Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks (899 Views)

Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing / Pls, Kindly Help A Brother, Who's New To Web Design. / Ebook: A Client's Guide To Web Design/development Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by Mrshroud: 2:50pm On Oct 29, 2013
Please i am new to the world of webdesigning.
Html editors, css scripts, F.T.P and the likes.
I would really Appreciate anyone who can mentor me, if that is too much to ask, may i please, be enlightened on what software is best and widely used for html editing.
Right now i have pagebreeze which is both based on text editing wysiwyg, and my p.c's notepad, as my only tools.
Please professional advice will be really appreciated.
Thanks a lot..
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by ZinoFego: 2:55pm On Oct 29, 2013
Notepad ++ is one of the app to edit html.

There is a Free Joomla website development training going on here on NairaLand.

Joomla is a Content Management System (CMS) that enables you build dynamic websites like eCommerce sites, jobs portal, etc. Joomla is easy to learn.

You can hop in here: https://www.nairaland.com/1485054/joomla-free-training-nairaland-live
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by jenifertaler: 3:06pm On Oct 29, 2013
You can work with dream weaver, if you can use
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by CODEEATER(m): 3:08pm On Oct 29, 2013
ZinoFego: Notepad ++ is one of the app to edit html.

Joomla a Content Management System (CMS) that enables you build dynamic websites like eCommerce sites, jobs portal, etc. Joomla is easy to learn.

You can hop in here: https://www.nairaland.com/1485054/joomla-free-training-nairaland-live
bro...he's new no web dev...he hasn't learnt front end stuff finish,cnt jst fly to php programming... oop 4 dat mata...

Not sure he can cope o...let him grow his milk teeth before giving him eba to eat...

#justMyHumbleOpinion

1 Like

Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by Mrshroud: 3:12pm On Oct 29, 2013
ZinoFego: Notepad ++ is one of the app to edit html.

Joomla a Content Management System (CMS) that enables you build dynamic websites like eCommerce sites, jobs portal, etc. Joomla is easy to learn.

thanks bro , i'm so grateful
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by Mrshroud: 3:14pm On Oct 29, 2013
jenifertaler: You can work with dream weaver, if you can use
thanks a lot.
I've heard of dreamweaver, is it based on wysiwyg or text?
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by ZinoFego: 3:17pm On Oct 29, 2013
Does Joomla require any programming? It's just a CMS. Learning html is harder than learning Joomla.

After developing a Joomla site, it can be handed over to a client to manage, does the client require programming knowledge to do so? I don't think so.

CODE-EATER:
bro...he's new no web dev...he hasn't learnt front end stuff finish,cnt jst fly to php programming... oop 4 dat mata...

Not sure he can cope o...let him grow his milk teeth before giving him eba to eat...

#justMyHumbleOpinion
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by Mrshroud: 3:20pm On Oct 29, 2013
CODE-EATER:

#justMyHumbleOpinion
i understand your point bro..but i can assure you that i'm good in cracking whole's into tiny little bits , just as much as i'm gud in working with bits and peices to make a whole.. So basically i can work with any approach as long as its spiced up with relevant guidelines. Thank you once again
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by CODEEATER(m): 3:29pm On Oct 29, 2013
ZinoFego: Does Joomla require any programming? It's just a CMS. Learning html is harder than learning Joomla.

After developing a Joomla site, it can be handed over to a client to manage, does the client require programming knowledge to do so? I don't think so.

I cnt help but disagree there...html? More difficult than joomla?...

Hmmm

M not a joomla dude... but I know php n how it is....

Still surprised at that statement lipsrsealed

But any way...if he can cope...gr8
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by Mrshroud: 3:48pm On Oct 29, 2013
I find html tags logically comprehensive enough, but when it comes to their attributes its giving me a bit of tough time.
I'm considering switching to wysiwyg mode, but i fear my understanding might be limited to sketchy and cosmetic, rather than fundamental.
Maybe what i need is a learner friendly software.
Please is there any, that can be recommended?
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by ZinoFego: 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2013
It seems you have no idea what Joomla is. Joola is not a programming language!!!

