Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,109 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Breaching Bursary Or Scholarship Conditions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Breaching Bursary Or Scholarship Conditions (578 Views)

Rccg Scholaship/bursary / ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG / 2013 Delta State Scholarship And Bursary Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaching Bursary Or Scholarship Conditions by chineloSA(f): 10:47am On Oct 30, 2013
Scholars and ladies and gentlemen

I need your advice , I am in the process of writing my Research Proposal due next year February for my Masters programme. If my proposal gets a thumbs up, funding in a form of a Scholarship is guaranteed. But there are condition on this funding, that I work for the funder for the period of two year.

Sincerely speaking, I wanted to do my Masters programme at one of the two American Universities I have shortlisted. Though I have not received any response for my application. If I receive a positive response, I surely want to leave SA for any of those two American Universities.

Not that SA universities are bad, but its just that the two University in US that I have shortlisted, their programme is structured in a way that will really add value as it focuses on alot than focusing on just Thesis. In short the programme is outstanding.
The downside is that that their Masters is combined with Phd, so you do not graduate until you finish the four years and achieve your Masters + Phd + professional registration over four year period.

Whereas in SA, its not combined, once I finish my Masters in two years I can graduate and apply for professional registration and work.

The SA programme is better in a sense that If I my personal circumstances ( marriage, pregnancy etc ) change, I can still work with my Masters and professional registration and park Phd ( though time waits for no Joe ) undecided undecided undecided

Now I am worried that if I take the funding next year and later receive a response from one of those US universities, I might have a problem with abandoning the Scholarship and breach their contract because of the conditions on the contract ( which is work for them for two years after completing the programme )

Has anyone ever breached conditions of his Scholarship What are the possible consequences if you breach the contract?
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Breaching Bursary Or Scholarship Conditions by chineloSA(f): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2013
Jezas, Is Nairaland full of dropouts grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaching Bursary Or Scholarship Conditions by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 31, 2013
undecidedre contracts meant to be breached? Smh.

1 Like

Re: Breaching Bursary Or Scholarship Conditions by chineloSA(f): 2:04pm On Oct 31, 2013
gcfr.com:

No, hence I am proceeding carefully. Dummy
Re: Breaching Bursary Or Scholarship Conditions by chineloSA(f): 2:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
gcfr.com:

i like you but you push me cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Breaching Bursary Or Scholarship Conditions by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 31, 2013
chineloSA:

No, hence I am proceeding carefully. Dummy
well no matter how "careful" you re, thierz surely gonna be repercussions.
Goodluck.
Re: Breaching Bursary Or Scholarship Conditions by chineloSA(f): 2:14pm On Oct 31, 2013
gcfr.com:
well no matter how "careful" you re, thierz surely gonna be repercussions.
Goodluck.

Ok luv, thanks for nothing cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Breaching Bursary Or Scholarship Conditions by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
chineloSA:

Ok luv, thanks for nothing cheesy cheesy cheesy
funny

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Anthem! / Corrupt Nans President Begins Attack On Gov Fayemi For Rejecting His Offe / What Is The 1st Thing You Would Do When You Hear That D ASUU Strike Is Over?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.