Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Xbox One Or PS4 ? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Xbox One Or PS4 ? (3424 Views)

Playstation 4 Vs Xbox One (Comprehensive Comparison) / XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft / Official Xbox One Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xbox One Or PS4 ? by statusnet(m): 6:15pm On Oct 29, 2013
With the new generation games coming out between November and December, the Xbox and the PlayStation consoles are always compared to each other by fan-boys.

The Xbox one has its pros and cons likewise the PS4, also the new gaming experience is quite different like the Xbox one in which Microsoft have made into a complete media device where the company balanced between gaming and entertainment, whereas the PS4 is a strictly gaming device. The cost of these devices is also a major factor that will affect sales, the PS4 costs $399.99 making it lesser by $100 than the Xbox one which costs $499.99 with the inclusion of Kinect.
Also rumour has it going that Call of Duty Ghosts will run on 1080p graphics display on PS4 and 720p on Xbox One, hence making it look sharper on the PS4 ; This might be major concern among #CoD fan-boys who will like to play the game with best resolution but the difference between the display isn't noticeable to the human eye.

In conclusion , what console will guys and ladies buy? and the reason for it.
Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by jjk24(m): 6:37pm On Oct 29, 2013
Ps4 eni day ! Reasons!- play station exclusives(if u missed out of this gens ps3s exclusive u on a lng tin o) playstation plus damn d subscription is worth every penny! - d game pad way improved frm dis gens own - the price (although i can't afford it rhyt nw) - the console features !. Xbox one is also good buh damn can't miss play stations exclusives !! Cheers.!
Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by jjk24(m): 6:39pm On Oct 29, 2013
Ps4 eni day ! Reasons!- play station exclusives(if u missed out of this gens ps3s exclusive u on a lng tin o) playstation plus damn d subscription is worth every penny! - d game pad way improved frm dis gens own - the price (although i can't afford it rhyt nw) - the console features I.e remote play with the vita and mobile devices, the record and share feature and so on u playin a game b4 it finish installing . - and also its the most powerfull next gen console and its cheaper than the competition (wii u no b competition abeg)!. Xbox one is also good buh damn can't miss play stations exclusives !! Cheers.!
Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by statusnet(m): 7:00pm On Nov 11, 2013
jjk24: Ps4 eni day ! Reasons!- play station exclusives(if u missed out of this gens ps3s exclusive u on a lng tin o) playstation plus damn d subscription is worth every penny! - d game pad way improved frm dis gens own - the price (although i can't afford it rhyt nw) - the console features I.e remote play with the vita and mobile devices, the record and share feature and so on u playin a game b4 it finish installing . - and also its the most powerfull next gen console and its cheaper than the competition (wii u no b competition abeg)!. Xbox one is also good buh damn can't miss play stations exclusives !! Cheers.!

Yhhh , Sony went really hard on the exclusives.
Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 12, 2013
Xbox one anytime anyday, voice control, 1080p skype videos, Entertainment multimedia hub, kinect controller, it supports mp3 and dLna streaming unlike ps4, a better online multiplaying with free dedicated servers, Better Xbox live experience, lastly, really cool exclusive titles like Ryse:Son of rome, halo 5 & Titanfall, i have been studying both consoles of recent and in my own opinion I'd choose XBOX ONE.
Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by statusnet(m): 12:31am On Nov 13, 2013
Big.game:
Xbox one anytime anyday, voice control, 1080p skype videos, Entertainment multimedia hub, kinect controller, it supports mp3 and dLna streaming unlike ps4, a better online multiplaying with free dedicated servers, Better Xbox live experience, lastly, really cool exclusive titles like Ryse:Son of rome, halo 5 & Titanfall, i have been studying both consoles of recent and in my own opinion I'd choose XBOX ONE.

Hahhaha ,tbh I'm starting to drift to the Xbox one side cuz there's so much to do btw you forgot Forza 5
Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by statusnet(m): 12:36am On Nov 13, 2013
Guys Nov 15 is almost here!!! grin PS4 to launch soon and Killer Instinct is a game to look out for .

P.S - PS4 official unboxing video was released yesterday on YouTube
Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by aaron213: 5:34am On Nov 13, 2013
pls help!!!! can i get playstation plus in nigeria? and how? some1, any1 pleaaase!!
Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by statusnet(m): 6:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
aaron213: pls help!!!! can i get playstation plus in nigeria? and how? some1, any1 pleaaase!!
U can get psn cards on omagames
Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by statusnet(m): 12:16am On Nov 15, 2013
The PS4 releases today! grin cool grin grin

1 Like

Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 15, 2013
PS4!!!!
Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by statusnet(m): 8:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
Both hardware and software problems seem to prevent the flawless released of the PS4. Such problems include blue screen,HDMI issues and unwanted reboots when multitasking according to IGN. Buyers of the PS4 seem frustrated and Sony boss says the fans should be patient that the minor issue will be resolved ASAP.

