saga?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Afam4eva(m): 2:32pm On Oct 29, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Is it not the case that this particular allegation was only brought back to life in the last 2 weeks, in order to detract from the Oduah-saga?

Yes, it was probably brought back to life by the pro-Odua group but does that make it worth not looking into? Could it be that these pro-odua people are highlighting the hypocrisy that a lot of Nigerians are suffering from?

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Mynd44: 2:37pm On Oct 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
The fact that you always see Fashola in a Range Rover sports does not mean he doesn't have other cars in his fleet. Let's also not forget that the cars in his convoys apart from his own also falls under his financial purview. I'm not arguing whether or not he owns a certain Toyota prado. I'm only highlighting the hypocrisy being displayed by most NIgerians who have dismissed this report without even wanting to know whether it's true or false just because it's Fashola and you'll blame those that are coming to the defense of the Aviation minister. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. The double standard is irritating.
We keep forgetting some things here. There is no proof that those cars exist. No pictures, no receipts, no eye witness, no one has seen him ride in them, no one has even smelt them.

In the Oduah case, the receipts were seen, the cars were seen, the purchase was not approved, it was not registered, the denying and later acceptance of the existence of the cars is even insulting.

Did the Lagos state government buy those cars or is this a political rumor? The answer lies in the provision of proof that they exist

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Mynd44: 2:40pm On Oct 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
Yes, it was probably brought back to life by the pro-Odua group but does that make it worth not looking into? Could it be that these pro-odua people are highlighting the hypocrisy that a lot of Nigerians are suffering from?
Certain states have private jets that the governor flies with. These things are more expensive than the cars in question right? But was due process followed in the purchase of the jets?

The question when you bring the Oduah issue here is that who approved the purchase of the cars? Were they registered with the relevant security agencies?
Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Rad1cal: 2:42pm On Oct 29, 2013
If his car is not bullet proof,

why did he have to open the entire door to pay his scam toll fee at Lekki in 2011 >sad

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Afam4eva(m): 2:43pm On Oct 29, 2013
Mynd_44:
We keep forgetting some things here. There is no proof that those cars exist. No pictures, no receipts, no eye witness, no one has seen him ride in them, no one has even smelt them.

In the Oduah case, the receipts were seen, the cars were seen, the purchase was not approved, it was not registered, the denying and later acceptance of the existence of the cars is even insulting.

Did the Lagos state government buy those cars or is this a political rumor? The answer lies in the provision of proof that they exist
You already believe all this because Sahara reporters said so? You see the hypocrisy that i'm talking about. No one has given the Aviation ministry the opportunity to defend themselves but have already made up their mind on the issue by proclaiming the minister guilty before been proven so. Going by that premise, should we also conclude that Fashola is probably guilty too? Like i said, let's not apply double standards in National issues cos it will be setting a bad precedence where people may be forced to defend their uncle that have killed a whole village.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:45pm On Oct 29, 2013
They say the failure of leadership is Nigeria's biggest problem. I'm of the school of thought that people deserve the leaders they get. We get failures as leaders because the electorate and followers are even bigger failures. Stella Oduah is a kinswoman of mine but anyone justifying or defending corruption under misguided clannishness and tribalism is a disgrace. I'm under no illusions there are many like her and worse than her but if she's the only one to pay for the corruption obscenities that plague this failed, hopeless nation, I'm more than happy to see us start somewhere.

If everyone indicted or prosecuted for corruption in this country were Igbos, I don't care. So long as it makes Igbo society and Nigeria a better place. One has to start somewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Mynd44: 2:47pm On Oct 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
You already believe all this because Sahara reporters said so? You see the hypocrisy that i'm talking about. No one has given the Aviation ministry the opportunity to defend themselves but have already made up their mind on the issue by proclaiming the minister guilty before been proven so. Going by that premise, should we also conclude that Fashola is probably guilty too? Like i said, let's not apply double standards in National issues cos it will be setting a bad precedence where people may be forced to defend their uncle that have killed a whole village.
Perhaps you might shed light on the initial denial of the aviation ministry and NCAA as to the existence of the cars. Or the government sudden interest in finding out who leaked the papers to the press.
Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Afam4eva(m): 2:52pm On Oct 29, 2013
Mynd_44:
Perhaps you might shed light on the initial denial of the aviation ministry and NCAA as to the existence of the cars. Or the government sudden interest in finding out who leaked the papers to the press.