Do you require PHP knowledge to operate a Facebook account? I will liken Joomla to Facebook in the sense that you need to just configure a few items and you are up and running. If you can operate a account, you can work with Joomla.

CODE-EATER:
I cnt help but disagree there...html? More difficult than joomla?...

Hmmm

M not a joomla dude... but I know php n how it is....

Still surprised at that statement lipsrsealed

But any way...if he can cope...gr8
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by ZinoFego: 3:56pm On Oct 29, 2013
DreamWeaver.

Mr shroud: I find html tags logically comprehensive enough, but when it comes to their attributes its giving me a bit of tough time.
I'm considering switching to wysiwyg mode, but i fear my understanding might be limited to sketchy and cosmetic, rather than fundamental.
Maybe what i need is a learner friendly software.
Please is there any, that can be recommended?
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by Mrshroud: 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2013
@zino, i think i now have an idea of the joomla content mgmt concept. its not as complicated. ur facebook based analogy more or less applies.
I'm about to download dreamweaver 12.0, hope it helps. Thank you so much.
I developed an impression of a standard order to web design solution. Its as follows, in ascending order [basic computer knowledge>html editing>css>javascripting>php>flash>FTP>]
what do you guys think of this order, i'm about to set a target for myself in acheiving this web design skill.. Does the order cut it?
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by ZinoFego: 4:39pm On Oct 29, 2013
Great. But if you want to be testing your scripts in a live environment, you need to move FTP forward. Filezilla is a good FTP, it is free and quite easy to work with.
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by Mrshroud: 4:51pm On Oct 29, 2013
ZinoFego: Great. But if you want to be testing your scripts in a live environment, you need to move FTP forward. Filezilla is a good FTP, it is free and quite easy to work with.
thank you so much sir, i'll keep that in mind.
I'm shuffling between my thread and the joomla thread.
I find joomla quite an interesting prospect.
By the way Sir, am i allowed to call you?
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by ZinoFego: 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2013
Yeah.

Mr shroud:
thank you so much sir, i'll keep that in mind.
I'm shuffling between my thread and the joomla thread.
I find joomla quite an interesting prospect.
By the way Sir, am i allowed to call you?
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by CODEEATER(m): 5:47pm On Oct 29, 2013
ZinoFego: It seems you have no idea what Joomla is. Joola is not a programming language!!!

Do you require PHP knowledge to operate a Facebook account? I will liken Joomla to Facebook in the sense that you need to just configure a few items and you are up and running. If you can operate a account, you can work with Joomla.

Haaa...I Neva said joomla is a programming language o...I know its a cms written in php...u talk of fb n blogr.. doz r simple apps created for that purpose... yes setting up fb n blogr is easy cnt be compared with actually coding or writing an app with joomla or anything for that matter... how ever easy it may be .it still needs know-how in php... cnt drive a car without knowing how to start it...

Any ways y r we even arguing sef...d dude should choose his own path...

Happy programming bro
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by Appliedmaths(m): 11:28pm On Oct 29, 2013
If you can't CODE IT YOURSELF then my guy you're still a learner and shouldn't be called a webmaster/developers. After you've mastered the art of coding, as in coding a complete web page from start to finish then you can add the CMS thing as an added skill.

Even the person teaching you the CMS stuff is a professional coder.

Picture your self in a setting where you're a given a system with a notepad++ and a web browser to show your skills, wetin you go do?
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by wisemania(m): 9:39am On Oct 30, 2013
Appliedmaths.:
If you can't CODE IT YOURSELF then my guy you're still a learner and shouldn't be called a webmaster/developers. After you've mastered the art of coding, as in coding a complete web page from start to finish then you can add the CMS thing as an added skill.