Also , this hardware issue seems to be given the Xbox One the upper hand atm (due to people changing their minds) and Microsoft is playing as a good competitor by congratulating Sony on its PS4 release albeit some people have the opinion that the tweet is ambiguous .

1 Like

Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by Nobody: 1:34am On Nov 16, 2013
statusnet: Both hardware and software problems seem to prevent the flawless released of the PS4. Such problems include blue screen,HDMI issues and unwanted reboots when multitasking according to IGN. Buyers of the PS4 seem frustrated and Sony boss says the fans should be patient that the minor issue will be resolved ASAP.

Also , this hardware issue seems to be given the Xbox One the upper hand atm (due to people changing their minds) and Microsoft is playing as a good competitor by congratulating Sony on its PS4 release albeit some people have the opinion that the tweet is ambiguous .

Nice move by Microsoft

1 Like

Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by spenca: 8:44am On Nov 19, 2013
Even the aftermath release of the xbox one will follow suit of issues like this due to the fact that this is just the first batches to be released subsequent ones wont encounter such issues ,if you ask me i wont change ma mind only because some earliee released consoles got issues , its sony entertainment baby !
Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by statusnet(m): 9:44am On Nov 19, 2013
1 million PS4s sold so far !! cool .
Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by statusnet(m): 12:14am On Nov 23, 2013
WOW!! The Xbox one is out !!! and microsoft is rewarding gamers with the highest gamerscore free Xbox Ones grin
Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by domack99(m): 10:23am On Nov 23, 2013
Hello guys, am thinking of ordering ps4 or xbox one from US (amazon or ebay) but my concern is the power input rating. I know not all electronics you can buy and use direct from US due to 110/120 voltage input. I know Laptops and mobile devices can be plug directly to Nigeria power source but don't know if this game console is one of them.
Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by statusnet(m): 2:41pm On Nov 23, 2013
domack99: Hello guys, am thinking of ordering ps4 or xbox one from US (amazon or ebay) but my concern is the power input rating. I know not all electronics you can buy and use direct from US due to 110/120 voltage input. I know Laptops and mobile devices can be plug directly to Nigeria power source but don't know if this game console is one of them.

The xbox one power adapter support 110v-240v, so it will be compatible with any country's voltage
Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by statusnet(m): 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2013
One million xbones sold within 24 hrs grin. In a press statement, xbox stated that over one million xbox ones "sold through" meaning that the number reflects sale to consumers not shipment to retailers. cool

1 Like

Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by Nobody: 12:35am On Nov 24, 2013
statusnet: One million xbones sold within 24 hrs grin. In a press statement, xbox stated that over one million xbox ones "sold through" meaning that the number reflects sale to consumers not shipment to retailers. cool

in comparison to ps4, Xbox One was launched in 13 countries while the ps4 launched in north America, but then again there's the 100$ difference.
Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by domack99(m): 7:28am On Nov 25, 2013
statusnet:

The xbox one power adapter support 110v-240v, so it will be compatible with any country's voltage

Do you know if PS4 can also support 110-240 Volts. I will be buy the PS4 now based on the review have seen
Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by statusnet(m): 3:13pm On Nov 26, 2013
Sorry for the late reply, same thing applies to PS4
Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by domack99(m): 4:14pm On Nov 26, 2013
statusnet: Sorry for the late reply, same thing applies to PS4

Thanks
Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by Nobody: 2:07am On Nov 27, 2013
Some of both consoles are being affected with some issues, Ps4 suffers from "the blue light of death" which renders the console unusable, while the Xbox One suffers from faulty hard drives in which case digital copies of games can still be played.
Both companies are working to fix the various issues, and if you decide to replace your faulty Xbox one unit through Microsoft, you get a free digital copy of their exclusive titles, through their Xbox One advance Exchange program.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xbox One Or PS4 ? by akabad: 12:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
PS4 Users - Add me up

FIFA 14 and COD

PSN: malcolmeter

Better be goodsmiley

(1) (Reply)

Which Has More Graphics And Is More Better Pes/winning Eleven Or Fifa (soccer) / Eye Test / What free site should I goto download free laptop games folks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.