Can you prove that the purchase of the car was denied or are you taking the words of all these sensational media house as gospel? Don't believe everything you read in the papers. That's why i take what i read in the media with a pinch of salt until i can know the real truth via a more credible source. This is me playing the devil's advocate. I'm not saying Odua may not be guilty, all i'm saying is that we should follow due dilligence and leave the authorities to carry out their investigations before calling for her head. She's innocent until proven guilty and what we have in the public domain are mere allegations that will be either disproved by odua or confirmed.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:52pm On Oct 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
The case has festered long enough to successfully defend themselves. They haven't done so. Just kept rehashing mixed messages. If the minister in question were Fani-Kayode, something tells me you won't be so eager to offer this weak defence. Stella Oduah is facing what people like Patricia Etteh and Adenike Grange did. Paranoid people are whipping up ethnic sentiments to defend her in the guise of being fair. Spare us the hypocrisy.
Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Afam4eva(m): 2:55pm On Oct 29, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
The case has festered long enough to successfully defend themselves. They haven't done so. Just kept rehashing mixed messages. If the minister in question were Fani-Kayode, something tells me you won't be so eager to offer this weak defence. Stella Oduah is facing what people like Patricia Etteh and Adenike Grange did. Paranoid people are whipping up ethnic sentiments to defend her in the guise of being fair. Spare us the hypocrisy.
Pls, don't patronize me. I'm not defending her and never have. The post you quoted was my attempt to play the devil's advocate. Are you telling me that Odua does not deserve an audience. Should we just cut off her head just because she was accused of a crime? Doesn't common sense suggest that the crime authorities should do their investigations and if she's found wanting then she'll face the full weight of the law. What has that got to do with defending her?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 29, 2013
Afam4eva:

I am afraid the greatest amount of hypocrisy I have encountered in recent weeks comes from the pro-Oduah group.
Unlike anything else we have seen since the beginning of the current democratic experiment, it is this group that has left no stone unturned in its efforts to ethnicise the debate about financial impropriety.
Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Mynd44: 2:59pm On Oct 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
Pls, don't patronize me. I'm not defending her and never have. The post you quoted was my attempt to play the devil's advocate. Are you telling me that Odua does not deserve an audience. Should we just cut of her head just because she was accused of crime? Doesn't common sense suggest that the crime authorities should do their investigations and if she's found wanting then she'll face the full weight of the law. What has that got to do with defending her?
You were the one who brought up this issue of Oduah remember? This thread is about Fashola's alleged purchase of 4 Toyota Prado Jeeps.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 29, 2013
Oh na receipt we dey wait for?
Tinubu go show us receipt?
Hahahaha
Una go wait taya
Did we see the receipt of Lagos lootings?
This news broke in 2011 and was covered up
Now they are challenging people to produce the receipt
By magic?
Ha hahahaha
A least Oduah own was out in the open
This one was mago mago under cover yet uncovered
Na who sin pass?
I say na who sin pass eh

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:17pm On Oct 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
Pls, don't patronize me. I'm not defending her and never have. The post you quoted was my attempt to play the devil's advocate. Are you telling me that Odua does not deserve an audience. Should we just cut off her head just because she was accused of a crime? Doesn't common sense suggest that the crime authorities should do their investigations and if she's found wanting then she'll face the full weight of the law. What has that got to do with defending her?
This is Nigeria. How many politicians and political appointees get prosecuted and face the "full weight of the law". Are you kidding me?grin

what you're saying here could be applied to any of the thousands of rogues that bleed this country dry. There's clearly exposed financial impropriety here and she and her crew have offered nothing tangible in defence for weeks. And you're here expecting the "crime authorities" to investigate and prosecute her? The same way Etteh or Farouk Lawan and many others were prosecuted, abi? You must think this is Switzerland or something.grin Una no go carry laugh kill me for here. We all know why you're playing "devil's advocate". You're not fooling anyone.
Re: Fashola Bought N600 Million Cars In 2011,have You All Forgotten? by kenerep: 3:18pm On Oct 29, 2013
The greatest disappointment is not stella oduah but her kinsmen who cannot exhibit dignity, equity, and justice, Rather than apologise to the whole nation for the unwholesome character exhibited by their kinswoman they are there throwing up ethnic sentiment to justify the stealing perpetuated by their daughter. Na waah oooo for the Igbo race.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Advice To Stella Oduah And Her Aides / Itsekiri Leaders Seek President Jonathan Resignation / Boko Haram: Generals Lead Battle As Effort To Capture Shekau Heightens..Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.