Picture your self in a setting where you're a given a system with a notepad++ and a web browser to show your skills, wetin you go do?
GBAM!!....this my guy wise finish...u just spoke my mind...@OP: its beta u learn 4rm scratch,so dat ud kw how evwritin wrks..wif joomla ud stil be a learner in all ramz...learning d basics gives u d freedom 2 do and undo some properties in ur code @will,ud be in total control of codes bcoz its ur code and u kw exactly how it wrks compared 2 joomla wr almost evritin reasonable is done done on ur behalf...so my guy cool down and learn html,css,js ,php..etc 4rm scratch,dnt be a lena..*my2cents*
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by Mrshroud: 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
wisemania:
GBAM!!....this my guy wise finish...u just spoke my mind...@OP: its beta u learn 4rm scratch,so dat ud kw how evwritin wrks..wif joomla ud stil be a learner in all ramz...learning d basics gives u d freedom 2 do and undo some properties in ur code @will,ud be in total control of codes bcoz its ur code and u kw exactly how it wrks compared 2 joomla wr almost evritin reasonable is done done on ur behalf...so my guy cool down and learn html,css,js ,php..etc 4rm scratch,dnt be a lena..*my2cents*
thank you sir?
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by Mrshroud: 1:53pm On Oct 30, 2013
When you say coding or writing codes, do you mean tags and attributes and cascading sheets.
Or are there other codes i should knw about?
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by Mrshroud: 1:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

thanks a lot for your contribution.
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by wisemania(m): 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
Mr shroud: When you say coding or writing codes, do you mean tags and attributes and cascading sheets.
Or are there other codes i should knw about?
1.html and css code tags
2.javascript codes(its a programming lang and also have its extension and libraries eg.jQuery,AJAX,Json)
3.php ,Sql codes aswell,but u cud any OOP of ur choice 4d server side like: c++,c,java,python,ruby,perl in place of php...
Dats all i cn say 4now,i dnt want 2 say one tin now and my ogas @d top will com and say anoda one...
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by Mrshroud: 4:36pm On Oct 30, 2013
wisemania:
1.html and css code tags
2.javascript codes(its a programming lang and also have its extension and libraries eg.jQuery,AJAX,Json)
3.php ,Sql codes aswell,but u cud any OOP of ur choice 4d server side like: c++,c,java,python,ruby,perl in place of php...
Dats all i cn say 4now,i dnt want 2 say one tin now and my ogas @d top will com and say anoda one...
thank you so much sir.
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by Mrshroud: 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
Please i would like to know, i thought markup language was the sole language used in designing, how come javascript is coded with programming language{which i hear is much more complicated than mark up language} please pardon my ignorance.
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by CODEEATER(m): 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2013
Mr shroud: Please i would like to know, i thought markup language was the sole language used in designing, how come javascript is coded with programming language{which i hear is much more complicated than mark up language} please pardon my ignorance.
let me explain a little concept we wed devs call. ."progressive enhancement"..

Html in its true form n purpose is to jst to present content in markup. ..it is d bed rock upon which all sites r built the first normal step ib creating a web page is to create the .html file...which will act as the layer on which other scripts n shit will sit. ..IT IS THE FIRST LAYER IN THE P.E STACK

Next, css...its sole duty is to format that content in the html document so its nt just boring plain black text on white paper (think old text books)..It beautifies content...IT IS THE SECOND IN THE P.E STACK PILE. .

Lastly. ..javascript. ..also refered to as "behavior"..it enhances interactivity between a user viewing a web page nd the web page its self. .it is said to bring a static boring page to life (think Google)..u type a query string in the box n without refreshing the page a little box appears under with suggested queries, thats Ajax. ..or sites where u hover over an element and one cool stuff happens. ..thats all javascript. ..IT IS THE LAST IN THE P.E STACK. ..

CONTENT> PRESENTATION> >BEHAVIOR

Thats how a site should be built in such a way that the browser first loads up d page content. .which is wat users r afftr..then comes your css file or code which formats that content, making it more presentable and less boring to look at...then your javascript behavior is loaded add a little pizzaz to it all..stuff like effects, page transitions, pop ups. ..etc. ..

Now...javascript itself is a full blooded programming language. .html n css r jst markup tool to present content to a browser in the language it understands. ...so I advice u start at the bottom of the stack n learn ur way up to d top. ..cuz if u skip d gun n fly to stuff like joomla...u cnt talk wen real coders r talking. ..learn html frst grab it...den goto others ib thier order
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by Mrshroud: 10:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
CODE-EATER:
let me explain a little concept we wed devs call. ."progressive enhancement"..

