Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Mike Akhigbe Is Dead: Ex Nigeria’s Vice President Dies Of Throat Cancer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mike Akhigbe Is Dead: Ex Nigeria’s Vice President Dies Of Throat Cancer (1162 Views)

Kenneth Archibong Is Dead (Ex-House Of Representatives Member) / Nnenna Agnes Nnamani Is Dead (Ex-Enugu Governors Wife) / Boko Haram Leaves Mass Of Throat-slit Corpses Near Nigerian Town - YAHOO NEWS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mike Akhigbe Is Dead: Ex Nigeria’s Vice President Dies Of Throat Cancer by Elcapo(m): 7:29pm On Oct 29, 2013
Hours after the rumour of his death circulated the web, the former Vice President of Nigeria has passed on. Retired Admiral Mike Akhigbe is dead.
As his family members were busy sending out press releases yesterday to debunk his death rumour, we learnt that the former Chief of staff passed away at exactly 1:07pm on Monday in the United States of America.
Mike Okhai Akhigbe died at a private hospital in Manhattan, New York yesterday.
Before breathing his last breath, we learnt he was surrounded by his wife and children. The family had an intimate discussion with him after which he passed on.
According to a top secret source, Mike Akhigbe’s death was caused by throat cancer.
He was first diagnosed in 2010 while campaigning for President Jonathan. He took an emergency leave after the grim diagnosis. He then travelled to Germany where he underwent aggressive cancer treatment for complete 2 years.
He was later transferred to the United Kingdom last year where he stayed until this year.
His last treatment stop was at the Memorial Sloane Kettering Cancer Hospital in Manhattan, New York where he lost the battle to the disease yesterday.
Sloane Kettering is one of the best cancer treatment centers in the world.
Mike Akhigbe’s death has been confirmed by the Nigerian consulate in New York.
Plans to convey his body back to Nigeria for a befitting burial is currently ongoing.
Late Mike Akhigbe retired from the Military in 1999 when Obasanjo became Nigeria’s President.
The Edo-born naval officer died at age 67.
May his soul rest in perfect peace and may God grant his family members the fortitude to bear his loss.

Re: Mike Akhigbe Is Dead: Ex Nigeria’s Vice President Dies Of Throat Cancer by Kanwulia: 7:40pm On Oct 29, 2013
Men shalt not DIE by P-SUCKING alone!
Amen.
R.I.P. Sir!
You were a 5-STAR-GERMERAL in many ways than one! kiss

*erm? who da phock izzz he?* undecided
Re: Mike Akhigbe Is Dead: Ex Nigeria’s Vice President Dies Of Throat Cancer by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 29, 2013
3 days morning has been declared in the etsako nation.
Re: Mike Akhigbe Is Dead: Ex Nigeria’s Vice President Dies Of Throat Cancer by T8ksy(m): 7:59pm On Oct 29, 2013
Another one bites the dust!!!
Re: Mike Akhigbe Is Dead: Ex Nigeria’s Vice President Dies Of Throat Cancer by thrugemaster(m): 10:43pm On Oct 29, 2013
nah wah........... rip. ... even usa and uk can't save someone o
Re: Mike Akhigbe Is Dead: Ex Nigeria’s Vice President Dies Of Throat Cancer by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:10pm On Oct 29, 2013
blink182: 3 days morning has been declared in the etsako nation.
what about 3 darks night? grin grin
Re: Mike Akhigbe Is Dead: Ex Nigeria’s Vice President Dies Of Throat Cancer by slap1(m): 4:37am On Oct 30, 2013
Is this for real? I don't want to say RIP now and my oga in the inner room will say it's a rumour. . .anyway, RIP -- now, or in advance.
Re: Mike Akhigbe Is Dead: Ex Nigeria’s Vice President Dies Of Throat Cancer by Emeralddeee: 8:05am On Oct 30, 2013
Sleep on, Mike your legacy still remains even though you are gone, you were a philanthropist and the works you did will forever be remembered. We the Estsako people will miss you, we acknowledge all you did. RIP
Re: Mike Akhigbe Is Dead: Ex Nigeria’s Vice President Dies Of Throat Cancer by ikweremilitant: 8:43am On Oct 30, 2013
Kanwulia: Men shalt not DIE by P-SUCKING alone!
Amen.
R.I.P. Sir!
You were a 5-STAR-GERMERAL in many ways than one! kiss

*erm? who da phock izzz he?* undecided
its only kids lyk u dat dnt knw who d man is.and i knw ur lyks re much in dis nland
Re: Mike Akhigbe Is Dead: Ex Nigeria’s Vice President Dies Of Throat Cancer by stevecantrell: 9:02am On Oct 30, 2013
IBB's 'go to guy' RIP.
Re: Mike Akhigbe Is Dead: Ex Nigeria’s Vice President Dies Of Throat Cancer by Elueme: 9:52am On Oct 30, 2013
A man who was gr8t yet humbled. Akhigbe did well for the Afemais of Edo state. At least he touched his people. R.I.P
Re: Mike Akhigbe Is Dead: Ex Nigeria’s Vice President Dies Of Throat Cancer by Elcapo(m): 10:39am On Oct 30, 2013
R.i.p anyways! undecided undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship Election: Official Result Announced By INEC / UPN Asks Kwankwaso, Amaechi,others To Resign As Governors / Ranmon: NCP is the only party major form by a yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.