Html in its true form n purpose is to jst to present content in markup. ..it is d bed rock upon which all sites r built the first normal step ib creating a web page is to create the .html file...which will act as the layer on which other scripts n shit will sit. ..IT IS THE FIRST LAYER IN THE P.E STACK

Next, css...its sole duty is to format that content in the html document so its nt just boring plain black text on white paper (think old text books)..It beautifies content...IT IS THE SECOND IN THE P.E STACK PILE. .

Lastly. ..javascript. ..also refered to as "behavior"..it enhances interactivity between a user viewing a web page nd the web page its self. .it is said to bring a static boring page to life (think Google)..u type a query string in the box n without refreshing the page a little box appears under with suggested queries, thats Ajax. ..or sites where u hover over an element and one cool stuff happens. ..thats all javascript. ..IT IS THE LAST IN THE P.E STACK. ..

CONTENT> PRESENTATION> >BEHAVIOR

Thats how a site should be built in such a way that the browser first loads up d page content. .which is wat users r afftr..then comes your css file or code which formats that content, making it more presentable and less boring to look at...then your javascript behavior is loaded add a little pizzaz to it all..stuff like effects, page transitions, pop ups. ..etc. ..

Now...javascript itself is a full blooded programming language. .html n css r jst markup tool to present content to a browser in the language it understands. ...so I advice u start at the bottom of the stack n learn ur way up to d top. ..cuz if u skip d gun n fly to stuff like joomla...u cnt talk wen real coders r talking. ..learn html frst grab it...den goto others ib thier order
Sir i must appreciate your helpfullness, you guys here are so nice and open, i'm humbled.
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by Mrshroud: 10:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
Therefore related html/css/javascript documents would all be transferred to a host when transfering to network, to form a website. Am i correct?
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by wisemania(m): 12:45am On Oct 31, 2013
Mr shroud: Therefore related html/css/javascript documents would all be transferred to a host when transfering to network, to form a website. Am i correct?
broda id appreciate it if ud call me "wisemania or Josh"
bak 2ur question,i fink html,css only form d markup as code had earlier explained...but javascript wud be hosted on d clients server not d host's server(dats y it waz created),its php/oda oop used dat wud be transfered 2 d host server...i stand 2b corrected if am wrng...if u nid a list of ebooks 2 read as regards javascript think:
http://w3schools.com (dis is 4a strt) its a site though...
2.javascript enlightenment (cody lindly)-dis dude really explained d procedural level of js 2d brim,u nid dis book like crazy...
3.Eloquent javascript(marijn haverbeke)-dis guy is a genius ,coz he is damn gud:
4.Anthology of javascript,dis guy is anoda js guru,its coupled wif web hacks/prevention using javascript
5.object oriented javascript
d list is endless..
6.XSS attack-XSS d new attack, javascript the new shell code(justin clarke)- creating exploits using javascript..dis hlps u 2 kw how 2 orchestrate ur own exploits and 2 prevent /protect ur site/browser 4rm such attack..
..but guy it will du u mr gud 2 folow dis list obediently..coz it is most righteous...der r oda gud books u kud ckeck on google...but by d tym ure don wif d 1st 3 on d list i bet ur javascript lyf will neva remain d xame again ,it will make jQuery,ajax,php damn eazy 4u 2 comprehend..my guy no rush am sha,strt wif html and css 1st, dem no hard atall compared 2 d rest(but d advance technical prt dey sha)...my ogas cn add 2d list..
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by wisemania(m): 2:50pm On Oct 31, 2013
Re: Please I'm New To Web Designing, Kindly Help Me In Any Way Possible. Thanks by Mrshroud: 1:14am On Nov 01, 2013
@wisemania, please sir, dont stop me from calling you sir, even the bible says give honour to whom it is due.
Sir i'm profoundly grateful.
As for the books i'll check them up.
Thanks sir once again.
@ everyone, thanks for the hospitality, i appreciate.

i definitely have come to stay.

(1) (Reply)

Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error / A Beginners Guide To Object-oriented Programming (OOP) In PHP 5+ / Pls Guys, How Can I Create A Site Like Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.